PDA

View Full Version : Going to the Kalahari Resort in the Dells, and for CHEAP...!!!

Car Guy
02-06-2009, 08:00 PM
I put this in general chat opposed to the deals/bargains section because of the late notice, if it must be moved so be it.....:)

A good friend of mine is attending the Midwest Water Industry Expo at the Kalahari Resort this coming 10th & 11th through his work (Oak Creek Water Dept.). He notified me that people attending would get rooms for the group rate of $99 per night, which is a DEAL if you ask me. We called up and made the reservation shortly after mentioning that we were coming for the two day event. No questions were asked about our 'involvement' with the expo and nothing is required at check in.....:devil

I have wanted to visit the Kalahari this winter but the cheapest rate I could find was $199 per night. $500 for two nights (including all expenses) just wasn't worth it to me but $300 is a LOT more reasonable and something I couldn't pass up. Just thought I would throw this out there in case anyone is interested in going and can make it......:thumbsup

RanJer
02-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Too bad I work... during the week..

Crawlin
02-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Wow, their prices have definitely gone up. That was above normal prices for a regular room. Their "King Suite" I got with a girlfriend maybe 4-5 years ago, was only $199/night. And that thing was definitely not worth it over the regular room

GHOSST
02-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Spent a weekend up thier with the family back in 2004, nice place. Pretty sweet indoor pool amusement park, especially the huge toilet bowl thingy, makes feeling like a turd hella fun, haha.

Car Guy
02-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I should be able to come up with at least 4 free water park passes, if anyone is interested in going please let me know ahead of time.....:)

Wow, their prices have definitely gone up. That was above normal prices for a regular room. Their "King Suite" I got with a girlfriend maybe 4-5 years ago, was only $199/night. And that thing was definitely not worth it over the regular room

I also thought they were quite a bit higher compared to the last time we visited.....

Spent a weekend up thier with the family back in 2004, nice place. Pretty sweet indoor pool amusement park, especially the huge toilet bowl thingy, makes feeling like a turd hella fun, haha.

*see Crawlin's avatar* :rolf