PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this?

Prince Valiant
02-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Upcoming dodge charger...predicted for 2006. This is from popular hotrodding magazine (sad thing is it only qualifies as a "maybe" :( )
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0404phr_dodge_01_z.jpg

Okay...so I don't think it looks as good as what was originally intended with the below charger...but I won't miss the 4 door aspects of the old either:
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0404phr_dodge_02_z.jpg

Combine that with some quotes about the hemi that they give (this is popular hotrodding...the classic SBC lovers)
The bottom line here we think is that even in today's world, the Hemi, a year after its introduction, has got more going for it as a hot rod motor than perhaps the small-block Chevy did in 1956. Even with the limitations on valve lift brought about by the stock rocker, the cylinder head has more than enough flow potential to clear the 600-hp barrier and probably do it (relatively speaking) with ease. So will it be a success? This depends on the factory as much as anything. First, they must put it in vehicles that inspire hot rodders to do something with them. The Hemi truck is a great start here as the sport truck market is big. Introducing a viable pony car to compete with the Mustang would probably clinch the deal in that department. But it will still need a little more than just the right vehicles. The factory will have to support this engine in aftermarket parts. This appears to be happening but as far as we are concerned, it can't happen fast enough. We're avid Chevy fans and have owned many Chevy vehicles over the years, but this 5.7 Hemi has totally convinced us our next truck just has to be a Hemi-powered Dodge. and the rest of the hemi teardown is here http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tech/0403phr_hemi/

Al
02-14-2004, 06:05 PM
Looks good...minus the two extra doors in the second photo.

Rocket Power
02-14-2004, 09:05 PM
The 2 doors nose is ugly IMO. But I think all the mopar front-ends have been ugly for the last few years.

Cryptic
02-14-2004, 10:03 PM
I'd pimp it. Them rims stock? :bling
The 2 door is hot

Prince Valiant
02-14-2004, 10:08 PM
the one up top is just a scale mock up...so I would imagine the real deal would look considerably different.

Max 93
02-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Rocket Power
The 2 doors nose is ugly IMO. But I think all the mopar front-ends have been ugly for the last few years.
I agree

Knyghtmare
02-15-2004, 02:40 PM
Is that what the Intrepid is gonna look like in 2006 too? Oh wait... this isnt GM.

02hawk796
02-15-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Knyghtmare
Is that what the Intrepid is gonna look like in 2006 too? Oh wait... this isnt GM.

Get it through your thick head - GM doesn't want to ever win a race again, so they did away with all GM pony cars.

That top pic is just the copy of that ME-4 or whatever they're calling it, right? With different styling? That ME-whaytever is on the cover of every car mag I saw on the rack this morn (except that one with the ugly Solstice on it, which said "buy me" when I was thinking "puke on me")
something like 850hp, V-12, right?

That bottom pic looks like they're trying to copy the LS1 Camaro.

Prince Valiant
02-15-2004, 03:41 PM
What it is, is an artist conception of the direction of the new dodge charger based on some inside information they've recieved (i was told) as well as using styling clues from both the old charger and the current "family lines" that they observe in current cars.

When the lower, 4 door pic cam out, softer shapes were the norm and coupes were dying left and right...however now with the sharper edges that one sees in current trends has changed the shape (in pop hot rods minds) and with the return of more sport coupes...this is how they feel the car may look.

WhiteZCamaro
02-15-2004, 04:02 PM
The second pic looks pretty cool i like except the 2 extra doors

PB86MCSS
02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
I think the prototype of a few years ago on the bottom looks better. More sleek. The top pic has no resemblence to a Charger, IMO. The main thing I want to see is affordability from these new performance cars. Not a 35k-40k car. Build a hi-po *sport coupe* for 25k-30k thats comparable price wise to the other mid size cars, IMO. Then add options to make the *best* package higher priced if the buyer wants, but have a cheaper base.

SMS 1
02-16-2004, 02:56 PM
I'd like to see it look something more like this :devil

Prince Valiant
02-16-2004, 03:00 PM
I don't think al sharpton nor jesse jackson would appreciate that version too much..."BOYCOTT!!!!":fire