PDA

View Full Version : I want a deal on a blackberry bold

Nick
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
And nobody seems to be willing to give me one! :mad:

Myles
02-05-2009, 05:31 PM
bold is :drool:

vzw is having a buy one get one on select blackberry devices.

DSMDuDE
02-05-2009, 05:36 PM
Someone give me a 8330 for sprint

Since sprint is gay and doesnt offer the bold or Apple blackberry iStorm that myles has

Myles
02-05-2009, 05:41 PM
its the Blackapple iStorm

95mustang302
02-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Nick, you try howard forums yet?

Goat Roper
02-05-2009, 10:48 PM
iPhone bitches

Nick
02-06-2009, 12:20 AM
Nick, you try howard forums yet?

Never heard of this.

Myles
02-06-2009, 08:08 AM
iPhone bitches

aids

jbiscuit
02-06-2009, 08:15 AM
iPhones are played out and overrated...even my 60 year old boss has one now!

xxtremeteam
02-06-2009, 08:32 AM
I have a blackberry curve AT&T is running a sale for 99.00 I heard yesterday on the radio?

Silver350
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Someone give me a 8330 for sprint

Since sprint is gay and doesnt offer the bold or Apple blackberry iStorm that myles has

I heard that Sprint may be coming out with the Blackberry Bold this year. :thumbsup I am waiting to get my hands on it and upgrade from my pearl.

I had to set up a curve for my plant manager yesterday I was trying to convince him to get the bold so I could play around with it. :D but he decided to get the cheaper phone

michelle
02-06-2009, 09:34 AM
I finally upgraded my old phone to an LG Voyager. I know I am a couple years late, but it's still pretty cool!

T-Bag
02-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Fuggin us cellualr never has the cool phones....oh well I still like my curve

Goat Roper
02-06-2009, 10:16 AM
iPhones are played out and overrated...even my 60 year old boss has one now!

But find another phone that can do as much, is reliable and has as big of a user base pushing innovation than the iPhone. The Storm was a rushed out version to compete with the iPhone's popularity and it shows in certain facets.

Remember, there is a reason why more manufacturers are making phones that look like an iPhone and want to do what an iPhone can do.

Myles
02-06-2009, 10:19 AM
But find another phone that can do as much, is reliable and has as big of a user base pushing innovation than the iPhone. The Storm was a rushed out version to compete with the iPhone's popularity and it shows in certain facets.

Remember, there is a reason why more manufacturers are making phones that look like an iPhone and want to do what an iPhone can do.

If having a phone that cant do multimedia messaging, unable to multitasking with programs, is inferior to the storm hardware wise, has a slow on screen keyboard but is a great MP3 player than sure, the iphone is awesome. Email sucks on the iphone, life sucks on the iphone, and there is a fuck ton of issues with the iphone at launch and they are still having issues with the 3g one. Cant download at 3g speeds? thats cause it just ******* cant.

DirtyMax
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
I went to buy the Storm last Saturday and left without it. Can't say I was impressed at all...

Myles
02-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Dont trust the display models, they have release day firmware on it.

Prince Valiant
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I just upgraded to a touch-tone phone.

DirtyMax
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
It was the live phone I would have been walking out with that the store just received in.

The device was very slow at recognizing vertical/horizontal turns. Didn't like the "floating touch screen" either (that had trouble written all over it). The qwerty keyboard in touch screen form was way more inaccurate than I would have liked as well. I was a factory certified phone tech and even to this day, I can uaually tell within 3 seconds if a phone is going to be a problem child down the road. I think this one is going to give people fits. Told my wife the same thing about the Moto ROKR and her and several other people who had to have it comment on how bad it sucks. The more stuff that moves on a phone, the more trouble you're asking for. That floating screen on the Storm is going to be its downfall IMO.

Myles
02-06-2009, 10:35 AM
It was the live phone I would have been walking out with that the store just received in.

The device was very slow at recognizing vertical/horizontal turns. Didn't like the "floating touch screen" either (that had trouble written all over it). The qwerty keyboard in touch screen form was way more inaccurate than I would have liked as well. I was a factory certified phone tech and even to this day, I can uaually tell within 3 seconds if a phone is going to be a problem child down the road. I think this one is going to give people fits.

sounds like stock firmware. keyboard on mine is accurate tho. Issues right now are currently software based.

DirtyMax
02-06-2009, 10:43 AM
The floating screen surface was my main concern. I hope I'm wrong.

Myles
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
The floating screen surface was my main concern. I hope I'm wrong.

i dont have any issues with mine, some people with launch day devices reported that shit gets under the screen and causes it to stop working. Other than that there has been little concern over the fact that it floats. Im too much of a die hard to care. If it breaks it breaks i get a new one and keep going. I have mine updated and its amazingly fast and no issues so far.

Rocket Power
02-06-2009, 12:48 PM
But an iphone can do this:stare
http://www.ilounge.com/images/uploads/bulletflight.jpg

http://www.italkmagazine.com/bulletflight/

Goat Roper
02-06-2009, 12:52 PM
If having a phone that cant do multimedia messaging, unable to multitasking with programs, is inferior to the storm hardware wise, has a slow on screen keyboard but is a great MP3 player than sure, the iphone is awesome. Email sucks on the iphone, life sucks on the iphone, and there is a fuck ton of issues with the iphone at launch and they are still having issues with the 3g one. Cant download at 3g speeds? thats cause it just ******* cant.

I can deal with no MMS, I send pictures via email quicker than mms. Hardware is nothing if you have a bad front end. Slow keyboard?

Email is great on the iPhone but keep in mind that the Blackberrys were built around email. I used a Blackberry in the late 90's and loved it for how quick and easy it was. But if all you care about it email then so be it, get a Blackberry. Business wise I can VPN to work and interface with my Unix and Windows server environments with ease.

Crying over the iPhone's dominance of the Storm by saying that "life sucks" with the iPhone doesn't help your argument. Problems with the 3G network? Not here. Fast and reliable.

This reads like most head-to-head reviews I have read;

It's clear from the device itself and the massive promotional push that both RIM and Verizon are giving the Storm that they view this as a proper threat to the iPhone's dominance in the smartphone market. Over the last few weeks we've been bombarded with commercials, leaks, press releases, and special events all celebrating the arrival of the Storm, both here and abroad. So it seems fairly obvious that yes, the companies believe they have a real contender on their hands -- and in many ways they do. The selling points are easy: the phone is gorgeous to look at and hold, it's designed and backed by RIM (now almost a household name thanks to their prevalence in the business and entertainment markets), and it's packed with features that, at first glance, make it seem not only as good as the iPhone, but better. The only hitch in this plan is a major one: it's not as easy, enjoyable, or consistent to use as the iPhone, and the one place where everyone is sure they have an upper hand -- that wow-inducing clickable screen -- just isn't all that great. For casual users, the learning curve and complexity of this phone will feel like an instant turn off, and for power users, the lack of a decent typing option and considerable lagginess in software will give them pause. RIM tried to strike some middle ground between form and function, and unfortunately came up short on both.

Going into this review, we really wanted to love this phone. On paper it sounds like the perfect antidote to our gripes about the iPhone, and in some ways it lives up to those promises -- but more often than not while using the Storm, we felt let down or frustrated. Ultimately, this could be a great platform with a little more time in the oven, but right now, it feels undercooked -- and that's not enough for us

Myles
02-06-2009, 01:22 PM
No one cares about your findings. Apple is garbage and no one should support them. THEY NEED OT ******* DIE STOP BUYING THEIR GARBAGE.

QUICK QUESTION! have you used a storm goat? and by use i mean sat with a week using one.

That_Guy
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
i have a nokia wi-fi phone.. i almost got the g4 google phone but it didnt have wi-fi on it.. in a year my next phone will be a crack berry

That_Guy
02-06-2009, 01:44 PM
No one cares about your findings. Apple is garbage and no one should support them. THEY NEED OT ******* DIE STOP BUYING THEIR GARBAGE.

QUICK QUESTION! have you used a storm goat? and by use i mean sat with a week using one.

apple went to verizon first and verizon told them to keep walking :rolf

Deggy
02-06-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm no phone expert by any means. But I had the original iPhone and now the 3G and I love this phone. Like Goat, I can live without the MMS, I also send pictures via email also. I have yet to mess around with the Storm except for when I was with a buddy at Verizon. So like Myles stated I was probably messing with release date firmware. I liked the phone for the most part, but I just couldn't see myself using a touch screen blackberry. I owned 2 Pearl's and I loved em both. As for the Storm, not so much. I love the iPhone and all it's capabilities. And as for the typing problems that the Blackberry tried to attack about the iPhone, I can type on mine just fine, most of the time without even looking. To each there own, this is an argument that will never be won.

DirtyMax
02-06-2009, 03:10 PM
But an iphone can do this:stare
http://www.ilounge.com/images/uploads/bulletflight.jpg

http://www.italkmagazine.com/bulletflight/

Holy Crap! That alone is worth the price of admission! :headbang

Yooformula
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
shit I am still using one of these things

http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/recycle/Cellphones_files/cell%20phone%20-%20first.bmp

Feature Pony
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM

The device was very slow at recognizing vertical/horizontal turns. Didn't like the "floating touch screen" either (that had trouble written all over it). The qwerty keyboard in touch screen form was way more inaccurate than I would have liked as well. I was a factory certified phone tech and even to this day, I can uaually tell within 3 seconds if a phone is going to be a problem child down the road. I think this one is going to give people fits. Told my wife the same thing about the Moto ROKR and her and several other people who had to have it comment on how bad it sucks. The more stuff that moves on a phone, the more trouble you're asking for. That floating screen on the Storm is going to be its downfall IMO.

x2 well you still got it, the more things that move on a cell phone ='s more problems. Wait didn't you tell me that 8 years ago.. LOL :thumbsup

Nick
02-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Still have not found a good price on a Bold. I wanna upgrade from my Curve. :(

It's not that important though. My curve is the most reliable phone I have ever had.

BoosTT
02-06-2009, 05:00 PM
iphone sucks. I was all ready to update my 2 year old htc 8525 to a g3 iphone, but couldn't, lol. My old ass phone is way more powerful then the iphone. There really was not a single thing the iphone did better then my old htc.

I really like all of htc's phones. They are not cheep, but awesome.

Trutildeathxxx
02-08-2009, 10:18 AM
i cant say enough about my curve. the only thing i believe is lacking is the gps kinda sucks on it.

DirtyMax
02-08-2009, 10:23 AM
i cant say enough about my curve. the only thing i believe is lacking is the gps kinda sucks on it.

I downloaded Google Maps for my Curve. It's OK but it doesn't have voice so you still have to look at it to see your next move....

MoCkiN U
02-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Verizon didnt deny the phone because it sucked. They denied a ideal, they didnt want to have apple have complete control of when they got the device or when or how the device was replaced.

Verizon likes to control their own product and be able to service in their stores which is a key to their service to the customer base. If we dont have it we ship to you BUT we dont like saying "its not on us ship it to them" and btw dont have one to use for two weeks.

The iphone is the first of its kind and carries dominance with it. If you can get past the short fallings you will love it. Personally I dont trust the service (cell phone part) of it so I am getting a touch to get the similar characteristics

As for the storm:
I messed with it for weeks and weeks now from launch until today. The first few days at launch I hated it. The screen was slow, the icons were slow to respond until they came out with software for it which is version .75 the screen rotation sped up but the icon responce was still slow. I gave up on it and said F it Ill stay with my curve even telling my local circuit peeps who wanted it to NOT buy it. I kept getting customer complaints on it over and over from other stores so I sat down with it to figure the whole thing out and found there are 3 settings under screen and keyboard that change the icon responce. Its critical to change these to make it more responsive.

I got this info out to our stores but one local store just wouldnt listen, they wouldnt do it soooooo their storm return rate is 30% higher than any other location. My dm had me spend a day there and 6 customers came in to return their storm and I showed them that setting and WHAT DO YA KNOW......they ALL kept it. THat was their major complaint! The same as mine, they just needed someone who had used the device show them how a few things worked.

I have since bought a storm for my own use and still have it now using it everyday and 6 of my circuit city people have them now too. Its a killer device. Its not a iphone killer as blackberry says it wasnt supposed to be............. it is a data phone killer as its the first of its kind and each update will make it better and better. Hell, the curve has been out over a year and a update loaded just last month for it

Deggy
02-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Blackberry claimed it wasn't an iPhone killer?

What about the commercial talking about the keyboard saying "it actually is typing the word you are trying to type."

anyone see that one?
I can't find it on youtube.com

88Nightmare
02-08-2009, 01:29 PM
I like my Palm Treo

Trutildeathxxx
02-08-2009, 02:13 PM
I downloaded Google Maps for my Curve. It's OK but it doesn't have voice so you still have to look at it to see your next move....

where did you download google maps from, i didn't see it on the apps list

MoCkiN U
02-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Blackberry claimed it wasn't an iPhone killer?

What about the commercial talking about the keyboard saying "it actually is typing the word you are trying to type."

anyone see that one?
I can't find it on youtube.com

Yeah, that commerical refers to all touch screen phones that do have a tendency to enter data wrong that dont have sure press. The iphone wasnt the first touch screen device but more importantly "most" data or pda phones on the market have touch screens on them and the storm with sure press tech was its first for blackberry.

They were very clear to us that is wasnt designed to be a iphone competitor but the public keeps going that way because of what the iphone was/is. Its a game changer in the tech world the same as playstation was to gaming systems so they wanted their phone to be the premier data device.

Here is your commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i1IDcGD0Yo

I have worked for so many different carriers in my 8 years I have no issues telling you who does what well. I'll be honest to the buyer, works for me in the end.

MoCkiN U
02-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Nick, its probably not worth the full retail price on that device especially since there isnt insurance available but that damn bold is cool as shit!! Its so much of the curve BUT BETTER!!!

Rocket Power
02-09-2009, 07:13 AM
shit I am still using one of these things

http://stlouis.missouri.org/citygov/recycle/Cellphones_files/cell%20phone%20-%20first.bmp

:rolf I saw a guy in waukesha a few years ago still using one in his car

Nick
02-09-2009, 09:30 AM
Nick, its probably not worth the full retail price on that device especially since there isnt insurance available but that damn bold is cool as shit!! Its so much of the curve BUT BETTER!!!

Yeah. Honestly I mean what can it do beyond the Curve? It has 3G, nice resolution... Not much more I don't think.

I'll probably hold off.

MoCkiN U
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
better camera, operating system is a bit smoother. nothing there to justify its high price but just a nice piece of equipment