PDA

View Full Version : ~ Check/Change your Furnace Air Filter ~

awsomeears
02-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Its about that time guys and gals to walk down in that cold, dirty, smelly and dark basement to check or change your air filter.

:thumbsup

- Brad -

lordairgtar
02-04-2009, 11:07 PM
I don't have a basement. For those of you who have wall base board electric heat, suck the dust off those with a vacuum every once in awhile for better efficiency and safety.

awsomeears
02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't have a basement. For those of you who have wall base board electric heat, suck the dust off those with a vacuum every once in awhile for better efficiency and safety.

Same with hot water systems, blow that dust out Y0!

:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
02-05-2009, 12:33 AM
already changed the filter in fall...

wrath
02-05-2009, 07:52 AM
already changed the filter in fall...

Probably should be changed more often than that. I used to change mine about every 5 weeks in the winter.

awsomeears
02-05-2009, 09:35 AM
Probably should be changed more often than that. I used to change mine about every 5 weeks in the winter.

He may have a 4" wide filter, but if he has anything less then that it should be changed sooner

xxsn0blindxx
02-05-2009, 09:05 PM
My heater has a huge filter 16x25 I think and 5 inches thick. It goes in place of a Honeywell electrostatic filter that is presumably no longer in commission. How often should I change it? I replaced it shortly after moving in in Oct and then again this past January. It didn't look very dirty and the damn things are like $25. Is there somewhere you can get them cheaper?

awsomeears
02-06-2009, 12:10 AM
My heater has a huge filter 16x25 I think and 5 inches thick. It goes in place of a Honeywell electrostatic filter that is presumably no longer in commission. How often should I change it? I replaced it shortly after moving in in Oct and then again this past January. It didn't look very dirty and the damn things are like $25. Is there somewhere you can get them cheaper?

Here is my take on your situation :thumbsup

Your 4" filter is good for one year assuming you take it outside and blow the dust out, make sure you go the correct way and not to jam it into the filter.

You should get one whole year by doing this :thumbsup

In the long run a 4" filter is way way cheaper then the POS 1" skinny filters, the 1" POS filter should be changed every 2 months no if and or butts.......

So with that said the 1" filters for a Decent one are $10 times that by 6 and well you can see $60 is a hell of a lot more then $25

So 4" filters FTW !!!

Hope this helps :D

xxsn0blindxx
02-06-2009, 07:47 AM
Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice.

awsomeears
02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice.

No problem man :thumbsup

sdb300zx
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Great advice!! I have hot water heat, love it a lot more then forced air. But one thing is, I am going to miss the A/C this summer.. :(