PDA

View Full Version : GSP is a cheater????

twirkin50
02-02-2009, 07:52 PM
You know I noticed this while watching the fight and made a comment about it, but didn't really think much of it after the fact. I still don't think it would have changed much in the outcome, but maybe.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/mma_experts/post/Did-GSP-s-corner-cheat-to-give-him-an-edge-?urn=mma,138156

UFC president Dana White also thought it was a serious violation:

"I saw the commission jump up there and flip out," said White. "They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think. I personally didn't see it, the commission did. And that's about as illegal as you can get... I'm sure the commission is going to deal (with it)."

GSP vs Penn Part III coming soon!!

95 TA - The Beast
02-02-2009, 11:11 PM
GSP vs Penn Part III coming soon!!

Umm, don't you mean Part II- The Rematch???

Honestly, the first round (the only one they aren't saying he did it) was hte only round Penn tried to use rubber-guard on GSP, and the rest were half-flaked attempts as Penn was so damn tired...

But yeah, they are even saying that it really isn't an 'issue' in the win, just that they want the trainer out because of it... Pretty damn petty overall... It was clear that GSP just was much stronger, had better conditioning and overall just picked apart Penn on every level...

Now, when are we going to see Anderson Silva vs GSP??? :devil

Yooformula
02-02-2009, 11:56 PM
ref wiped him off and vaseline no matter how much would stop those punches and takes downs. agreed though that corner man probably shouldnt be back.

http://api.ning.com/files/793bqd7P0qA*LXsNWm1n2xMpW7yY1eSkB3bBo-v4ymKX-FEcXpny7JXW7z2AqXSPr*cnJPSJ24LOTu7C3XrBl12x*gtXktm f/Cheatscamcaught.gif

badass88gt
02-03-2009, 05:09 AM
Sounds like sore loser-ship to me. Didnt really seem to be a big deal to me, its not like GSP was getting rubbed down and coated with it, and it was taken care of. I have a very hard time believing the Vaseline had any bearing on the outcome of the match.

twirkin50
02-03-2009, 06:18 AM
Now, when are we going to see Anderson Silva vs GSP??? :devil

That is what I think we all want to see!! :thumbsup

Z28Envy
02-03-2009, 06:27 AM
It would be a fun fight to watch but I don't think gsp can stand with silva. I like them both a lot but would be cheering for silva.

Lash
02-03-2009, 03:32 PM
That is what I think we all want to see!! :thumbsup

December '09 is what they've been saying

Yooformula
02-03-2009, 06:31 PM
man that fight would be awesome. I dont know who I would root for there. Both beat up on my favorite fighters(Hughes and Franklin).

Lash
02-03-2009, 09:59 PM
I dont know who I would root for there.

Me either :goof

:rolf

:thumbsup

:headbang

twirkin50
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Silva of course.

94greenbandit
02-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Could either one of them make it to eithers weight class without sacrificing too much

twirkin50
02-04-2009, 06:20 AM
I think Silva could cut to 170 and still do just fine.

Yooformula
02-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I am not too sure about AS dropping a weight class into GSP's. GSP is a very big and strong 170 and not to mention fast, AS would have to open it up in the first round to go distance with GSP imo. Skillwise, I do think AS would take him apart little by little its just the weight issue imo since gsp would be in his ideal condition.

twirkin50
02-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Yeah, they say Silva's everyday weight is around 205-210, so cutting to 170 would be a stretch. I think he is up to the challenge. Like Dana White was saying in the press conference, Anderson Silva has walked through all of his opponents.

95 TA - The Beast
02-04-2009, 09:43 AM
There is no way that ***** AS would ever cut to 170 to fight someone... I mean c'mon someone who wants to retire from the UFC after only a coupel years being champ undefeated, what kind of totally fucked up BS is that?

I mean I can see if he has been champ for 4+ years like some previous fighters, then retire if they can't give you someone who is a challenge, but the way it has been 3 of his fights were against ******' Rich Franklin, what a joke... I can see if he fought a TON of guys while champ (getting to be champ doesn't count), then retire if it gets old in the tooth, but as it is he is being a ****** cockbag that he wantsto retire in only a couple years... He just wants to retire undefeated as champ that is all... ie, he wants his place in history, where-as if he wins the next year or so, then gets beat, he is locked in for anotehr 2-3 years to win again, defend the loss, then stay on top a while, all the while risking getting older and past his prime, which would make it harder and harder to be 'the champ'...

If he can cut weight like that and keep it up, f-it, make him figth at 205 as his class... Good luck winning the belt and keeping it... GSP even said to go up to 185 he would have to actually gain weight as he walks around at 170 all the time and it would take some effort to pack on muscle mass to get him to 185...

Don't get me wrong, AS is a very likeable guy, but I think he is something of a bitch to cut 20-30lbs to get to his class... Just because he is conditioned since a kid to cut weight does not mean that isn't where he should be fighting at... Honestly, they should do weigh-ins just before the fight, if you are too far out of your class then you can't fight in it... Would have solved a bunch of weight-class issues from a lot of fighters in the past...

But again, look, everyone said Liddell was top dog and he became just another beat-up chump, same with Cotoure, Hughes, Penn, etc, etc... The sport is evolving more and more and AS is the flavor of the week because of his tactics, just like Liddell, and once the other fighters start 'getting his number' down he will be picked off... Look at Hughes, he was the best pound-for-pound for a while and the latest fighters have been walking through him, thus he retired... He still is as good as he was, just that the new talent IS that much better... Point blank fact is that if AS retires early he is being a totally ******* little bitch...

Also, Dana White is such a cockbag, as he basically is counting the Matt Serra defeat for GSP as some sort of huge knock against GSP... C'mon ANYONE can get caught any day of the week, and that is exactly what AS is worried about, he'll get caught and not be able to pull the 'retire undefeated' BS... Key point is that GSP has beat more 'legendary' figthers they thought were unbeatable... AS has been given chump after chump (Franklin, ****** Irving, Marquardt, Horn, Lutter, even ****** Cote, who is no-where near GSP), I mean in the UFC it was Leben, the Franklin, the ****** Lutter, then Marquardt, Franklin again, Henderson... I mean c'mon he is skill, but also a TON of hype... Hell he has only been fighting in the UFC for 2.5 years TOTAL... He got a title shot after only ONE fight!!! And that was against ****** Leben (back when Leben was still a REAL headcase)...

I firmly believe that GSP would destroy AS at 170, not a single doubt there, even at 185 I think GSP has a real chance... But any way you look at it if AS was fighting at 205 he wouldn't be walking through guys... And they only gave him Irving to fight at 205 as a sacrificial lamb to shut up those that wanted to see AS fight at 205... There was a TON of MUCH better fighters that should have had a chance to go with AS at 205, but Dana White is such a ****** ***** he only cares about riding the dollar train and to do that you keep AS on top...

Lash
02-04-2009, 04:55 PM
There is no way that ***** AS would ever cut to 170 to fight someone... I mean c'mon someone who wants to retire from the UFC after only a coupel years being champ undefeated, what kind of totally fucked up BS is that?

I mean I can see if he has been champ for 4+ years like some previous fighters, then retire if they can't give you someone who is a challenge, but the way it has been 3 of his fights were against ******' Rich Franklin, what a joke... I can see if he fought a TON of guys while champ (getting to be champ doesn't count), then retire if it gets old in the tooth, but as it is he is being a ****** cockbag that he wantsto retire in only a couple years... He just wants to retire undefeated as champ that is all... ie, he wants his place in history, where-as if he wins the next year or so, then gets beat, he is locked in for anotehr 2-3 years to win again, defend the loss, then stay on top a while, all the while risking getting older and past his prime, which would make it harder and harder to be 'the champ'...

If he can cut weight like that and keep it up, f-it, make him figth at 205 as his class... Good luck winning the belt and keeping it... GSP even said to go up to 185 he would have to actually gain weight as he walks around at 170 all the time and it would take some effort to pack on muscle mass to get him to 185...

Don't get me wrong, AS is a very likeable guy, but I think he is something of a bitch to cut 20-30lbs to get to his class... Just because he is conditioned since a kid to cut weight does not mean that isn't where he should be fighting at... Honestly, they should do weigh-ins just before the fight, if you are too far out of your class then you can't fight in it... Would have solved a bunch of weight-class issues from a lot of fighters in the past...

But again, look, everyone said Liddell was top dog and he became just another beat-up chump, same with Cotoure, Hughes, Penn, etc, etc... The sport is evolving more and more and AS is the flavor of the week because of his tactics, just like Liddell, and once the other fighters start 'getting his number' down he will be picked off... Look at Hughes, he was the best pound-for-pound for a while and the latest fighters have been walking through him, thus he retired... He still is as good as he was, just that the new talent IS that much better... Point blank fact is that if AS retires early he is being a totally ******* little bitch...

Also, Dana White is such a cockbag, as he basically is counting the Matt Serra defeat for GSP as some sort of huge knock against GSP... C'mon ANYONE can get caught any day of the week, and that is exactly what AS is worried about, he'll get caught and not be able to pull the 'retire undefeated' BS... Key point is that GSP has beat more 'legendary' figthers they thought were unbeatable... AS has been given chump after chump (Franklin, ****** Irving, Marquardt, Horn, Lutter, even ****** Cote, who is no-where near GSP), I mean in the UFC it was Leben, the Franklin, the ****** Lutter, then Marquardt, Franklin again, Henderson... I mean c'mon he is skill, but also a TON of hype... Hell he has only been fighting in the UFC for 2.5 years TOTAL... He got a title shot after only ONE fight!!! And that was against ****** Leben (back when Leben was still a REAL headcase)...

I firmly believe that GSP would destroy AS at 170, not a single doubt there, even at 185 I think GSP has a real chance... But any way you look at it if AS was fighting at 205 he wouldn't be walking through guys... And they only gave him Irving to fight at 205 as a sacrificial lamb to shut up those that wanted to see AS fight at 205... There was a TON of MUCH better fighters that should have had a chance to go with AS at 205, but Dana White is such a ****** ***** he only cares about riding the dollar train and to do that you keep AS on top...

You sound like an idiot.
:rolleyes:

I don't have enough time to explain all the shit that is wrong with your thinking. BTW....AS only fought Rich twice. Plus...AS does not want to retire completely from fighting all together. He has great interest in kickboxing and Boxing. Besides, so what if he does want to call it quits.....he been fighing for 9 effing years with 6 different organizations. Not everybody wants to fight until they're 40 like some other idiots we know.

twirkin50
02-04-2009, 08:58 PM
You sound like an idiot.
:rolleyes:

I don't have enough time to explain all the shit that is wrong with your thinking.

:thumbsup

My thoughts were the same, I didn't even want to continue reading after the first few lines.....

Exitspeed
02-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Did you guys see this?

Sucks.
http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/120895-any-mma-fans-here-192.html#post2653329

twicks69
02-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Good vid, bad for GSP.

Maybe they should punish him and put a "tacking" agent on him instead, causing BJ Penn to never let go and then crush GSP.

Yooformula
02-24-2009, 09:41 PM
wow that video sucks! Sucks that GSP did that although I still think he would have beat BJ into tomorrow. I have no respect for the whiny babies coming out now to complain but I lost alot more respect for GSP having used vaseline. And DAMM was that a big wad of vaseline his cornerman was about to lube him up with.

badass88gt
02-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Has GSP responded to any of this?

95 TA - The Beast
02-25-2009, 01:30 AM
wow that video sucks! Sucks that GSP did that although I still think he would have beat BJ into tomorrow. I have no respect for the whiny babies coming out now to complain but I lost alot more respect for GSP having used vaseline. And DAMM was that a big wad of vaseline his cornerman was about to lube him up with.

That wasn't a wad of vaseline, look at the video again, that was the vaseline jar itself!

This is just whiney BS... And ****** comments from that douche Hughes is laughable... :rolf

Yooformula
02-25-2009, 01:47 AM
I saw the bottle but there was a part when the guy had a wad he was about to put on then stuffed in his pocket.

95 TA - The Beast
02-25-2009, 02:06 AM
I saw the bottle but there was a part when the guy had a wad he was about to put on then stuffed in his pocket.

Yes, that was the vaseline container he put in his pocket, not a wad... it was just the angle of the top that throws the visual off... They even zoom into it in teh video posted and you can see the blue top...

Exitspeed
02-25-2009, 07:46 AM

That's how I feel too. I'm more just mad that it's tarnishing GSP's rep because I think he coulda easily beat Penn anyway. I think the SPORT needs to see a rematch sooner then later.

94greenbandit
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Has Dana made any official comments about this

Car Guy
02-25-2009, 12:42 PM
I am guessing it will be swept under the rug for now with a possible rematch in the future; it's sure a great story line to build upon.....

Yooformula
02-25-2009, 02:02 PM

gotta get BJ's **** out of his mouth first...

Exitspeed
02-25-2009, 03:11 PM

gotta get BJ's **** out of his mouth first...

Yep...

http://zilvia.net/f/off-topic-chat/120895-any-mma-fans-here-192.html#post2659584

94greenbandit
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I like that last comment that Dana said BJ should stay at 155