PDA

View Full Version : For all the 4X4 guys. Cheap tires maybe????

Swags63
02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
I found this web site http://treadwright.com while looking for tires for my truck. I have read some of their customer reviews and they seem pretty good. I have also read some reviews from other web truck and 4X4 web sites who also seem to like them. What is your guys opinion??:confused:confused:punch:

pashtrd
02-02-2009, 11:44 AM
I have them on 2 trucks.
I have the 35" D muds on my 2001 Ram, and 31's on my 1991 Nissan. they are an awesome tire at a great price.
Shipping runs $15-$20 per tire to this area. I plow with my Ram, as well as play in the mud on occasion. They are load on the highway, but give great traction, even when it's wet. Dont be afraid of retreads!! BTW the warranty kicks @ss. I had a sidewall issue on one of mine, started having a slow leak. It was on the truck for 3 months. They sent me a new one, even covered the shipping charges, and i got to keep the old one. They did not want it back.
Treadwright FTMFW

GRNDNL
02-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I found this web site http://treadwright.com while looking for tires for my truck. I have read some of their customer reviews and they seem pretty good. I have also read some reviews from other web truck and 4X4 web sites who also seem to like them. What is your guys opinion??:confused:confused:punch:

I put a set of mud/snows with the walnut shells on the Excursion last fall, they are loud as hell but work really good in the snow. They are really soft, don't think they would last 20,000 miles if we ran them all year round. Took two weeks to get them, I think it was about $370 for 4 delivered. I'm just using them as winter tires, I wouldn't tow a heavy trailer in the summer heat with a recap tire...........

Monstr913
02-02-2009, 01:04 PM
wait these are retreads? thought you can't run them as steer tires?

GRNDNL
02-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Retreads they are........They're fine on a passenger car/truck.

Korndogg
02-02-2009, 01:35 PM
ill never drive on a retread. I know a guy that died in Illinois because he had them on his GN. They blew up on him on the freeway.

pashtrd
02-02-2009, 02:09 PM
ill never drive on a retread. I know a guy that died in Illinois because he had them on his GN. They blew up on him on the freeway.

And the reason they blew was because they are retreads?:confused
How can you be so sure?

Are you saying retreads are the only tires that blow out on the freeway?

were they properly inflated?
Did he run over something?
Blanket statements FTL

Retreads are lightyears better than they were in the past. I run them on my DD with my family in the truck with me. I have taken 1,000 mile roadtrips with them, and have never had an issue. I will be going to NC this month with my truck, my wife and kids, and i have no ill feelings about the retreads.

SmokinRAM114
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
damn y they all out of stock? i should see how they hold to say a 1,000ft lbs pulling a eliminator 300ft:)

Korndogg
02-02-2009, 04:11 PM
And the reason they blew was because they are retreads?:confused
How can you be so sure?

Are you saying retreads are the only tires that blow out on the freeway?

were they properly inflated?
Did he run over something?
Blanket statements FTL

Retreads are lightyears better than they were in the past. I run them on my DD with my family in the truck with me. I have taken 1,000 mile roadtrips with them, and have never had an issue. I will be going to NC this month with my truck, my wife and kids, and i have no ill feelings about the retreads.

lol thats fine. I just said that I wouldn't drive on them because of that. Don't get all defensive like you invented them or something.

lordairgtar
02-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Most of the over the road trucks have retreads on them. The only trouble with those are using them beyond their speed rating or weight rating. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Goat Roper
02-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Dayton Timberline A/T on the Suburban, great tire and cheap. A sister tire to BFGoodrich. Can be found at TiresPlus for sure.

Korndogg
02-02-2009, 05:51 PM
yeah i know most over the road vehicles have them. its cheaper.

GRAMPS SS
02-02-2009, 07:08 PM
yeah i know most over the road vehicles have them. its cheaper.

isn't that what you see on the side of the road when they shed there skin...and hit your freaking car...

Russ Jerome
02-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Retreads have there merits, while running the alignment
shop for Pomps I was able to watch the process first hand.

The failures on truck tires you see on the freeway usualy
are do to underinflation for a puncture, impossible to
monitor on a dual application when you drive 10hrs
strait without a stop. If you have ever seen a retread from
its new state you would be conviced they are strong.

The flipside is a good friend of mine who lost his RR tire
on his F-350 4x4 single wheel, the tread wrapped so
tightly around the e-brake cable he skidded to a hault at
65mph with his wife and child in the truck, all ok but the
state patrol man who actual witnessed the long skid said
it was a very impressive driving on his part.

Pros and cons aside I would run modern retreads but I
would monitor my tire pressures often, something few
people do even with new tires nomatter what they say.

Another down side is weight, retreads are usualy a lot
heavier, unsprung mass makes for a rougher ride no
matter the treads softness, weight equals harsh ride.
Not sure if if these tires use heavy treads or not?

Monstr913
02-03-2009, 02:48 AM
come on Chris dodges don't pull 300 feet. lol