PDA

View Full Version : power adders

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
what power adder would you have? and would it be carb or efi.

I have both a twin turbo car that is efi and a procharge car that is blow threw.

I love the power of the procharger no waiting, but man does that turbo car pull hard. so I would have to say turbo car. with efi

Mr Twigbert
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Turbo is free power so it is hard to beat that..

Inspector13
02-02-2009, 10:03 AM
I run nitrous on an EFI car and that is pretty fun.

So I'd say an EFI stroker motor on spray. :banana1:

twicks69
02-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Turbo EFI for me.

Otherwise, twin-charged EFI would be fun for the best of all worlds.

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Turbo's arent exactly free power...

76mm's of PTE stuffing my EFI LSx with pressurized atmosphere here.

I wouldnt do it any other way out of all the combo's i had.

xxtremeteam
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
well for my mustang I would love a stroker with a supercharger and EFI but I do not have a money tree so its just a dream

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 10:23 AM
well for my mustang I would love a stroker with a supercharger and EFI but I do not have a money tree so its just a dream
MY mailibu engine was a 421 cid and when I sent it to kenn duttweiler he said the less cubes the better forced air works so no it is a 293. with a f2

xxtremeteam
02-02-2009, 10:25 AM
I was thinking somewhere in the 331 range and a blower but this will not happen

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I was thinking somewhere in the 331 range and a blower but this will not happen

one day this can happen never say never. buy parts a little at a time.

Crawlin
02-02-2009, 10:38 AM
MY mailibu engine was a 421 cid and when I sent it to kenn duttweiler he said the less cubes the better forced air works so no it is a 293. with a f2

is that why those outlaw drag radial cars have small engines... oh wait...

Carb'd LSx on Nitrous ;)

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
[quote=Crawlin;497867]is that why those outlaw drag radial cars have small engines... oh wait...

I really have no idea. I do know that kenny duttweiler is the man for forced induction, and when I sent him my engine I told him to do what you do, no questions from me and i dont care what it cost. I had this enginge out of my bu 3 times last summer and never made a full pass. I will never have a engine built in wisconsin again. This is the 4th enginge kenny has done for me and I have never had a problem and they last forever. (so far)

nismodave
02-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Supercharger Spooling turbos.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1020811.jpg

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Supercharger Spooling turbos.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1020811.jpg i don't care who you are no thats cool:headbang

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Is that some kinda "2jz, no shit" motor? I think that can take the cake as "too much CFM" A rolls royce Trent engine aint got shit on that mother.

0TransAm0
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
i don't have a power adder yet... but i would like to toss a maggi on top of my ls1. one of these days...one of these days...

Voodoo Chick
02-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Big-ass supercharger for sure.

Mr Twigbert
02-02-2009, 12:04 PM
What ever power adder I can afford is the best one for me..

If I could afford a TT setup then I would do it.. But, for now the the lil'ol P1SC will do..

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 01:19 PM

This seems kind of odd, I think boost works great with 400ci. :D

I agree with Tom also! Out of all the setups I have had, the turbo takes the cake for me. (With a carb of course!)

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
This seems kind of odd, I think boost works great with 400ci. :D

I agree with Tom also! Out of all the setups I have had, the turbo takes the cake for me. (With a carb of course!)
you are right boost did work great on the 400, but works better on a smaller cube engine. If you want to call kenny and tell him he is wrong go for it im not.

The way he explaned it is if you have a turbo that flows 700cfms of air and you have a bore of 4 inch or 3 inch it will make more power and pressure in the smaller one. and i am probley wrong on how i am explaing this.

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 01:37 PM
you are right boost did work great on the 400, but works better on a smaller cube engine. If you want to call kenny and tell him he is wrong go for it im not.

The way he explaned it is if you have a turbo that flows 700cfms of air and you have a bore of 4 inch or 3 inch it will make more power and pressure in the smaller one. and i am probley wrong on how i am explaing this.

That makes sence. After the mixture is lit, the pressure wave pushes the cylinder down the bore, the pressure on the piston will not drop out as soon nor as fast because of less space to expand into with the smaller bore. keeping the cyl pressure as high as possible through as much of the downward travel will increase the leverage on the crank through the rod and make more torque/power.

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 01:46 PM

I am not trying to call you or him wrong, it just seems a bit odd. Seems a lot of the top racers today are using big cubes, upwards of 400ci, and gettin' r dun. (Unless of course a class has a ci max)

If it works for you, then more power to ya! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
IMO 400 CI or less is not considered BIG hahah But whatever it is about having it right around that 400 ci goes together like peanut butter and jelly for FI cars.

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 01:57 PM
IMO 400 CI or less is not considered BIG hahah But whatever it is about having it right around that 400 ci goes together like peanut butter and jelly for FI cars.

Compared to 300ci it is a lot bigger, that was my point. ;)

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 02:02 PM
kenny's car is going 6.20s with a twin turbo 293 cid sbc he can build what ever he wants/ I with my pictures would fit to down load i have some cool ones of is builds.

dont get me wrong about my shit i was suprised too. Its a 293, bryant crank, oliver rods, cp or ce pistons, bulliet cam, brodox 18 degree heads spred port, jesel pro shaft rocker arms, and a f2 pro charger this thing should rock:flipoff2:

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Maybe its the rpm spinning potential of tiny cubes that make it work? From my own experience i upped mine 20ci to 364 and it was night and day diff on the same boost. Again nearing twoard that magic 400 mark haha

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Maybe its the rpm spinning potential of tiny cubes that make it work? From my own experience i upped mine 20ci to 364 and it was night and day diff on the same boost. Again nearing twoard that magic 400 mark haha
you might be right. Look at smokdu car its a 347 with a f2 that thing went 8.4 thats hauling the mail that is a smaller supercharger than the t-bird and 200 cubes less. grant it thet-bird was .5 sec faster.

Crawlin
02-02-2009, 02:41 PM
and pump gas vs c16

and 18lbs of boost vs 30lbs

LOTS of differentials in that comparison

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 02:46 PM
and pump gas vs c16

and 18lbs of boost vs 30lbs

LOTS of differentials in that comparison
and back yard built junk to steve morris racing, and unsafe car that does not go stright stock susp. to metz performance ladder bar car, and mark is to cheep to run c16, we an go all day

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 02:53 PM
kenny's car is going 6.20s with a twin turbo 293 cid sbc he can build what ever he wants/ I with my pictures would fit to down load i have some cool ones of is builds.

dont get me wrong about my shit i was suprised too. Its a 293, bryant crank, oliver rods, cp or ce pistons, bulliet cam, brodox 18 degree heads spred port, jesel pro shaft rocker arms, and a f2 pro charger this thing should rock:flipoff2:

Are you flipping me off? :confused

Sounds like a solid combo, good luck!

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
Are Mark's and Jim's cars seriously being compared here?

Mmmmkay! :thumbsup

juicedimpss
02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Are Mark's and Jim's cars seriously being compared here?

Mmmmkay! :thumbsup

lol,im sure he didnt mean t that way.

Crawlin
02-02-2009, 03:29 PM
and back yard built junk to steve morris racing, and unsafe car that does not go stright stock susp. to metz performance ladder bar car, and mark is to cheep to run c16, we an go all day

I'M NOT SAYING IT'S ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE...

JUST SAYING IT'S NOT A GOOD COMPARISON.

it's like saying that dude's Imp is going the same e.t. on a small 275 drag radial in a 1000lb heavier car on a shot vs. mark's big bad blown lightweight fox body car and a newer 4link design vs. some old 60's suspension technology.

comparisons just can't be made :)

juicedimpss
02-02-2009, 03:43 PM
I'M NOT SAYING IT'S ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE...

JUST SAYING IT'S NOT A GOOD COMPARISON.

it's like saying that dude's Imp is going the same e.t. on a small 275 drag radial in a 1000lb heavier car on a shot vs. mark's big bad blown lightweight fox body car and a newer 4link design vs. some old 60's suspension technology.

comparisons just can't be made :)

ohhhhhhhhhhhh my.

uh,yeah.

nismodave
02-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Does it really matter how someone goes fast, unless they are in a structured class?

BOSS LX
02-02-2009, 03:49 PM
WOW!

kenny is wrong!

BOSS LX
02-02-2009, 03:54 PM
you might be right. Look at smokdu car its a 347 with a f2 that thing went 8.4 thats hauling the mail that is a smaller supercharger than the t-bird and 200 cubes less. grant it thet-bird was .5 sec faster.

The major difference is that Jims car went fast more then once!:rolf

So in your theory, Jim's T Bird could go faster with 300 less cubic inches on pump gas?

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
WOW!

kenny is wrong!

Wow, talk about blunt! I was trying to be subtle.....:rolf :rolf :thumbsup

FourEyedFord
02-02-2009, 04:09 PM
The major difference is that Jims car went fast more then once!:rolf

So in your theory, Jim's T Bird could go faster with 300 less cubic inches on pump gas?

:wooo :wooo

70 cutlass 442
02-02-2009, 04:10 PM
I love my spray..... i have a turbo setup that i am peicing togeather..... but spray just hits sooo hard on the street..... any any nay-sayers about spray are fags, and most of them have a N/A car anyways..

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 04:12 PM
spray is cool no doubt, but a proper tuned/built turbo car pulls like a spray hit all the time and each gear feels better and better. i had a 200 shot on my car and that feeling faded once into some higher rpm's the turbo yanks all the way to red line.

70 cutlass 442
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
/\/\ you are 100% correct..... but in reality there arnt to many properly tuned or setup turbo cars running around.....

juicedimpss
02-02-2009, 04:23 PM
spray is cool no doubt, but a proper tuned/built turbo car pulls like a spray hit all the time and each gear feels better and better. i had a 200 shot on my car and that feeling faded once into some higher rpm's the turbo yanks all the way to red line.

i agree with that.a light shot does feel like it falls off on the top of the track

Breecher_7
02-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Turbo or twin screw blower, both are fun as hell to drive.

scaleracer
02-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I would like to add what is the cheapest/best route to go?? They all have pros and cons but discuss..

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
i will add that the turbo cars are a bit more... whats the word... peaky? like the boost comes on all at once and its hard to modulate that to keep the tires on it. where a PD blower or a centri you can pedal it to a degree, spray... well its on or off too, usually resulting in technicolor intake removal too with pedaling hahah.

PureSound15
02-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't know that there is a cheaper or a best. Real cheap could be a nitrous set up ... best would be a combination of your choice.

I'm a turbo fan... something about that sound and feeling is incredibly addicting.

BAD LS1
02-02-2009, 04:46 PM
nitrous is cheaper by far initial investment, but if you wanna go big, your gonna pay for the all the parts to support the shot wanted and bottles go empty FAST on big shots and are 40-50 to fill each time.

Smokey1226
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
screw that, give me a big block NA and ill keep up with most.

DR.FORD
02-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I do not believe I could have made 1800HP on pump gas and supercharger with a small engine, neither does Morris-that is why his best combos with a Procharger are 572" Chevrolets. My 572" Ford just out-performed his comparible Chevys. Call it dumb luck because no one has done it before? The winner of the Dynomax PTTW competition was a 600" Ford with twin turbos- on Amoco 93 octane and a very basic tune.
And for the comparers, my junk is 3600 with driver.
Another thing, do you REALLY think with the knowledge and parts available that a ladder bar car has an advantage over a stock-style fox body suspension that has been "worked on"? I'll let you know first hand, but I think not!!
Then again, I don't live for this-I consider this fun!
You all have really cool stuff capable of more.
I guess my motto is I did well not thinking about other peoples cars, instead I thought about doing the best with mine. Nothing worse than losing the fight before you enter the ring!

Dr.Buick
02-02-2009, 09:15 PM
this got way off line

DR.FORD
02-02-2009, 09:18 PM
i will add that the turbo cars are a bit more... whats the word... peaky? like the boost comes on all at once and its hard to modulate that to keep the tires on it. where a PD blower or a centri you can pedal it to a degree, spray... well its on or off too, usually resulting in technicolor intake removal too with pedaling hahah.

OOOHHH-pedalling BAAAD!! There will be NO pedalling:headbang
Like Metz saya, "spend more time under the car than behind a laptop"!!

BTW Don't tell Hance that big engines don't make as much power!!

Reverend Cooper
02-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Mr. T likes dem blowa's

DR.FORD
02-02-2009, 09:24 PM
this got way off line

Oh, sorry! I think everyone knows what I have, and I choose to make the best of it because every combo has strong and weak points. Lets see you not respond to people talking about your car. I like to clear the air before it gets out of hand. Looking forward to seeing your X- sounds nice!

Reverend Cooper
02-02-2009, 09:31 PM
I for one think jims car looks ******* awesome and runs fast as shit,if your gonna go fast you gotta look good doing it. His car accomplishes both.

sloLs1
02-02-2009, 09:39 PM
ive been through them all... N/A, blower, nitrous, and turbo.... they all have their own perks. It really depends what your looking to do, Daily driver, weekend worrier, or straight up drag car... usually you can accomplish all those with a turbo!!! BUT what do i know, i drive a friggin saturn!

scottie K
02-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Iv been a nitrous freak for long time,,, but Id rather be forced induced ... ..... it dont matter ...I think if you have enough experence on what ever set up you can make it fast!!

70 cutlass 442
02-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I would like to add what is the cheapest/best route to go?? They all have pros and cons but discuss..

Welll. Spray is cheap up front... and for a small hit on a daily driver or just somehting fun on the street on a street car that would be the best dollar for dollar HP investment..... I had $350 into my whole wet nitorus kit, and about $50 to fill the bottle... the bottle would last me between paychecks so it worked out... but i only sprayed when i had to... you wanna go fast then hands down forced induction..... but then you are talking a ton of up front investiment.

HY35F2T
02-02-2009, 10:40 PM
E85

lol.

WilliamZ
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I liked Nitrous but it's gets expensive going through a bottle every weekend. I don't have any power adders on my current cars but someday the Z will have a TT setup.

scaleracer
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Welll. Spray is cheap up front... and for a small hit on a daily driver or just somehting fun on the street on a street car that would be the best dollar for dollar HP investment..... I had $350 into my whole wet nitorus kit, and about $50 to fill the bottle... the bottle would last me between paychecks so it worked out... but i only sprayed when i had to... you wanna go fast then hands down forced induction..... but then you are talking a ton of up front investiment.

That's how I looked at it plus if you have to build the motor more for spray.. We were gonna get a kit for our Mustang but decided against it because of always having to fill bottles and you would have to have more than one.. But all of it costs a good chunk of change and since we're budget racing it won't have anything for awhile..

HY35F2T
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
That's how I looked at it plus if you have to build the motor more for spray.. We were gonna get a kit for our Mustang but decided against it because of always having to fill bottles and you would have to have more than one.. But all of it costs a good chunk of change and since we're budget racing it won't have anything for awhile..

lol sig.

run a 200shot 302 can take it.not like its got cast pistons.

FourEyedFord
02-03-2009, 01:00 AM

Having a good boost controller makes ALL the difference! Trying to take a limited tire turbo car down the track with a manual boost controller is nearly impossible. (10 second ET and faster cars)

I have the AMS 1000 on my car, and it uses 6 stages of gate pressures that you preset to control the hit and get the car down the track (Using either manifold pressure or CO2 to the top of the wastegate actuator). You can control how long each stage lasts down to .01 seconds, and even the rate at which the pressure is applied in each timed stage. I think you should hook one up in your car Tom, and cure those traction issues! :3gears:

FourEyedFord
02-03-2009, 01:04 AM
The winner of the Dynomax PTTW competition was a 600" Ford with twin turbos- on Amoco 93 octane and a very basic tune.

Come on Jim what does that tell ya! TWINS baby, you know you want to!!!
You'll be saying Poooooorcharger what!?!?! :D :D :D

Sprayaway Fox
02-03-2009, 01:12 AM
My TT 5HP briggs engine would of stomped on everybody at the dyno challenge. Since its smaller cubes:rolfWTF?! It all comes down to how the setup is matched together and what strippers you can take home anywayz.

juicedimpss
02-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I do not believe I could have made 1800HP on pump gas and supercharger with a small engine, neither does Morris-that is why his best combos with a Procharger are 572" Chevrolets. My 572" Ford just out-performed his comparible Chevys. Call it dumb luck because no one has done it before? The winner of the Dynomax PTTW competition was a 600" Ford with twin turbos- on Amoco 93 octane and a very basic tune.

hmmm......almost like having 2 LARGE bore 300 ci single turbo engines.

BAD LS1
02-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Having a good boost controller makes ALL the difference! Trying to take a limited tire turbo car down the track with a manual boost controller is nearly impossible. (10 second ET and faster cars)

I have the AMS 1000 on my car, and it uses 6 stages of gate pressures that you preset to control the hit and get the car down the track (Using either manifold pressure or CO2 to the top of the wastegate actuator). You can control how long each stage lasts down to .01 seconds, and even the rate at which the pressure is applied in each timed stage. I think you should hook one up in your car Tom, and cure those traction issues! :3gears:

Going from a manual controller to an electronic one so far made a huge driveabilty difference, pretty much spools with my foot on the street and has torque out of boost now. so something was goofy with how that manual jobber worked. It has similar features with controlling how fast it comes on but its not as fancy as the one you described.

Waver
02-03-2009, 09:44 AM
this is my ideal setup, and I would like to do this one day (had the bottom end and the heads, but I sold it) 351 dart block, 4 bolt cleveland main, 9.5 deck height, dart heads, bored over .40, 4.10 crank, eagle rotating assembly, fuel injected, trick flow r intake with a 90mm tb, with a twin 76mm turbo set up asnd a 100 shot of spray to help spool it up.....

This might not work out at all, and I think my math might be a little off but a 428 tt setup with spray would be cool.

DR.FORD
02-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Come on Jim what does that tell ya! TWINS baby, you know you want to!!!
You'll be saying Poooooorcharger what!?!?! :D :D :D

Hey now, quit pickin' on me!!
I do love twins- Asian twins, Blonde twins, whatever!
I wish the twin turbo Viper would have accepted my challenge, but I guess he didn't have enough confidence in his setup.
I know they are proven and perform well, but until I am maxed out and am getting beat by them in whatever I plan to do I'll stick with my F3R.
I AM sponsored by Procharger, silly:thumbsup

DR.FORD
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
hmmm......almost like having 2 LARGE bore 300 ci single turbo engines.

That can't be-Duttweiler says so!

Crawlin
02-03-2009, 10:27 AM

I swear I'd have to go to a university time-equivalent class to even begin to understand that thing, haha.

ams1000 101
ams1000 110

that's just first and second semester right there, haha

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 10:38 AM
That can't be-Duttweiler says so!
You did what steve morris told you what is best for what you wanted to do. I don't make fun of you for doing what you did. You told me last summer to call morris for parts when I started to build my car, and I thanked you for that. I was just showing small cubes can get it done too and i dont have to spend 45000.00 to build a big block. How many diffrent engines have you done over the years before you spent the big buck and built one like you did? My malibu engine has been apart 3 times last summer because of an engine builder. And now it is by someone I can trust. and he used the parts I had. Witch was a block and heads, intake, headers, and carb. And I remember takin to you and ron about this before i did it. I was eather going to due big cubes and nitirous or a small block and a procharger. And both said procharged because it's diffrent. So I looked up to you for advice and u make fun of me thanks.

juicedimpss
02-03-2009, 12:40 PM
You did what steve morris told you what is best for what you wanted to do. I don't make fun of you for doing what you did. You told me last summer to call morris for parts when I started to build my car, and I thanked you for that. I was just showing small cubes can get it done too and i dont have to spend 45000.00 to build a big block. How many diffrent engines have you done over the years before you spent the big buck and built one like you did? My malibu engine has been apart 3 times last summer because of an engine builder. And now it is by someone I can trust. and he used the parts I had. Witch was a block and heads, intake, headers, and carb. And I remember takin to you and ron about this before i did it. I was eather going to due big cubes and nitirous or a small block and a procharger. And both said procharged because it's diffrent. So I looked up to you for advice and u make fun of me thanks.

i dont think it was so much picking on you or your combo/future combo as it was a statement of "more than one way to skin a cat"
one guy swears by doing it a certain way,and someone else proves the opposite theory works just as well :thumbsup

DR.FORD
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM

I am NOT making fun of you at all!! Duttweiler knows his builds and combos and if that works for you that is great. I also know Duttweiler is a businessman, and so is Morris. They BOTH will want to sell you on what they know best. I gave Morris the opportunity to do a big Ford of which he had little experience, I just had faith in his abilities. Just be careful in comparing everything to what Dutty says, it may not pan out. You are a good guy and I respect your stuff, and I am sure what he built for YOU will work well for YOU.
Wasn't it you that brought the 'Bird into this conversation, comparing it to Marks car??! Small vs. large? I went 182mph on 93 octane-think about it before comparisons are made. Be ready to drink some beers at the show- I'm buying!

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I am NOT making fun of you at all!! Duttweiler knows his builds and combos and if that works for you that is great. I also know Duttweiler is a businessman, and so is Morris. They BOTH will want to sell you on what they know best. I gave Morris the opportunity to do a big Ford of which he had little experience, I just had faith in his abilities. Just be careful in comparing everything to what Dutty says, it may not pan out. You are a good guy and I respect your stuff, and I am sure what he built for YOU will work well for YOU.
Wasn't it you that brought the 'Bird into this conversation, comparing it to Marks car??! Small vs. large? I went 182mph on 93 octane-think about it before comparisons are made. Be ready to drink some beers at the show- I'm buying! ok

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 01:03 PM
If I make it to the show The pcm on my truck took a shit. None in stock around here.

DR.FORD
02-03-2009, 01:10 PM
If I make it to the show The pcm on my truck took a shit. None in stock around here.

You can use my truck if you want.

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 01:22 PM
You can use my truck if you want.
thanks jim. I took it in for the air bag light and their was a recall on the pcm so they updated it. But I took efi live to it to get rid of the exhaust filter, and the tech did not know now it wont run or retreave data. I will let you know.

FourEyedFord
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey now, quit pickin' on me!!
I do love twins- Asian twins, Blonde twins, whatever!
I wish the twin turbo Viper would have accepted my challenge, but I guess he didn't have enough confidence in his setup.
I know they are proven and perform well, but until I am maxed out and am getting beat by them in whatever I plan to do I'll stick with my F3R.
I AM sponsored by Procharger, silly:thumbsup

Haha, I am just giving you sh!t.
I hate to say this, but sometimes , not always ;), its true. If you are looking to break records in a class, then a turbo car is for you, but if you are looking to be consistent, then you want a blower car. Obviously both go fast as hell, but the blower cars seem to be more repeatable at what they do.

A lot of it comes down to the tuning, chassis and engine, and of course whatever you are more comfortable with. I'm sure you guys will make stupid power with the F3, I was just hoping to convert another one over to the dark side! I have had Andy in my sights for a while, and I can tell you, he has changed from saying never to maybe in the future for a turbo. :wow :D

BAD LS1
02-03-2009, 01:47 PM
thanks jim. I took it in for the air bag light and their was a recall on the pcm so they updated it. But I took efi live to it to get rid of the exhaust filter, and the tech did not know now it wont run or retreave data. I will let you know.

Jim thats a common issue as of late for GM update flashes with techII's. Gm has not been able to remedy the fault yet. It doesnt matter if its been tuned or not by an aftermarket program, its a fault in the GM software and it locks the PCM, usually not letting ANYTHING back into it. People were all scared thinking GM was purposely locking the computer when its not true.

This just affects the ECM and TCM not the body or bag computer....

You can get a new one here...

http://ecuoutlet.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=57

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Jim thats a common issue as of late for GM update flashes with techII's. Gm has not been able to remedy the fault yet. It doesnt matter if its been tuned or not by an aftermarket program, its a fault in the GM software and it locks the PCM, usually not letting ANYTHING back into it. People were all scared thinking GM was purposely locking the computer when its not true.

This just affects the ECM and TCM not the body or bag computer....

You can get a new one here...

http://ecuoutlet.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=57
thanks tom its a 2008 and under warranty. The dealer found one i will have it back friday I hope. than I have to tune it their because i took off the dpf.

On a side not do you use windows or mac.

BAD LS1
02-03-2009, 02:06 PM
On a side not do you use windows or mac.

Lol for what?

Dr.Buick
02-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Lol for what?
in your lab top for softwere. Do you have a apple?

BAD LS1
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
no i have windows vista, and i use HP Tuners.