PDA

View Full Version : 6..............

Yooformula
02-01-2009, 09:34 PM
nuff said! best gift this year for me! john madden needs to die in a fire and mike holmgren should choke himself and matt millen??? really?

xxtremeteam
02-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats steelers I wanted a cards win, but glad something went your way Yoo!!! happy 2009

KRAUSED
02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
black and gold BABY and again the D making some plays when needed.But Holmes is the man period....

PB86MCSS
02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Congrats, great ending, well except for the final play. Now can Roethlisberger turn his flipping hat around? I wear mine backwards sometimes but he has it that way EVERY time I see him.

VroomPshhTsi
02-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Great game. A call here or there, an inch here or there and a different outcome. Definitely fun to watch for most of us who didn't have a favorite in the game.

Larry Fitzgerald is f'n amazing. He'll be one of the best WRs, already belongs at the top of current WRs.

srt4eh
02-02-2009, 03:26 AM
I only got to see the replays this morning....wasnt about to wake up at 3:30am to watch the game. Good thing my wife is sending me a dvd with the game on it :)

Yooformula
02-02-2009, 05:11 AM
Fitzgerald was INCREDIBLE! Hines did exacctly what was needed and you could see he was not in any condition to play but stuck it out. Ben's game saving heroics are getting to be legendary imo! 17, 4th qtr combacks in 2 years.....7 this year alone! I couldnt believe how many penalties and yardage pitts got hammered with but at the same time there were some calls that were missed that were really bad I thought.

Cryptic
02-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I could of cared less who won, but it great game to watch. Great football

BeesTwinEG
02-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Great game.

TraceDaddy
02-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Only 6 more and you can match Green Bay's Championships! :)

Yooformula
02-02-2009, 06:42 PM
green bay championship's only involve half of a league right? a bunch were only around for 3 years. afl and nfl were seperate leagues and didnt play each other for a final game so it was just a championship game. SUPERBOWLS involve the ENTIRE league not just half with less games and teams.

Nix
02-02-2009, 07:03 PM
I gotta say one thing, that Harrison fella for the Steelers, he is one dirty ass player, pathetic. I know it happens in every game and people get riled up, but holding him, then punching him, then shoving him back to the ground after he is getting up from Harrison punching him. The AZ player wasn't even resisting or putting up any sort of fight, he was just knelt down and Harrison kept f ucking with him.

Punching a guy when he is down and then shoving him when he is trying to get up after the play was dead? Unreal and sad.

He is one hell of a player though, that pick return was awesome however Arizonias tackling dummies couldn't even touch him.

On the other hand the Cards too, one of thier players ran into the kicker? What the fuck was that about.

It was one heel of a game though. Right down to the wire.

Yooformula
02-02-2009, 07:10 PM
i was really disappointed in harrison's actions. I couldnt believe he didnt get ejected anymore than the cheap shots on ben that didnt get called. refs really suck bigtime this year.

Troutman
02-02-2009, 09:44 PM
I gotta say one thing, that Harrison fella for the Steelers, he is one dirty ass player, pathetic. I know it happens in every game and people get riled up, but holding him, then punching him, then shoving him back to the ground after he is getting up from Harrison punching him. The AZ player wasn't even resisting or putting up any sort of fight, he was just knelt down and Harrison kept f ucking with him.

Punching a guy when he is down and then shoving him when he is trying to get up after the play was dead? Unreal and sad.

and they only got penalized about 7 inches for it.:D

TraceDaddy
02-04-2009, 08:31 AM
green bay championship's only involve half of a league right? a bunch were only around for 3 years. afl and nfl were seperate leagues and didnt play each other for a final game so it was just a championship game. SUPERBOWLS involve the ENTIRE league not just half with less games and teams.

Using that logic then Super Bowls aren't valid since they don't include Canadian and Arena football leagues. (That's basically the view that was held of the AFL at the time.)

The NFL is what it is in any point in time. It was THE league. Just because we don't have the same structure in the NBA or MLB doesn't mean the Celtics or Yankees dynasties were any less great.

I mean, it's nice to twist history to fit your argument, that doesn't make it valid.

The Packers have 12 Championships no matter what you call them.

Troutman
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
The Packers have 12 Championships no matter what you call them.

i just think its entertaining that the ONLY thing Packer fans can brag about are events that happened 40-60 years ago :loser

TraceDaddy
02-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Actually, it's not. We can also brag that our lifetime record against the Steelers is 18-13. We've scored 719 points and only given up 536.

:wow

Troutman
02-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Actually, it's not. We can also brag that our lifetime record against the Steelers is 18-13. We've scored 719 points and only given up 536.

:wow

which just reaffirms that the ONLY thing Packer fans can brag about are events that happened 40-60 years ago.

give me a call when your "present day team" aka not the team 40-60 years ago finishes above .500

TraceDaddy
02-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry Sparky,

Since 1994, (Recent enough for you) Total wins are 149-151. Hardly an earthshattering difference.

Yooformula
02-04-2009, 04:45 PM
The League as you call it didnt officially begin until 1964, prior to, most teams incl the teams beat via CHAMPIONSHIPS not Superbowls had a tenure of less than 5 years years. Thats like going around being NFC champ yet not beating ALL of the teams. No merger, NOT a Superbowl. Canadian football league inlc in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE? Next you'd want europe football too. arena league follows none of the same rules and plays during a differnt season. kinda reaching arent you?

Steelers can brag they have 6 SUPERBOWL rings nobody else can. Not sure how many divisional CHAMPIONSHIPS though because that is essentially what the Packers have since they didnt play an ENTIRE league. Pack have been around a long time and have done a great deal for pro football no doubt, but you haters are tiring with the excuses about a championship not a full league superbowl. They can still do it though, win 3 more SPERBOWLS thats all.

And btw, I was pissed at first at the Harrison thing, but after watching a different angle online and slow motion of it, his blocker intentionally dropped to his to chop him down at the knees, and Harrison NEVER punched him, he open handed him and shoved him twice, once when he was down then again as he attempted to stand up. they may have only lost 7" but lost a great pass to ward and then had the safety brought on them on the next play. anyway, glad they won! you haters can continue to whine.

TraceDaddy
02-04-2009, 09:46 PM
A little paranoid aren't you? Which of my comments led you to believe I was a hater?

Yooformula
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
meh either way dont really care anymore about it. been getting too caught up in the whining about penalties and shit. 6th one in the books and I am happy so.