PDA

View Full Version : Who is @ fault...???

Car Guy
01-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Car 'A' hits the brakes (stops), car 'B' hits car 'A' from behind, car 'C' hits car 'B' from behind but does not push car 'B' into car 'A'.....

This happened in a high school parking lot and no tickets were issued, yet. The police were called to the scene and a report was filed but the content of the report will not be known for a week or so. I have seen the damage and I'm guessing they were going about 10-15mph when it happened.....

So, who is at fault...???

Beagle
01-31-2009, 11:41 AM
Was car A stopping at a stop sign or people? Why did car A stop?

Car Guy
01-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Car 'A' stopped because of traffic backup while exiting the parking lot, there was no stop sign and/or people.....

Yooformula
01-31-2009, 11:46 AM
car A shouldnt get the ticket at all. Car B and C shouldnt have been close enough to hit or stop in time. B could argue that C hit him into A.

Beagle
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
car A shouldnt get the ticket at all. Car B and C shouldnt have been close enough to hit or stop in time. B could argue that C hit him into A.

Thats exactly right. Car A is in the clear B&C are screwed.

Silver03SRT
01-31-2009, 11:49 AM
Car b and c may get cited for inatentive driving or if there was snow on the ground they could get driving to fast for conditions that's my guess

Holeshot
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah it doesn't matter the senaro If your rear ended its the other drivers fault for following to close.

Car Guy
01-31-2009, 12:00 PM
Is 'C' at fault for both cars that were damaged (A & B), or does 'B' share some of the blame also...???

VroomPshhTsi
01-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Well C didn't push B into A so it's B's fault or hitting A and C's fault for hitting B.
Thus, C should pay for B and B should pay for A

Note:Also depends on the car, if A is a riced out civic, it should have to pay for itself.

Voodoo Chick
01-31-2009, 12:17 PM
Cars B and C are at fault.....Car A was stopping for a good reason, Car B should have made sure there was more distance between, likewise Car C. Car A is innocent.

Holeshot
01-31-2009, 12:20 PM
B for A and C for B

Lash
01-31-2009, 12:22 PM
B for A and C for B

x2

Russ Jerome
01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Cars B and C are at fault.....Car A was stopping for a good reason, Car B should have made sure there was more distance between, likewise Car C. Car A is innocent.

Yup, no matter what State you live in if you have damage to the front of your vehicle your at fault if you hit the rear of another (obviously if the lead car is in "R" you may have an argument!).

88Nightmare
01-31-2009, 12:43 PM
this is tough

car C's insurance would have to prove that their customer's impact into B did not cause it to hit car A.... they have to prove that B had already hit car A, and this will probably only be a sucessful argument is there are witnesses. So if it unfolfed exactly as you described, Car B will be responsible for car A, and car C will be responsible for car B. Car A will be in the clear.

But now its going to be a big legal mess with 3 different insurance companies. Thank god it was a parking lot incident and not a substantial accident with injuries or death

Feature Pony
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Car 'A' hits the brakes (stops), car 'B' hits car 'A' from behind, car 'C' hits car 'B' from behind but does not push car 'B' into car 'A'.....

This happened in a high school parking lot and no tickets were issued, yet. The police were called to the scene and a report was filed but the content of the report will not be known for a week or so. I have seen the damage and I'm guessing they were going about 10-15mph when it happened.....

So, who is at fault...???

No one will probably get a ticket since it happened on school property which would mean private property, unless that person was wreckless driving which would have to be witnessed by the officer or OWI. You will just have to fight it out through the insurance company.

Rocket Power
01-31-2009, 01:53 PM
B for A and C for B

Yep

Car Guy
01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
C for B and B for A is how I said it should go down in this particular situation, just wasn't 100% sure.....:thumbsup

I didn't mention this but all three know each other to different degrees; C is dating B, and B is friends with A. The person driving 'C' is the son of my good friend who called me this morning seriously concerned. All 3 drivers involved (plus numerous witnesses) agreed to the situation happening just how I stated it in my first post and the officer wrote it down in the report. The two parents/children that are responsible for the damages have agreed to pay for their part(s), ironically car 'B' (the one I'll most likely fix for my friend) just so happens to be my ‘cup of tea’.....:)

Thanks for the input everybody...!!! If anyone has anything else to add please still respond.....

Car 'B'
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/GetAttachment1.jpg

michelle
01-31-2009, 03:53 PM
It's a SHO!

rally_scort
01-31-2009, 03:56 PM
nude pics of driver B please :thumbsup

rally_scort
01-31-2009, 03:58 PM
It's SLO!

sure is

TheRX7Project
01-31-2009, 04:19 PM
B for A and C for B

Agreed

Reverend Cooper
01-31-2009, 04:23 PM
its a private lot your insurance companies will fight it out as there were no tickets issued

Sprayaway Fox
01-31-2009, 04:53 PM
This happended to me when I was car A. It all depends if car B is a woman and shes hot and starts crying because in my senario they blamed the whole thing on car C:chair:
Her civic(car B) was up to the windshield under my truck and Car C had a lil dent on the bumper. Car C got fugged.:chair:

DirtyMax
01-31-2009, 05:29 PM
B for A and C for B

/ thread

Car Guy
01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
This happended to me when I was car A. It all depends if car B is a woman and shes hot and starts crying because in my senario they blamed the whole thing on car C:chair:
Her civic(car B) was up to the windshield under my truck and Car C had a lil dent on the bumper. Car C got fugged.:chair:

Was this on a city street or private lot...???

pOrk
01-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah it doesn't matter the senaro If your rear ended its the other drivers fault for following to close.

FALSE

I hit a car in my blazer from a brake check, I mashed the gas when he lit his brake lights up and BLAM totaled his eagle talon with my s10 blazer. His buddies pulled over and waited with us for the police. Idiot that brake checked had 7 witnesses against him.

We took his friends to Webbs afterwords, good times :thumbsup

GHOSST
02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
It was colonel mustard in the bedroom with the lead pipe

Holeshot
02-01-2009, 05:53 PM
FALSE

I hit a car in my blazer from a brake check, I mashed the gas when he lit his brake lights up and BLAM totaled his eagle talon with my s10 blazer. His buddies pulled over and waited with us for the police. Idiot that brake checked had 7 witnesses against him.

We took his friends to Webbs afterwords, good times :thumbsup

Glad it went in your favor. I've met you and I'd rather take a hit from your car then your fists. :stare I guess I was making a general ruling and assuming no one was trying to cause the accident.