PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Nix
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
The ad says this phone has been "Jailbroken".

I just happened to notice and never saw the term used with a phone before? Does it mean it can work with any carrier?

I don't need or want the phone I'm jusr curious.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/1010929219.html

No this is not my tele either.

Myles
01-28-2009, 12:30 PM
That means its cracked. Its not locked down to one provider and can load free or cracked software on it.

Nix
01-28-2009, 12:36 PM
That means its cracked. Its not locked down to one provider and can load free or cracked software on it.

Ahhh, so when you say cracked you mean hacked? Damn, so when you want to activate it with another carrier you just take it in and they will know how to activate it? Even if that carrier dosen't carry the iphones?

Myles
01-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Ahhh, so when you say cracked you mean hacked? Damn, so when you want to activate it with another carrier you just take it in and they will know how to activate it? Even if that carrier dosen't carry the iphones?

I dont know all too much on that, maybe mockin will have a better insight but i think it is dependant on the carrier on how the phone is activated. Either by sim card or some routing information put into a phone. The jailbroken iPhone may still be locked to att, but i have heard of other people using them on other networks so im not all too sure.

I have a storm, i dont need to crack it to enjoy software and OS shit. so we might want to hunt for someone who has an iPhone.

Nix
01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
See I thought it was kinda weird seeing as how if a carrier isn't familiar with that type phone how they would know how to activate it.

Im sure you're right, someone with an iphone or someone that knows someone may have more insight. Good info though, its much appreciated. :thumbsup