PDA

View Full Version : Classic Car owners: Nights out in 09

jbiscuit
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone

I'm hoping that those of us with classic cars (say older than 1985) car pick various meeting spots throughout the spring-summer-fall every now and then and get together.

Good idea? How about some meeting spots?
:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm totally up for that!! My cars are "old gals" 1973, 1979....it would be nice to hang out and talk.....Plus, I always enjoy drooling over your Biscayne!! She's a beauty. As for meeting spots.....I wouldn't even know what to suggest.

GRNDNL
01-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Gld........ :shades

limpimpg
01-27-2009, 06:26 PM
gus's drive inn 3131 main st east troy sat night but always busy

Korndogg
01-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I will not be attending due to the fact that I hate all of you.

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 06:53 PM

Maybe you just need a hug........LOL

GRNDNL
01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Maybe you just need a hug........LOL

I think thats why he hates us.......One to many hugs last time out.....

Yeehaw
01-27-2009, 08:59 PM
I think thats why he hates us.......One to many hugs last time out.....

prison hug? i can prolly steal the diplomat from my pa... if not the toyota is kinda old

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
I wanna see the Diplomat!

jbiscuit
01-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Gus's is a zoo....might not be up for that. A bunch of us had a bad experience one other time there. MIGHT be willing to give it another shot though, we'll see

Here are some ideas I came up with:
Georgie Porgies
Gilles (of course)
Omega on highway 100
Kiltie in Oconomowoc I think?
a Culvers somewhere?
The lakefront
Kopps

JC70SS
01-28-2009, 08:04 AM
Oscars
Pistol Petes

Voodoo Chick
01-28-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm a HUGE fan of the shows at Georgie Porgie's......In summer I take my cars every Saturday....I think it would be the best place, because it has the most space, and tends to have an extremely friendly atmosphere.

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 08:31 PM

then that means i can keep your hoodie....alright..:thumbsup

thanks..your the bestest exfriend...:rolf:rolf :goof

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
i think most of you would like pistol petes...alot of nice rides show up there...till the sun goes down..then they pack it up....Gilles...only a hand full ever show up there...

Voodoo Chick
01-28-2009, 10:14 PM
I never been to Pistol Pete's.........I want to check it out this year.

SSDude
01-29-2009, 05:04 AM
i think most of you would like pistol petes...alot of nice rides show up there...till the sun goes down..then they pack it up....Gilles...only a hand full ever show up there...

Pete's has a good show and good food.

Gille's is only a work of mouth gathering at a quiet location, without the local law enforcement hassles of Stallis PD since it's on the south side of Tosa.

jbiscuit
01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
Might have to try and make Petes at least once this summer....getting up there in rush hour sucks though. :(

DirtyMax
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Georgie Porgie's in Oak Creek is uaualy a good time. So long as they tell the DJ that the people in Greenfield don't care to hear his music... :goof

Voodoo Chick
01-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Georgie Porgie's in Oak Creek is uaualy a good time. So long as they tell the DJ that the people in Greenfield don't care to hear his music... :goof

LOL, I know him (the DJ), he was a good friend of my father's.......He does play that music LOUD!!!!

lordairgtar
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
I DJ a cruise night in Muskego and it's at Jetz on Moorland and Janesville roads. Happens on Thursday nights starting at 5, ending at 9. Starts in June, but I'm trying to convince the owner of the DQ to start in the middle of May. And I guarantee that Greenfield will not hear the music. People like the low key atmosphere of this show and like to have conversations where they can actually hear each other.

Voodoo Chick
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Might have to try and make Petes at least once this summer....getting up there in rush hour sucks though. :(

I can truly empathize here........Driving a giant old car through traffic is NOT fun to begin with, through rush hour is enough to cause a panic attack, lol...

Crawlin
02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
racecars!!!!

GRAMPS SS
02-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Rush hour...we had to drive it to get to solid gold all the years we went....take side streets.....

Voodoo Chick
02-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Solid Gold is right by my house, therefore pretty stress-free to get to....

jbiscuit
02-02-2009, 08:19 AM
trekking up 45 in rush hour with 4-wheel drums is suicide. I went through the zoo interchange at 5pm one weeknight with my car last summer and vowed never again. People don't leave you more room cuz you are in a classic...if anything they cut you off and ride your @ss more!

JC70SS
02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
J take greenfield to moreland/pilgrim....then to lisbon

jbiscuit
02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
J take greenfield to moreland/pilgrim....then to lisbon

THAT I could swing.... :headbang

Voodoo Chick
02-02-2009, 08:50 PM
trekking up 45 in rush hour with 4-wheel drums is suicide. I went through the zoo interchange at 5pm one weeknight with my car last summer and vowed never again. People don't leave you more room cuz you are in a classic...if anything they cut you off and ride your @ss more!

Oh, totally......They creep right up on your car's ass. I have had this happen WAY too many times. People seem to especially like to creep right up on the Olds......I don't know if they just want to get a closer look, or what, but damn......it gets unnerving!

mr.gone1985
02-08-2009, 08:28 AM
I heard from a friend the owner of Gus's is trying mellowing out about stuff there. I had a problem one night there also and am not thrilled about the place anymore. I say you get there early at 4:15-4:30 and just fill an area and have it to yourself. As long as your buying food and drink he shouldn't care.

Chadwich
02-09-2009, 10:35 AM
gus's drive inn 3131 main st east troy sat night but always busy

I usually hit up Gus’s every other week with the 55 with a few friends and there classics.
I haven’t gone there much since some guy opened the hood when across the street.
F*** head, don’t touch the car. :flipoff2:

Voodoo Chick
02-09-2009, 02:05 PM
I usually hit up Gus’s every other week with the 55 with a few friends and there classics.
I haven’t gone there much since some guy opened the hood when across the street.
F*** head, don’t touch the car. :flipoff2:

Opened the hood!? Oh, that woulda been grounds for a beating right there. I have yelled at people at cars shows, children, adults, no matter to me, "DON'T TOUCH the car!!!!" Some people think it's perfectly ok to let their kids (with their sticky, nasty little hands) touch the cars, I am just not that gracious and friendly about it, you touch the car, you're getting screamed at. People are so damn ignorant sometimes.

Korndogg
02-09-2009, 04:24 PM
happened to me a couple times where people opened my hood. and i wasn't even at a car show.

Chadwich
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
I learned from a young age not to touch the car show cars.
The worst thing I ever had seen was at the Whitewater car show when some little kid tried looking in the car by hoisting himself up by the door and putting his feet on the side of the car to look in.
Wasn’t mine but I yelled at him and his dad, then they gave me the WTF look like nothing happened.
F***ing ass clowns

Voodoo Chick
02-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I had some ass-f*ck get pissed at me because I told his spoiled brat daughter and her bitchy little friend to move away from my car with their dripping ice cream cones. He was going to get all "macho and defensive" so I bitched him out. Normally, I'm not an aggressive person, and NOT confrontational at all.....until someone gets too close to my cars, then I go all "Jekyll and Hyde" on 'em. And...to those of you you have had people opening the hoods of your cars, here's what I recommend, (assuming it has the proper latch mechanism) loop a short length of chain around the latch, and padlock it. Works like a charm.