PDA

View Full Version : Closest Snowmobile trails to Oakcreek/Caledonia/Racine

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 09:19 PM
My goal :

I'm starting to look for a home and I would like to purchase one near a trail opening for the public to ride on. I searched a little bit and the closest I found is BJ's Inn @ 8737 Douglas Avenue.

Here is a map that I found on Racine's home page.

http://racine.wi.net/snowmobilemap.html

Are there any other entrance points that are not showed here, I also see the RED trail goes off the map. Where does this go ?

I can't find a large map of the whole southern area of Wisconsin to see where all the trails go.

I would love to find a home near an entrance so I could just put down the block and hop right on :headbang

Thoughts ?

DirtyMax
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Alot of guys dump off at Shamrock Bar over on Hwy 38 just south of 7 Mile. There's houses over near there.

PonyKiller87
01-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I was just looking at that map on sunday wanting to go out riding. Shoot me a PM if you wanna go hit the trails.

70 cutlass 442
01-26-2009, 10:24 PM
thats only half of racine CO. there are mor inthe county, then they go west into walworth and south into IL eventually.....

sloLs1
01-26-2009, 10:32 PM
anywhere on 7mile or 7.5mile rd or south of that!

i ride those trails all the time!

0TransAm0
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
you can actually get to the trails from anywhere in crestview (6mile east of hwy 32) thats is where my sled is kept..just gotta run the ditches to hwy 32 then go north threw farmfields till you get by the power plant..the trail is not a county trail but land owners do not care. if you drive down that way you will see what im talking about.

the bj's inn or tavern you are talking about is no longer thier the powerplant bought it and tore it down.. the trail starts on the west side of hwy32 at the southern end of the powerplant property.

lots of nice houses in crestview are for sale. its a nice quite nieghborhood that is kinda close to the "city" if you do look in that area i would stay on the south side of 6 mile. its the newer part and has all the updated water and electric.