PDA

View Full Version : Man freezes to death after city limits electricity

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 08:15 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28858971/

This sure as hell pisses me off, the dude is 90 ******* 3 and they cut his power off. At the same time there are gehtto/white trash piles of ******* shit in there 30's in the same position that some how get free heat. Probably because they have a Voice !!!

I feel so bad for this old man but then again I respect old people, they paved the way for my Young ass to thrive and be all that I can be.

What would piss me off even more if this old man served in the Army and this is how he's thanked, no money ok but no heat is Bull Shit !!!

Yeehaw
01-26-2009, 08:18 PM
that is ****** bull

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 08:21 PM
I mean there are probably details we are missing like past history but dam dying from freezing to death. Could you imagine dying in your lazy boy because its so ******* cold out and slowly your body becomes numb..........

******* BS

Reverend Cooper
01-26-2009, 08:21 PM
agreed fuck da man

Yeehaw
01-26-2009, 08:22 PM
cant even imagin and being his age there is not much energy as is i mean whats he going to do walk to a shelter? i mean c'mon

88Nightmare
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
plus being 93? jesus titty ******* christ, cut the guy some slack. its not like he can go get a job.

Yeehaw
01-26-2009, 08:26 PM
Schur had no children and his wife had died several years ago.

that just makes it worse

That_Guy
01-26-2009, 08:28 PM
plus being 93? jesus titty ******* christ, cut the guy some slack. its not like he can go get a job.

well put..

its a ******* joke... id also like to add i wonder if he had any family. if so where the fuck where they?

Voodoo Chick
01-26-2009, 08:37 PM
That poor guy. What a horrible, horrible thing to happen.

88Nightmare
01-26-2009, 08:42 PM
he may not have had family. who knows. even still, that doesnt make it right for him to suffer like that.

Yeehaw
01-26-2009, 08:48 PM
he may not have had family. who knows. even still, that doesnt make it right for him to suffer like that.

its stated in the article?

CAMAROJV123
01-26-2009, 08:57 PM
i just dont think he had the power to fight it. thats lame

Russ Jerome
01-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Belleman said city workers keep the limiter on houses for 10 days, then shut off power entirely if the homeowner hasn't paid utility bills or arranged to do so.

He said Bay City Electric Light & Power's policies will be reviewed, but he didn't believe the city did anything wrong.

Aparently it was'nt his 93yr old grandfather who died a slow and painful death of hypothermia......wtf?

Yooformula
01-26-2009, 09:03 PM
what a bunch of fuggin bullsh!t! I dont care how much he owed, WINTER is not the time to put a hurting on people.

Silver350
01-26-2009, 09:15 PM
That is bullshit don't energie companies cut people slack if they cannot pay their bills when the weather is this cold?

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
That is bullshit don't energie companies cut people slack if they cannot pay their bills when the weather is this cold?

Here in Milwaukee the hood rats get free heat, its illegal to shut it off. I know there is a specific month out of winter they can but in the winter they can't leave it off.

Plus I wouldn't want them to turn it off, it's cheaper for us tax payers to boot the bill for the hood rich then having people dying, suing, homes bursting and just over all expensive issues.

HITMAN
01-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Belleman said city workers keep the limiter on houses for 10 days, then shut off power entirely if the homeowner hasn't paid utility bills or arranged to do so.

He said Bay City Electric Light & Power's policies will be reviewed, but he didn't believe the city did anything wrong.

Aparently it was'nt his 93yr old grandfather who died a slow and painful death of hypothermia......wtf?

It's all based on perspective. When the city does stuff like that it's all in a days work and it's legal to cut off what they consider to be a dead-beat. He didn't pay his bill? Cut him off, who gives a shit, one less burden on the city...:punch:

When those of us that don't work for the government/utility companies do this kind of thing it's called extortion and you go to jail. Look, as a conservative, I'm all for getting our money's worth, especially when it comes to taxes, but goddamn it, I surely would never wish this on ANYBODY, especially some citizen that's paid their dues his or her whole life. Our elderly deserve far better than this. If I have to pay through the nose to help out some societal non-contributer, Id prefer my money go to help some elderly/handicapped person, than some fat-assed able-bodied slob that's just too fvcking lazy to get a job and just keeps falling through the cracks because he or she is a minority or a scum-bag junky. :chair:

lordairgtar
01-26-2009, 11:08 PM
Wisconsin is different in that regards. We won't shut the utilities during winter. I think in late March, they can shut it off. I would rather people stay warm during the winter than freeze to death. Poor old guy probably had little money in his pension or SS. Also his house probably was old and not very energy efficient. Utility costs are rising but those benefits do not. It's even hard for me as my electric bill is $204 a month even on the budget plan.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-27-2009, 07:52 AM
Weird that the gubmint in Bay City owns the power and light co. The light co. claimed he owed them more than $1g.
I a scum bag junky also owe Wienergies more than a G, I'm going to pay them when I get my tax return.

Last year I waited to pay and WEPCO cut me off in early April I think.
I knew when I saw the WEPCO truck why they were at my inner city ghettohood house.
2 seconds after WEPCO left I went after their cheap cheesy lock out tag with a visegrips, yanked the meter out, pulled the isolator tabs off the meter and turned my internets and radio back on. :)
I did pay the bill online the next day. I never axed to be turned back on, I think they stopped by a month later and put a new seal on the meter socket.

R.I.P. Old dude.

michelle
01-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Wow, that's sad.

Cryptic
01-27-2009, 01:26 PM
incidentally... if you are concerned with your credit score... always pay your utilities on time because they do report a positive/negative mark on your credit report every month.

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 04:51 PM
incidentally... if you are concerned with your credit score... always pay your utilities on time because they do report a positive/negative mark on your credit report every month.

Oh, yes indeed they do. Years ago, I had a room mate who was supposed to be sending out the utility bills payments each month. We would give her our share of the money, and she was supposed to be mailing them. She wasn't. The result was a $1,200 debt to WE energies. It was a real ugly situation, and only now, after 6 years of steady, perfect payments is our credit improving.