PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Anyone Make custom wheel adapters?

PonyKiller87
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
I need someone to build some custom wheel adapters to go from the GM 5 lug bolt patern to the GM 8 lug bolt pattern. Skulte make them but I can't see paying $600 for a set of 4. Below is a link to the Skulte ones I found. Anyone think they can make these for me? I should beable to get all the aluminum and the hardware. And I can help do the bitch work like tapping the holes. Just don't have a mill to get everything the right shape.

http://www.skulte.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album06&id=5to8

shoooo32
01-26-2009, 06:25 PM
The 2 piece design is way more complicated than it has to be. Does anyone make a one piece adapter on the cheap? I'd keep looking or find wheels I like with the right hole pattern.

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 06:45 PM
I think the two piece design is necessary for structural reasons, but I could be wrong.....

juicedimpss
01-26-2009, 06:51 PM
wheel adaptors=scarey shit

95 TA - The Beast
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
I have talked to Andris a bit in the past on other things and the design of the wheel adapters is to take into consideration the structural dynamics seen at the mount flange as well as the wheel flange... That is while still keeping them light enough (ie, aluminum), otherwise you could do it all with steel as a one piece, but it would be prohibitively heavy, which brings in critical balance and rotation speed harmonics, ie, in this case, the lighter the better...

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
wheel adaptors=scarey shit

I'm not too crazy about them either, however I have used them in the past.....

PonyKiller87
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
I was thinking that the 2 peice was for strength too, but then you look at it and realize theres still 8 bolts holding the 2 pieces together. I think they do it more to make them interchangable. I drew it up in cad with the 2 bolt paterns and there shoudl be plenty of space to do it in one piece.

As for why I'm doing this, I want to be able to share wheels/tires between my s10 and my fullsize truck. The s10 is getting the adapters and its basicly just a DD. It sees alot of hwy miles and very little or no track or mud.