PDA

View Full Version : Monster truck promoter killed in Madison.

shoooo32
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
http://jalopnik.com/5139164/monster-truck-nationals-promoter-killed-at-monster-truck-show-second-death-in-two-weeks

George Eisenhart Jr., promoter and announcer of the Monster Truck Nationals, was injured and died Saturday night at his Monster Truck show in Wisconsin — the second death in a week involving monster trucks.
Eisenhart, 41, of Chardon, Ohio, was president and owner of Image Productions, the Ohio company that's been staging the Monster Nationals around the country since 1993. He also was the show's promoter and announcer.
Eisenhart was hit by one of the giant-wheeled vehicles when he stepped into its path near the end of the performance. He was pronounced dead two hours later at Univeristy of Wisconsin Hospital of major, "crushing" internal injuries, Coroner John Stanley claimed in a news conference Sunday.
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/shoooo32/Monster_Truck_George_Eisenhart.jpg

jbiscuit
01-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Look both ways before crossing

4eyedstang
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
sounds like a suicide to me.

Feature Pony
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM

I doubt that in front of all the kids that saw that. Most likely a accident he probably wasn't paying attention to what was happening around him. R.I.P.

Prince Valiant
01-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Local coverage of the accident...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAyJ2tnLefU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAyJ2tnLefU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 11:19 AM
WOW, what a way to go.....:stare

DirtyMax
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
Some fan just got killed at another monster truck show too not long ago. Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.

pashtrd
01-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Some fan just got killed at another monster truck show too not long ago. Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.

IMO the days of arena shows should come to an end. a lot of the venues are small, too small for these trucks to put on a good show. I have been to a number of them at the Bradley center, though they are fun , they are nothing like the ones they used to run at state fair park. Outside arenas are bigger, the trucks are faster, better trucks show up, just alot more fun all around.

Voodoo Chick
01-26-2009, 11:53 AM
How do you unknowingly step into the path of a monster truck!? Still, what an awful way to die. Poor guy.

Prince Valiant
01-26-2009, 12:01 PM
How do you unknowingly step into the path of a monster truck!? my guess is that it's pretty loud, with noise coming from everywhere...so it begins to get tough to know where every sound is coming from at all times. Combine that with complacency and familiarity tends to reduce awareness of the danger surrounding and coming up upon him.

jbiscuit
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
Pretty soon the days of arena monster truck shows are going to be a memory at this rate.

This just might do that.....you can bet that attendance at these events will drop like a rock. Just a matter of time at this point and it should be about done.

Karps TA
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
IMO the days of arena shows should come to an end. a lot of the venues are small, too small for these trucks to put on a good show. I have been to a number of them at the Bradley center, though they are fun , they are nothing like the ones they used to run at state fair park. Outside arenas are bigger, the trucks are faster, better trucks show up, just alot more fun all around.

Yeah but it gives something for people/families to do in winter. There's plenty to do in summer already.

Voodoo Chick
01-26-2009, 12:04 PM
my guess is that it's pretty loud, with noise coming from everywhere...so it begins to get tough to know where every sound is coming from at all times. Combine that with complacency and familiarity tends to reduce awareness of the danger surrounding and coming up upon him.

Yeah, I'm thinking you're probably right. It is probably loud as **** in there, and after a while they get so used to being around all the noise and commotion they are desensitized. I really hope he didn't suffer.

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 12:08 PM
I would be surprised if this kind of thing is still around in a few years.....

Feature Pony
01-26-2009, 12:15 PM
This just might do that.....you can bet that attendance at these events will drop like a rock. Just a matter of time at this point and it should be about done.

Attendance wont drop anytime soon there are alot of kids that are now glued to monster jam (my son is one of them) the big show in vegas is just that very big and tickets sell out in minutes!!

Flicktitty
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Funeral arrangements have been made for SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAAAY!lol..

dude was dumb, that's all why wouldn't you look? seriously.

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
I think he just was to comfortable around them, when you let your guard down that's when shit hits the fan !!!

RIP !!!

Moparjim
01-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Its a bummer obviously, but I don't see how it will kill the events/sport. People have died at everything from Indy to NASCAR to drag racing events - that photographer was killed at Union Grove a couple years ago wasn't he? Every other type of racing has weathered the occasional tradgic accident. Not to mention, forget about just motorsports, people have been killed at everything from Soccer games to plane crashes to Great White concerts!

Not to mention, your still much more likely to die in your own home slipping in the bathtub or whatever.

Its a sad event, but the m-asses will have forgotten about it by Wednesday.

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Good point, but honestly I think it all comes down to how it 'plays out' in the media/public eye.....

That_Guy
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
I think he just was to comfortable around them, when you let your guard down that's when shit hits the fan !!!

RIP !!!

i have a relative who does even organizing for these types of evens.. some of you may know him "rev" shit like this can happen to anybody who is on the floor.. but you would think being down there he would be on high alert with everything going on around him

Al
01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
What if this event actually makes monster truck rallies more popular. You know...kinda like Dennis Rodman kicking reporters. Bad press is good press!

Goat Roper
01-26-2009, 06:36 PM
You can see he walks out from a corner, no wonder he never saw it; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c95_1232994041

Goat Roper
01-26-2009, 06:41 PM
In case you are wondering about the full video it really shows nothing else since the camera guy pulls away. WARNING FOR NSFW ADS ON THE SITE; http://www.theync.com/media.php?name=7676-worker-run-over-and-killed-by-monster-truck

GRAMPS SS
01-26-2009, 06:49 PM

looked like it to me...he just walked right into the path of that big ass truck...you had to of seen that coming towards you...i can see that the driver didn't see him...and feel bad for he has to live with the fact that he rode over the guy...

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
It was NOT suicide...!!!

GRAMPS SS
01-26-2009, 06:56 PM
i just said it looked like it to me....maybe someone else can chime in on what i posted...all i said is it looked like it to me...

awsomeears
01-26-2009, 06:59 PM
My letters are bigger !!!

GRAMPS SS
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Good one...but remember they say size doesn't matter...

Goat Roper
01-26-2009, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=GRAMPS SS;495082]looked like it to me...he just walked right into the path of that big ass truck...[quOTE]

if you look at that first vid I posted it would appear that he was looking the other way.

Car Guy
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
I just don't see how you can say suicide from that video, I see is him not paying ANY attention to the truck(s) that he thought had already passed him by. He wasn't looking that way and didn't even know what was going on, let alone where to stand if it was ‘planned’.....

My ears are bigger !!!

Fixed...!!! :thumbsup :rolf

GRAMPS SS
01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
ok,,,i'm wrong..i admit it...he wasn't paying attenion and just walked out in to the path of that big truck...i can live with that....but then i wound tight and need medical head treatment...

That_Guy
01-26-2009, 07:15 PM
Good one...but remember they say size doesn't matter...

it does when there is a monster truck running you over

CAMAROJV123
01-26-2009, 08:55 PM
danggg. look twice save a life, coulda used ur lesson .. thanks mr. m :thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
01-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I don't even want to think what it looked like to the audience.

WickedSix
01-26-2009, 09:24 PM
a person is substantially more "squishy" than th cars the truck just crushed...im sure it wasnt pleasant at all......but damn see how much more room was there than at the bradley and they obviously could do donuts from the tire marks...I shoulda got tickets to that one...

BigSnailBuick
01-27-2009, 02:44 PM

RIP !!!

Yep hands down agree. I think the longer you do something the better you get yes, but at the same time you on occasion forget the basics.

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Yep hands down agree. I think the longer you do something the better you get yes, but at the same time you on occasion forget the basics.

I think you are absolutely correct. I have been in work situations where people get too complacent, and there have been some pretty gruesome accidents. At a place I worked at, a guy on a different shift lost the top halves of 3 fingers, I didn't see it (thankfully) but I heard it was AWFUL. Whenever you get too used to something, you can get careless. I think this was the case.