PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Kuwait!

OxmanWI
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM
The base here is really nice, there is more than enough here to keep any airmen busy for a 4 month tour. I'm all settled in my dorm and started my shift tonight with the fire department. The weather is really nice, during the day it's around 60-65 and at night around 35-40. There is sand and dust everywhere, no trees, and shrubs here and there. I haven’t seen any spiders, scorpions or giant bugs, don't think we'll see them until the hot weather comes in a couple months. I've been saying my prayers every night and thinking of family and friends back home. I also been eating healthy and working out at the gym, which is really nice by the way. I'll take lots of pictures and post them up when I get back. Much love to my BCM homies!

Take care,

Josh

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Stay safe, take care, and all the best to you!

That_Guy
01-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Stay safe, take care, and all the best to you!

agreed

Mr Twigbert
01-23-2009, 12:31 PM
I wanna see pictures now...

Waver
01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
good luck man and be safe....

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Thank you for your service over there and be safe.

lordairgtar
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Kuwait huh? Any cool cars there?

Nix
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Thank you for serving Josh. Have a safe stay and return safe. :headbang

Yooformula
01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
Be safe over there Josh! prayers for your safe return home.

SSDude
01-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Be safe. Thanks for your service.:thumbsup

Yeehaw
01-23-2009, 06:30 PM
appeciate your service josh stay safe and come back soo we can hang out

mrz28M6
01-23-2009, 06:37 PM
i have bad memories about that place! lol 140 degrees and sand blowing everywhere wasnt too nice for me.

Reverend Cooper
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Dood I will miss seeing you at the shows this summer. Take care and stay safe,most of all THANKS

Prince Valiant
01-23-2009, 08:09 PM
SHOOT ME SOME TOWEL HEADS!!!! YEEEEEHAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!

kiding...keep working hard, keep safe, and hopefully your time won't feel too long out there.

OxmanWI
01-23-2009, 09:23 PM
Thank you for the kind words!:) I can't upload any pictures since we can not plug in any external devices into the computer. I will post pictures when I get home.

Kuwait huh? Any cool cars there?

The highway ride from Kuwait airport to Selem, you could see that you had a mix of poor and rich. You had the garbage half size pickups with trash in the back bed full of metal scrap. And then we saw a couple newer Mercedes, someone said they saw a Mustang Cobra. Kuwaitis are very bad drivers, speeding well over the speed limits and making lots of dangerous maneuvers. Kind of like Chicago! lol!

i have bad memories about that place! lol 140 degrees and sand blowing everywhere wasnt too nice for me.

Well right now it's perfect weather, not too hot and not too cold, but everyone is saying in a couple months we'll get the seasonal hot temps and sand storms. Thank you for your service! :)

Breecher_7
01-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay on the base. There isnt shit to do there. No booze out in town that I could find...

y2kws6
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Josh if you are at Ali A Salem, I was there too. Nice base and I was there at this time of year also. Be carefull it can get really cold at night. I worked 6pm to 6am shift your time. Don't set up a wireless network hooked up to their network, they didn't like that too much. Go to the Kuwaiti side of the base and see their BX it's kinda nice/neat to see. some things are cheap too. I was able to get a power supply for my xbox there.

Any additional question on the base, just ask, I was there two seperate times.

Dan

y2kws6
01-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Do yourself a favor and stay on the base. There isnt shit to do there. No booze out in town that I could find...

But you can go off base and smoke a huuka. They have a nice Harley-Davidson shop.

They do drive nuts and there are four foot long speed bumps on the 75mph highways that they hit at around 90 mph.

Dan

srt4eh
01-23-2009, 11:52 PM
You'll prolly be back stateside before I get back...lol Stay safe!

OxmanWI
01-24-2009, 03:57 AM
Josh if you are at Ali A Salem, I was there too. Nice base and I was there at this time of year also. Be carefull it can get really cold at night. I worked 6pm to 6am shift your time. Don't set up a wireless network hooked up to their network, they didn't like that too much. Go to the Kuwaiti side of the base and see their BX it's kinda nice/neat to see. some things are cheap too. I was able to get a power supply for my xbox there.

Any additional question on the base, just ask, I was there two seperate times.

Dan

Yeah it's cold, but nothing like Wisconsin that's for sure, lol. The fire house has DSL from off base, really fast, but can't go on fun sites. There is a moral building that you can go to, but the internet is really slow. I'll shoot you a PM if I have any questions, thanks!

You'll prolly be back stateside before I get back...lol Stay safe!

Thank you for your service, be safe too! :)

y2kws6
01-24-2009, 08:01 AM
BTW a bunch of my buddies from Minnesota (Current base) will be there sometime in April-May'ish for about 6 months. I may be there again in 2010.

The 440th (my old base) re-opened that base (closed up after Sadam invaded it in the Desert Storm era - Should check out the mass murder wall where they killed everyone, Kinda freaky) in 2003 and we were there for 2 years. Carefull out there DOD were still blowing up mines on the base that were found even when I was leaving.

Dan

OxmanWI
01-24-2009, 09:22 AM
BTW a bunch of my buddies from Minnesota (Current base) will be there sometime in April-May'ish for about 6 months. I may be there again in 2010.

The 440th (my old base) re-opened that base (closed up after Sadam invaded it in the Desert Storm era - Should check out the mass murder wall where they killed everyone, Kinda freaky) in 2003 and we were there for 2 years. Carefull out there DOD were still blowing up mines on the base that were found even when I was leaving.

Dan

Funny you say that, I was there today at some of the bunkers that the US busted up, kind of creepy knowing that dead people were killed right where I was standing in some of the rooms in there.

GHOSST
01-24-2009, 09:54 AM
I'll be stopping there on my way back to WI on my RR leave from iraq come this June... fun place, lol.

y2kws6
01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Did you know that those bunckers are the cause of the USA being sued by the French still.

French built the bunckers for Iraq/Kuwait people as bomb proof and indistructable
Sadam took the base over in a raid
USA bombed and blew holes through them
Kuwait is sueing the French for the cost of the bunkers because they were suppose to be bomb proof.
French are sewing us because we blew up their bunkers.

Kinda funny if you ask me...Stupid french people.
Dan

Yooformula
01-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Did you know that those bunckers are the cause of the USA being sued by the French still.

French built the bunckers for Iraq/Kuwait people as bomb proof and indistructable
Kuwait is sueing the French for the cost of the bunkers because they were suppose to be bomb proof.

Dan

what a fukking joke! funny that the us bombed holes through the bomb proof and indestructible shelters. maybe we should have bombed france too to eliminate future shoddy work. does anyone get to sue the iraq govt for the mass murders?

OxmanWI
01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
what a fukking joke! funny that the us bombed holes through the bomb proof and indestructible shelters. maybe we should have bombed france too to eliminate future shoddy work. does anyone get to sue the iraq govt for the mass murders?

Dan

We were having the same conversation yesterday about the bunkers, I was saying, "How do you sue another country?" Out of all the bunkers I saw half of them failed (holes going right through), the rest did their job and only blasted the outside part, any plane or personal where untouched. I’ll take lots of pictures and post them up when I get back, it’s really fascinating to see the raw power the US weaponry…America, Fuck yeah!!

GR8COM
01-25-2009, 09:58 AM
I remember that base we made weekly trips from Navistar and then Virgina to there for Commo equipment. So I am all to familiar with Kuwait roads since I had to get a license to drive normal not tactical vehicles as well over there. Stay safe and enjoy it. It will suck when its really hot and you are getting sandblasted just walking around.

MurphysLaw88GT
01-25-2009, 03:45 PM
Stay safe and try to enjoy it if possible.

Teufelhunden
01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
It good to see a lot of vets and service members here! :usa I spent some time in Kuwait as well. The country was ransacked and looted, oil fires burning, mass destruction...I liked it. :) It's what you make of it. Oxman, sounds like you have the right attitude. :thumbsup