PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't seem right........

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 10:41 AM
http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=903780
Unless I'm really missing something, this just doesn't seem right to me......Why should they feel bad, guilty, or embarrassed for being the better team? Isn't that kinda the whole point? What do you think, legitimate, or PC going too far????

That_Guy
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
um... when i was in highschool are football team beat one of the highschools in beliot like 55-0 sure we needed police to get to he bus after the game because of the pissed off fans. but i didnt feel bad at all

94greenbandit
01-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Well if they really felt that bad maybe they should have stopped shooting threes in the 4th quarter. Were they playing a bunch of kindergardeners that the other team couldn't score. I wouldn't feel bad, they just stuck it to them

kornholio788
01-23-2009, 10:56 AM
"Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia. "

Yooformula
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM
thats bs imo. Its a competition if that other team couldnt score even ONCE, then they should have forfeited during the half. Dont cry about it now. Maybe all of the teams in the nfl should forfeit a loss to Detroit because they lost a record 16 games. Maybe that other team should stick to basket weaving.

Yooformula
01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
"Dallas Academy has eight girls on its varsity team and about 20 girls in its high school. It is winless over the last four seasons. The academy boasts of its small class sizes and specializes in teaching students struggling with "learning differences," such as short attention spans or dyslexia. "

simple answer....DONT HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM. Are other teams that have a normal sized school/team supposed to sandbag for them? great way to cater to their so called shortages and teach them about adversity.

DirtyMax
01-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I hope the team that won was at least letting the scrubs who never get to play be out on the court.

Waver
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
so they were playing a bunch of retards.....the problem is that we have too many people that believe that everyone should in in sports so the players feel good about them selves......That is bullshit. The fact of the matter is, some one has to suck and get passed over and someone has to win....that is how it is in the real world....

As far as the blow out goes all i have to say is this:

http://man.kan.narr.as/pics/Winner2.jpg

moels
01-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Not supposed to sandbag, but there is the thing about winning with some class. They were full-court pressing and shooting 3's into the 4th qtr. Just not necassary in my opinion.

kornholio788
01-23-2009, 11:07 AM
simple answer....DONT HAVE A BASKETBALL TEAM. Are other teams that have a normal sized school/team supposed to sandbag for them? great way to cater to their so called shortages and teach them about adversity.

Never said it was right. Just posting the reason for the shutout.

I don't think they should have a team either. But if they really wanna play, and don't have a team good enough to not take a beating like they did, then expect to take that beating.

I agree with many of the posts here. That is just teh way of the game. They shouldn't have to sand bag.

PureSound15
01-23-2009, 11:46 AM
um... when i was in highschool are football team beat one of the highschools in beliot like 55-0 sure we needed police to get to he bus after the game because of the pissed off fans. but i didnt feel bad at all

Good luck with that job search.

Did any of the cops atleast help you carry the water back to the bus?

Yooformula
01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Never said it was right. Just posting the reason for the shutout.
I don't think they should have a team either. But if they really wanna play, and don't have a team good enough to not take a beating like they did, then expect to take that beating.

all true and even what Wayne said makes sense but it pisses me off that the school now forfeits for the team after the fact and the losing team accepts it.

Waver
01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
all true and even what Wayne said makes sense but it pisses me off that the school now forfeits for the team after the fact and the losing team accepts it.

Yoo, it is because of all of that bs about making it fun and not competitive......

VroomPshhTsi
01-23-2009, 12:05 PM
yeah pressing and shooting 3s into the 4th was kind of a d1ck move, but forfeiting the game for winning 100-0??? ummm, I don't get it... so when the girls team that hasn't won in 4 years says "hey we finally have a win" then people will ask who they finally beat, they have to say "well actually we lost 0-100 but they forfeited a few days later".... me = confused

I ref basketball and have seen enough blowouts, but coaches with half a brain or heart at least stop pressing (most leagues have a no pressing after 15-20 point lead rule) or make their players make 10 passes before shooting

That_Guy
01-23-2009, 12:19 PM
thats bs imo. Its a competition if that other team couldnt score even ONCE, then they should have forfeited during the half. Dont cry about it now. Maybe all of the teams in the nfl should forfeit a loss to Detroit because they lost a record 16 games. Maybe that other team should stick to basket weaving.

somebody has to be the loser. thats how sports are..

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
somebody has to be the loser. thats how sports are..

EXACTLY. When I was in school, not everyone was treated like "the winner" all the time. There were defeats, disappointments, losses, letdowns.....IT'S PART OF LIFE. You deal with it and move on, with the knowledge that you can only do your best, and even then, sometimes you just get owned. It's not the end of the world. This shit where they're teaching kids "everyone's a winner, no matter what!" is just gonna screw them up later on in life. What a bunch of bullshit.

moels
01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
I do not agree with the winning team forfeiting the game, I was just pointing out that the winning team could have won the game a bit differently.

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 12:53 PM
^ Like, not have been quite so aggressive, do you mean??

Waver
01-23-2009, 12:57 PM
but that is the problem with sports these days, I would rather see 2 teams go at it 110% the entire game then watch someone half ass it because they are ahead...make the other team work for their points....

moels
01-23-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, you play all out until the game is hand and then play your reserves or play more conservatively. This way you show respect and sportsmanship to your opponent while winning the game with class. If you are still scoring with reserves in the game, it's the opponents problem that they can't stop you. This team pressed and shot 3's into the 4th quarter, which is pretty crappy sportsmanship. Should the other team maybe start playing down at the jv level or something, sure. But the winning team didn't have to pound them that hard. No class.

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 01:00 PM
I do see your point. They probably could have been more gracious winners......

Waver
01-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Well, you play all out until the game is hand and then play your reserves or play more conservatively. This way you show respect and sportsmanship to your opponent while winning the game with class. If you are still scoring with reserves in the game, it's the opponents problem that they can't stop you. This team pressed and shot 3's into the 4th quarter, which is pretty crappy sportsmanship. Should the other team maybe start playing down at the jv level or something, sure. But the winning team didn't have to pound them that hard. No class.

I will agree with that, I do think it is bullshit to keep the starters in a game where you have a blowout......hell give the shitty players some playing time

moels
01-23-2009, 01:04 PM
It's not about letting the other team have some free points or playing soft for them, it's all about making your program one that wins and is respected in the way they do it.

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Basicly (sp?) winning with a little honor and decency, correct?

moels
01-23-2009, 01:13 PM
You are correct maam. :)

Prince Valiant
01-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't have a problem with shooting three's in any quarter...or scoring when the opportunity presents itself.

BUT, full-court trapping style presses in a game like that all 4 quarters? Sure, put the bench warmers in and let them try some press....but then pull back all the way to hash marks after a 2-4 minutes of that (let the scrubs at least play some of how they're taught to practice).

BUT, the thing that showed the lack of class was the effort to get to 100 pts...You play to WIN. You DON'T play to get 100 pts.

lordairgtar
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Maybe Dallas Academy needs a new coach. But I would agree that that win was a little on the heavy side. No need to have a blow out like that. Once it was seen that the opposing team was that inept, they could have back peddled it.