PDA

View Full Version : This is why you should be able....

Z28Envy
01-22-2009, 07:00 PM
This is a great reason why you should be able to carry a gun on you!!!!!

If I still lived in MN I would have a conseal and carry permit!

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S758144.shtml?cat=10151

Man Lives to Tell Tale

(ABC 6 NEWS) -- It's a homeowner's worst nightmare.

And for one Austin man, it came true last night.

Paul Nielsen knows just how close he came.

"I thought we were going to be killed, I’m not kidding you. I thought we were done," Paul Nielsen, homeowner.

“This is one of those incidents that could have gone very wrong in a very short period of time," Austin Police Chief Paul Philipp.

Paul Nielsen had been out on Wednesday night and when he got back to his home on a quiet street in southeast Austin, he found something he wasn't expecting.

"When I walked in the door here this man was standing in the house here, by the kitchen table," says Nielsen.

Holding a knife he'd found on the counter.

"A big knife that you cut meat with," says Nielsen.

"He grabbed me and put the knife against my throat and said if you do anything I’m going to kill you," Nielsen says.

The man held Nielsen at knifepoint for fifteen minutes before letting him sit on the couch.

"Initially the man was pretty hyped up," says Chief Philipp.

"I said you know I do have a bad heart, then he kind of settled down. But I don't have a bad heart," Nielsen says.

The 18-year old demanded a hundred thousand dollars.

"He says we'll have to meet in the morning at the bank. He says I’ll be back at 7:30," Nielsen says.

So the man left the house ...

"I even put my arm around the man to get him out the door. I mean I was really nice to him," says Nielsen.

After getting a promise that police would not be called..

"And he said if you do I’ll kill you," Nielsen says.

Neilsen waited a few minutes, then called police who arrested the man several blocks away a few minutes later.

There were signs that the man had been in the house for some time before Paul Nielsen got home.

"He was sitting in the chair before we come and he was carving on the arm of the chair,” Nielsen says.

"He cut the light switches off, then he carved on the frame of the door," says Nielsen.

Twelve hours after his ordeal, Paul Neilsen had new locks on the doors of the house.

But even before that…

"I prayed all night, I’m not kidding you," Nielsen says.

Police say the suspect in last night's incident may have broken into the home before and may have taken a key during one of those earlier break-ins.

Formal charges are expected tomorrow.

Voodoo Chick
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Holy shit....

lordairgtar
01-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't know if that qualifies for luckiest victim or dumbest criminal. "Yeah, come back in the morning and we'll go to the bank and maybe catch a couple of beers"

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know if that qualifies for luckiest victim or dumbest criminal. "Yeah, come back in the morning and we'll go to the bank and maybe catch a couple of beers"

I'd say a little bit of both.