PDA

View Full Version : New here, not new to Milwaukee scene.

TheRX7Project
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
BCM-
What's up my name is James. I'm 26 and I live in West Allis, and own a 1980 Mazda RX7. I've heard of BCM before, know some guys on the site here, even visited the site a few times, just never joined. Figured maybe it was time.

I attended the Children's Hospital show last fall, but arrived late so I didn't register. I was responsible for the guy in the DeLorean showing up, I told him about the show. I know a LOT of old-school muscle guys. Maybe a few of them are even on here- any REDLINERS members here?

ANYway, I used to be deep in the street scene here back in '01-'03, I had a black Focus with a side exhaust, maybe a few of you remember me. I moved to Kentucky for school, but moved back a couple years ago.

Last spring I sold my 2nd Focus project car and bought my RX7, non-running, from a guy in IL (off eBay, actually). I picked up a live 12A and did my first ever engine swap. Since it needed a carb + exhaust, I picked up a Racing Beat Holley manifold and a Holley 600, along with an RB header and my own custom exhaust.

Eventually, I'd like to get it into the 12's reliably with the rotary (yeah, I know those two words don't belong together, ha!). I plan on going with a custom M90 s/c setup to get it there (or maybe just some spray...).

But first the car has some issues I need to work out, since it sat in a barn for quite a few years.

Sorry for the long rambling post. I look forward to seeing you guys once the snow melts!

pOrk
01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the site

PureSound15
01-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Nice first post - get some pics up!

TheRX7Project
01-22-2009, 09:28 AM
I put some up in the garage. I don't have a digital camera so I don't take a lot of pics :)

Russ Jerome
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
BCM-
I moved to Kentucky for school, but moved back a couple years ago.

OK James I gotta ask, how is Kentucky looking after being
back here for a while? I've lived in MA,CT,MN and WI now
and love visiting anywhere south....not crazy about being
above the 48th parralel myself.

pOrk
01-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Ky landscape is awesome. But you aren't allowed to have more then 4 teeth. My dads twin lives in Frankfurt :)

Russ Jerome
01-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Ky landscape is awesome. But you aren't allowed to have more then 4 teeth. My dads twin lives in Frankfurt :)

I am purposely missing a key tooth or two in my head
just so I fit in better when I make the move! Im more
partial to backwoods GA but KY or TN will do as well.

TheRX7Project
01-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Screw KY. I'll NEVER EVER go back. I am a CITY boy, and I have an education level above 4th grade.

Granted, I lived in the sticks. There was nothing, NOTHING in the town I lived in- only 1 fast food place and 2 gas stations, and 3 traffic lights. The cops were less than legit, and there were no jobs.

Richmond, KY seemed nice, I have to admit, and the scenery out in the mountains was beautiful. I think had I loved somewhere like Richmond I would've been happier. However, I'll never, ever, ever move back to that shithole of a town. My ex wife moved back (she's from there). That was one of the main reasons we split, she didn't like the city and I couldn't stand the country.

Go ahead and look up Beattyville, KY and you'll see.

TheRX7Project
01-22-2009, 09:46 AM
There's no edit button?

Wanted to say I also enjoy going shooting, I usually go to Badger on 43rd. I have a Ruger 10/22 I bought last fall I've been putzing with. but I really want to buy an AK or build an AR.

Nice looking AR you have there Russ.

srt4eh
01-22-2009, 09:53 AM
welcome...yeah...I'm not a big fan of KY...even less of TN. Unfortunately I'm stationed in KY....lol. Makes me miss WI.

Silver86
01-22-2009, 02:50 PM
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! another rotard! :)

hows it goin?

edit: you were at the FDL show this past summer?

Prince Valiant
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I am a CITY boy, and I have an education level above 4th grade.I guess we'll see if this is true now, won't we.

Nix
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
The edit button will show up after a while. Its hidden for the newbs so if they post bad shit they can't erase it. Its a way for BCM to weed out the shitheads.

Also welcome to the site and sweet RX man.

Enjoy your stay, we hope you don't have thin skin cause' there is a lot of bullshit that comes with being a member on this board. :thumbsup

Yooformula
01-22-2009, 03:06 PM
welcome aboard. dont take anything personal here unless you have a large supply of kleenex.lol

michelle
01-22-2009, 05:08 PM
Welcome to BCM!!

Voodoo Chick
01-22-2009, 05:26 PM
Welcome to BCM, hope you enjoy it here!

Waver
01-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the site.....and thanks for helping out with the show.....

WhatsADSM
01-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Welcome... I've said it once (okay maybe 5 times) and I'll say it again. Put one of your dad's SBFs or SBCs in that thing, that thing would be crazy cool!!
Fuck the 12a

lordairgtar
01-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. I like those little funny sounding engines in them there Mazdas. Had GM and AMC gone ahead with the plans to put them in their cars, there would be more of them. Plus we never get to see old NSUs here.

Sprayaway Fox
01-23-2009, 01:00 AM
REDLINERS? Around the Fondy area? I know a huge mopar guy that had a brat fry at his house. He has a 69 Coronet its canary yellow. Ran with other guy who had A BBC tubbed blue chevelle, a black charger that a chick driving also. At the time the coronet had a 383 on spray with a crashbox 4 speed behind it. The guy had brown hair and glasses about 40 ish. Quick car. If i rememba correctly the he was wearing a red muscle shirt with the logo on it.:confused

Welcome:thumbsup

OxmanWI
01-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Good intro, welcome! :)

SSDude
01-23-2009, 05:24 AM
Welcome
Cars and guns, you fit right in.

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 03:34 PM
REDLINERS? Around the Fondy area? I know a huge mopar guy that had a brat fry at his house. He has a 69 Coronet its canary yellow. Ran with other guy who had A BBC tubbed blue chevelle, a black charger that a chick driving also. At the time the coronet had a 383 on spray with a crashbox 4 speed behind it. The guy had brown hair and glasses about 40 ish. Quick car. If i rememba correctly the he was wearing a red muscle shirt with the logo on it.:confused

Welcome:thumbsup

THAT'S MY DAD! The Coronet is a '68 BTW. We lived in FDL for a couple years. He moved back to Milwaukee after some BS with his rental property (people not paying rent- I moved back about a year before when I moved out on my own). I can't remember the other guy's names at the moment, but remember the cars.

Redliners has been around since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I had the black Focus at the time, or did I have that red Bradley GT the first year? We did the road rally and the lawn mower races- were you there for that? It was a good time, though, I miss the Redliners parties.

Was Bob there with his Candy Apple '62 Plymouth that year? Man that brings back memories.

And yes, I was at the FDL NICO club show with the RX Club WI. Rode up with a 2nd Gen, a 3rd Gen and an RX8 (drove my car). I was parked pretty much straight scross from the old guy in the white GT-R.

Sorry for the two days with no reply, I went to Door County on vacation with my girlfriend. I'm back in town now though.

Cryptic
01-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Welcome to BCM...

I have 95 rx7 :thumbsup

Holeshot
01-24-2009, 03:40 PM
Glad to see a new member join the asylum. Welcome aboard James.

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Welcome... I've said it once (okay maybe 5 times) and I'll say it again. Put one of your dad's SBFs or SBCs in that thing, that thing would be crazy cool!!
Fuck the 12a

Oh and Murray, my dad only has a pallet rack full of BB Chryslers and a lone BB Chevy sitting on a stand (but that's for the '47 Ford project)...

If I wanted a V8 I would've bought a Mustang or Camaro.

I am contemplating building a V8 FC3S track car in the future though.

GRAMPS SS
01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
welcome...you don't have to wait till the snow melts to meet people...just keep your eye on the event section...we have get togethers here and there..your always welcome to attend....

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm more looking forward to going to some shows. I <3 car shows and G2G's.

GRAMPS SS
01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
World of Wheels is coming up....a lot of the guys from here show up there for a BEER....

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
WOW is too much money for too little show for me. It's been a while, is WOW downtown or at State Fair Park?

Silver86
01-24-2009, 05:29 PM
WOW is too much money for too little show for me. It's been a while, is WOW downtown or at State Fair Park?

its at the fair park still... i think... thats where it was last year.

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I looked it up and yeah it is. Hmmm... I am across the street....