PDA

View Full Version : BCM needs $85.00 for VBB

Cryptic
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
We recieved a notification for renewal for the vBulletin software. The cost for renewal is $85.00. We're asking for a small pledge to hopefully cover the costs (or at least some of it).

Please only reply to this thread with with your pledge amount. I will be making a webpage of our donating members. If you wish to remain anonymous you can just PM me.

to donate via paypal click below...
https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/x-click-but21.gif (https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=andypiche%40yahoo.com&item_name=Brew+City+Muscle+Donations&item_number=andypiche%40yahoo.com&no_shipping=1&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&lc=US)

ON EDIT -
------------

I read that if we can come up with $160 we will not have to renew yearly.

From http://www.vbulletin.com/order/
Leased License - $85

A leased license grants you the right to run vBulletin on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for 1 year from the date of order. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. During the year, you will have unlimited access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. At the end of the year, you must purchase another license in order to continue to run vBulletin.

Owned License - $160

An owned license grants you the right to run vBulletin on one web server and one web site for each license purchased for an unlimited time. Each license may power one instance of vBulletin on one domain. Included in this package is one year's access to the member area, where you can download updated versions of the software. If you require access to the member area after the year has elapsed, you can renew your access for $30 per year.

Cryptic
02-10-2004, 11:34 AM
WOW! BCM has recieved an anonymous donation of $30.00 already!

:rockwoot: X 34781324328023412

MoreTorque
02-10-2004, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys. We need this in order to keep BCM alive.

We were able to take care of the $85 last year, but this year we need help from others.

Thanks again!

Cryptic
02-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I edited this thread. I read all your posts. Your points are taken.

Guys, I never threw any stones, please stop thowing them at me. I'm all for a good party. I'm glad your fundraiser went well. Please leave this thread for just the people who wish to donate to our cause.

DocDave, I have concidered using some free boards. Last I checked (which was awhile ago) there were conciderable security holes in them. The last thing I want is my database dropped becuase of insecure code. I guess I can look into which boards can import a VBB database as well.

Guys if you have an issue regarding the matter... PM me. I am the only one who can do anything about it. Dont hang the laundry for everyone to see

Syclone0044
02-10-2004, 09:20 PM
Another edited post?? Damn it. :rolleyes: :mad: I'll pay $15.00 for a guarantee that no more posts get edited in the future!

The problem I have with censorship is, it means someone out there wants to decide what I get to read or listen to. Well I find that really insulting and it makes me angry :flipoff2: because I want to be the one to make the decision about what I can or cannot handle reading. It's like Marv said "I guess we are not mature enough to handle posting what we really feel about each other." I don't like this stipulation that's implied whenever we are censored.

I'm normally a mild mannered citizen of this forum but censorship is a topic that really sets me off. I know this is not a public place and "free speech" does not apply, but at least hear me out. :confused

Brian98GTP
02-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Thats an Excellent Point Josh,.. and I agree 100%.

Prince Valiant
02-10-2004, 10:15 PM
I think it is a matter of how appropriate a post is though. I think Andy was clearly implying that the thread topic was donations and if and how much one would donate if they choose.

If someone wanted to voice a disagreement about andy's solicitation of donations then it would be more appropriate to start a new post and voice concerns about it. No one ever said that ones opinion couldn't be voiced about the subject.

Cryptic
02-10-2004, 10:46 PM
There were just a few posts that had zero constructive value. (someone registered under a new name "boomboomricer", (if I had to guess it was "Death" of MWAS.)

I would ask that Yellow Wagon and Prince Valiant take it to AIM, PM's, strap on some gloves (i have 2 sets if ya need to borrow them) or something. It looks like some of you disagree with me trying to keep the board "clean" or moderated.

So is that what everyone wants is an un-moderated board? We tried that before and the first nekked pic that was posted, we had people crying about that. Fact is, I can't please everyone, but I can try to please the majority.

I don't have the time to read every forum. I'm not even sure what all the heat is about. I didnt want my thread hi-jacked that's all.
But as you can see above... my thread is completely off the subject, even after I tried to moderate it.

Ohh well, today was not in waste. BCM has $52.00 so far which is worth a :haveabeer

MyWhiteZ
02-10-2004, 11:51 PM
donation sent wish i could give more but im a broke college student. lemme know if ya got it as this is the first time ive used paypal

on a side note hey cryptic if u get a chance could u hook me up with one of those awesome sig banners u make. all my pictures are located here
http://www.chitownsyty.com/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=albuo64
thanks

Neal Steffek
02-11-2004, 12:16 AM
I donated. Thank you for the forum.:haveabeer

SMS 1
02-11-2004, 01:51 AM
Well it's not much but I sent something in. Hope the forum continues on! BTW MyWhiteZ nice car, I might have some time to do a sig if Andy is busy . . .:rolleyes:

Cryptic
02-11-2004, 11:20 AM
All you guys are saying that "its not that much". I beg to differ. All the donations have been very generous. And it's adding up quick!

It looks like I'll be taking time out to do sigs. It's the least I can do. So now's your chance.

MyWhiteZ here ya go!
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/images/sigs/MyWhiteZ-sm.jpg

Total so far is - $67.00 (if I include Syclone0044's pledge)
I wont delete/edit any posts providing that this stupid debate about MWAS posting about fundraising on BCM just goes away. Cuz frankly no one gives a sh!t. It was no big deal.

jbiscuit
02-11-2004, 01:44 PM
Then why were te MWAS posts the only deleted at first? Valiant's post remained until I called it out and then it was removed....that is the lamest thing I had ever seen on here. He bashes our club for soliciting and pokes fun at the fact that Madison Dave wasn't dying of cancer yet we are not allowed to clarify the uneducated post he makes? Ridiculous. Why weren't mine and other's comments moved to a new topic then instead of being deleted? Your own LOCAL MEMBER Prince Valiant is the one that started the issue anyways with his solicitation comment anyways, I rebuttaled it by posting in here. That was why your topic got hijacked.

Cryptic
02-11-2004, 02:12 PM
next time, I'll move it. There isnt exaclty a function in VBB to do so (move a post into a new thread) other than copy/pasting yourself.

I didnt think much of it at the time. There's only the select few of you that give a damn about the whole subject. I dont think I am one of them. It's a moot point.

MyWhiteZ
02-11-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CrypticGTX
All you guys are saying that "its not that much". I beg to differ. All the donations have been very generous. And it's adding up quick!

It looks like I'll be taking time out to do sigs. It's the least I can do. So now's your chance.

MyWhiteZ here ya go!
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/images/sigs/MyWhiteZ-sm.jpg

Total so far is - $67.00 (if I include Syclone0044's pledge)
I wont delete/edit any posts providing that this stupid debate about MWAS posting about fundraising on BCM just goes away. Cuz frankly no one gives a sh!t. It was no big deal.

looks good man thanks. One lil thing tho. would it be possible to put this pic http://www.chitownsyty.com/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album68&id=aad in for the car instead of the one there currently. I love this pic of the car. If its too much of a hassle dont worry about it.

Cryptic
02-11-2004, 02:27 PM
ahh I see different rims... no salad shooters ;) no prob

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/images/sigs/MyWhiteZ.jpg

12secondGTP
02-11-2004, 03:49 PM
Donation made, hope it helps

Brian98GTP
02-11-2004, 05:39 PM
My donation was also made... :haveabeer

Neal Steffek
02-11-2004, 07:54 PM
Just an idea. How about a special little icon or some sort next to your neme if you donate? Something like on clubgp.com ;)

Cryptic
02-11-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Neal Steffek
Just an idea. How about a special little icon or some sort next to your neme if you donate? Something like on clubgp.com ;)

I was thinking of that... Members that dont mind will be listed on front page as donating members.

Neal Steffek
02-11-2004, 08:27 PM
Thats cool. I like that.

Heynow
02-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Donation sent, thanks again Andy! :party:

SMS 1
02-12-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by CrypticGTX
I was thinking of that... Members that dont mind will be listed on front page as donating members.

I'm cool with that :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
02-12-2004, 12:19 AM
I gave a small amount. Figure every little bit helps.

Scales
02-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Andy, you still have to let me know when ya wanna meet up so I can get ya my donation.

On a side note... Just curious if you would be able to black out the windows on my sig so you don't see my goofy a$$ sittin there, or would that look lame then?? Otherwise, awesome work!!!:thumbsup

Hetfield
02-15-2004, 07:54 PM
Wish I could do more, but I sent you some scrill regardless. :)