PDA

View Full Version : bike license?

civic600
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
ive been ridin sport bikes for awhile now without a license and was wondering whats the best way to go about getting one? ive had my temps before but that expired awhile ago. i'd rather just get my license and not have to worry about it anymore. thanks for any help and input

RanJer
01-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Go take the MSF at WCTC or somewhere else. Graduate, got your license.

civic600
01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
tried that in the past and everytime i go to sign up the class is already booked. i even went the day the sign up opened. tried at gateway too

RanJer
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
tried that in the past and everytime i go to sign up the class is already booked. i even went the day the sign up opened. tried at gateway too

Go to the DMV.. get your temps, schedule a road test right away. Go back, do the road test. Just make sure the bike you use is 100% legal as far as blinkers and all. Like with driving tests, I've heard Elkhorn is the best/easiest place to pass.

loud91rs
01-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Look up learning curves if wctc is booked. Or take one through Hal's harley davidson.

Junky Giorgio
01-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I have completed both my MSF certification for my Wisconsin motorcycle license and my Road Racing license certification for CCS through Learning Curves. Definitely worth every penny!

This is the #1 Motorcycle school in the Midwest.

http://www.iwanttoride.com/

--------------------
Learning Curves Motorcycle Safety Inc.
PO Box 14484
West Allis, WI 53214
fax 414-476-5888
more information 414-476-RIDE(7433)

Learning Curves
Motorcycle Safety, Inc.
...is the fastest growing motorcycle school in Wisconsin.

Early in August 2004 we earned the
certifications to teach the Motorcycle Safety
Foundation's (MSF) Basic Rider Course(BRC) Including all certifications the
State of Wisconsin requires.
Learning Curves' is no stranger to teaching the art of riding motorcycles. We have been in the business of motorcycle instruction, at one level or another for over 20 years. We have graduated over 4800 riders to date!

Mission Statement: Learning Curves wants to teach anyone and everyone to be a safe and great motorcycle rider! Bringing our expertise from all areas of motorcycling to all that attend one of our classes!

Learn to ride motorcycles!

Pre-Season Special!! Sign Up Before April 1st pay only $295
that's $40 dollars off our regular price!!!

Experienced Rider's Course(ERC) and second/third shift schools NOW Available !!!

Basic Rider's Course
Evening and Day Classes and Available
All BRC classes for the 2008 season are $335

Breecher_7
01-21-2009, 05:56 AM
I have completed both my MSF certification for my Wisconsin motorcycle license and my Road Racing license certification for CCS through Learning Curves. Definitely worth every penny!

This is the #1 Motorcycle school in the Midwest.

http://www.iwanttoride.com/

--------------------
Learning Curves Motorcycle Safety Inc.
PO Box 14484
West Allis, WI 53214
fax 414-476-5888
more information 414-476-RIDE(7433)

Learning Curves
Motorcycle Safety, Inc.
...is the fastest growing motorcycle school in Wisconsin.

Early in August 2004 we earned the
certifications to teach the Motorcycle Safety
Foundation's (MSF) Basic Rider Course(BRC) Including all certifications the
State of Wisconsin requires.
Learning Curves' is no stranger to teaching the art of riding motorcycles. We have been in the business of motorcycle instruction, at one level or another for over 20 years. We have graduated over 4800 riders to date!

Mission Statement: Learning Curves wants to teach anyone and everyone to be a safe and great motorcycle rider! Bringing our expertise from all areas of motorcycling to all that attend one of our classes!

Learn to ride motorcycles!

Pre-Season Special!! Sign Up Before April 1st pay only $295
that's $40 dollars off our regular price!!!

Experienced Rider's Course(ERC) and second/third shift schools NOW Available !!!

Basic Rider's Course
Evening and Day Classes and Available
All BRC classes for the 2008 season are $335

Definitly your best option, this is who I got my CCS Cert through as well. :thumbsup

loud91rs
01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Junky, do you know if D'amico still run the learning curves course? I was thinking about my ccs cert there and was just curious.

Junky Giorgio
01-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Junky, do you know if D'amico still run the learning curves course? I was thinking about my ccs cert there and was just curious.

I know D'Amico is still involved with Learning Curves but not as much as before since his main job takes up most of his time. Just sign up online or try to contact them by phone.

Al
02-01-2009, 01:40 AM
I went to Learning Curves and thought it was awesome!

I've been pushing my friends to go and finally get their licenses and end all of the BS associated with temps.

civic600
02-02-2009, 06:41 PM
i ended up just signing up at hal's harley. i have a few friends that went through them and they said it was super easy. i just wanna get this over with

Nix
02-02-2009, 06:51 PM
i ended up just signing up at hal's harley. i have a few friends that went through them and they said it was super easy. i just wanna get this over with

What bike did you end up getting Jerm? By the way, thanks for all the oil that has collected in my garage fuck face!

I can't believe how much is still coming out from that damn thing. I think when you went over a jump or huge bimp the track may have punched a hole in that container?

Didy uo just throw out that bottle of oil Iam assuming?

Asshole..

civic600
02-02-2009, 07:21 PM
yeah it musta broke when i hit a bump or something. definately thought i broke something. thank god i didnt. i dont think it was the track. sorry bout that again sucka. if anything ill come over this wkend and we can take the seat off and clean everything up real nice.

o and as far as a bike i got the one ive always wanted. muahhh:headbang

kornholio788
02-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Looking to get my license as well here in the spring. I was looking at gateways as it is closer to me. They got classes for 208 and got spots open in mid april. For friday, sat, and sunday.

Anyone been through gateway and what was your experiance?

LIL EVO
02-06-2009, 01:48 PM
It's not that hard to go to the dmv, take the written test, then the road test.

I did it with very little experience on a bike.

Cutlass Queen
02-06-2009, 01:59 PM
I took my license at the harley davidson classes. Was a 5 day course, 2 on the bike, 2 in class and last day was the graduation party. I learned a lot in the class but was a pretty hefty price. About 350 when I took my class.

kornholio788
02-06-2009, 04:04 PM

Paying to learn the tricks and tips, and to lower my insurance is worth it imo. I have never ridden a motorcycle before. I would rather lay theirs down than my new one haha

Junky Giorgio
02-06-2009, 09:52 PM

But you don't get the MSF certificate to receive a 20% discount off your motorcycle insurance then. Well worth the piddly $300 for the class in the long run, not to mention the skills learned especially for novice riders or squids that think they know how to ride.

LIL EVO
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Ahh. Didn't know about the discount. Well that works out well!

Al
02-07-2009, 02:52 AM
Paying to learn the tricks and tips, and to lower my insurance is worth it imo. I have never ridden a motorcycle before. I would rather lay theirs down than my new one haha

I agree. My (real) first time on a motorcycle was at Learning Curves. While there, three people fell off their bikes. All three times, it happened at a running pace or slower.

BTW- Learning Curves will also give you a card when you are done that will get you a %10 discount at Cedar Creek Motorsports and Action Powersports.

lilws6
02-08-2009, 03:43 PM
WCTC was probably the best thing i ever did i had rode for a while before getting my licence but taking ther course you learn some new things and you get to ride on little honda rebels :goof