PDA

View Full Version : 02 GTI shot k&n ram air intake

CAMAROJV123
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I just put one on my car yesterday, and I'm not sure if it should be doing this but everytime i shift it sounds like a "CHUSH" sound, not loud, but you can hear it.

Is it the waste-gate opening?

I like the sound alot but I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything harmful to the turbo or the engine

Myles
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
factory bypass valve, its normal.

BoosTT
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
.... and there goes your MAF sensor. You can't use oiled air filters. The oil distroys the maf. Expect a cel within two weeks.

The noise is the dirverter valve or n75 valve. Both are normal.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-19-2009, 03:17 PM
It's a VW he will get use to the CEL being on all the time, j/k.
I guess I can kinda see the wanting of the wastegate to make noise, I read that very noise is the pinnacle of performance for the playstation generation. :rolf

PureSound15
01-19-2009, 05:05 PM
The noise is the dirverter valve or n75 valve. Both are normal.

If your n75 valve is making noise and or you think that's normal, than I certainly wouldn't be passing out advise. N75 valve regulates the wastegate (which releases the pressure once you've reached a certain boost point). Stock VW wastegates route into the exhaust directly - so if you're hearing that you've got an entirely different problem.

The noise you're hearing is the diverter valve which is back against the firewall with 1" or so hoses running to it. It's just a recirculating blow-off valve.

Yeehaw
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
i heard the cone filters are super bad for the turbo