PDA

View Full Version : Truck Commercial Rant

VroomPshhTsi
01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
So I'm sure you all have noticed the truck commercials (Dodge Ram mostly, some F150) that are in EVERY SINGLE commercial break for every single NFL playoff game and college football bowl game. Seriously, we are bailing these people out and they are spending god knows how much on advertising by placing the same commercials in every single commercial break. I know there are contracts for sponsors and all that, but come on. It's like watching your tax dollars go directly towards a stupid commercial. Is anyone ******* home???

The Dodge Ram commercials are just as annoying as saved by zero.

/rant

Yeehaw
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
www.ramchallenge.com

yep spent how much money on that one?

xxtremeteam
01-18-2009, 08:30 PM
They do have alot of them but I like this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGI8IRXRqpo

Sprayaway Fox
01-18-2009, 08:37 PM
WTF! My F250 didnt come with a "man step"! Guess I gotta jump off the tire like plain folk:(

1320PNY
01-18-2009, 09:16 PM
The only problem I have is the nature of the commercials today. I think marketing people are skipping school and going straight to work. The NUMBER 1 rule in marketing is NEVER show your competetor's product or mention a competitor.

(rest of rant) McDonalds and Microsoft are two of the most successful companies and I don't remember any commercials bagging on any competitors. You see "The Whopper" is Ethiopias favorite burger or some crap, but you don't see Ronald swetting Wendy or anything like that. Simply told, if you got a good product, it will be obviously the best choice.

If you just supply a good product at a good price with good service and the customers will tell everyone the rest is crap.

Prince Valiant
01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Personally i don't mind the commercials (whether one likes them, is another matter). But the fact is, how else is one going to get the brand out there, making it known about the number of improvements each has, etc? They do need to advertise...

88Nightmare
01-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I also agree with 1320. If they make a good product, they dont need to sandbag the competition in the commercial. The product should sell itself.

Voodoo Chick
01-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Personally, I think ragging on the competitor makes the company look bad and petty.

VroomPshhTsi
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
I know every company needs to advertise, but it seems their repetitiveness is over the top, especially when they need to cut costs as much as possible. People know Dodge Ram, the car companies are in the newspapers and magazines everyday. I see TV ads as for companies that aren't getting enough face time, and the car companies are far from that. When it's the exact same commercial during every single commercial break, then they ask for tax payer money for a bailout, one begins to question the logic.

lordairgtar
01-18-2009, 11:27 PM
you don't see Ronald swetting Wendy or anything like that.
he's prolly PIIHB!!

wrath
01-19-2009, 07:26 AM
The only problem I have is the nature of the commercials today. I think marketing people are skipping school and going straight to work. The NUMBER 1 rule in marketing is NEVER show your competetor's product or mention a competitor.

(rest of rant) McDonalds and Microsoft are two of the most successful companies and I don't remember any commercials bagging on any competitors. You see "The Whopper" is Ethiopias favorite burger or some crap, but you don't see Ronald swetting Wendy or anything like that. Simply told, if you got a good product, it will be obviously the best choice.

If you just supply a good product at a good price with good service and the customers will tell everyone the rest is crap.

It was really popular in the 80s and early 90s to feature your competitor. Do you not remember the ALL and Gain and and and Wisk and and and Tide commercials? Political correctness killed competition. If you look in history of advertising you'll see the competition in television commercials ended at the same time non-white people were brought in.

You probably don't remember the McDonald's commercials where they competed with Burger King.

-stew-
01-19-2009, 07:42 AM
So I'm sure you all have noticed the truck commercials (Dodge Ram mostly, some F150) that are in EVERY SINGLE commercial break for every single NFL playoff game and college football bowl game. Seriously, we are bailing these people out and they are spending god knows how much on advertising by placing the same commercials in every single commercial break. I know there are contracts for sponsors and all that, but come on. It's like watching your tax dollars go directly towards a stupid commercial. Is anyone ******* home???

The Dodge Ram commercials are just as annoying as saved by zero.

/rant

I know every company needs to advertise, but it seems their repetitiveness is over the top, especially when they need to cut costs as much as possible. People know Dodge Ram, the car companies are in the newspapers and magazines everyday. I see TV ads as for companies that aren't getting enough face time, and the car companies are far from that. When it's the exact same commercial during every single commercial break, then they ask for tax payer money for a bailout, one begins to question the logic.

They need to advertise now more than ever. They need to convince you that you need a new truck and that theirs is the best one out there. Your TV can be turned off if you are that upset about it.

88Nightmare
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
hey stew, your computer can be turned off if you don't like reading someones posts

Rocket Power
01-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I find the Toyota ones most annoying. Especially the ones they used to play on the radio, where the creepy kool-aid drinker kept trying to convince his friend to go to the toyota dealer.

Prince Valiant
01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
The lamest commercials in my memory were the GM trucks of around the late 80's...

They'd feature a chevy full-size and S-10, both 4WD....lined up against a Ford full-size and Ranger...again both 4WD.

They proceed to "race" to a stream...in which the "automatic locking hubs" of the chevy would prove superior to the fords, which had to stop to lock their hubs.

Never mind, this was a stream any truck could cross in 2WD...perhaps with bald bicycle tires mounted, and that the "race" was all of 60 feet long...with no real acceleration. Never mind, why would someone wait to get to the stream to engage 4WD. Never mind...it was just lame!

(tried but I couldn't find it on youtube)

It was insulting to ones intelligence...

Toyota commercials are similar imo simply because they feature arbitrary feats that no one would ever do, and I'm not sure other trucks can't do.