PDA

View Full Version : Chinese racing intakes

Sprayaway Fox
01-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Anybody have some real number that were good or bad? Lets say a Pro Product vs a Edelbrock or Weiand?

juicedimpss
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
i know a guy that used a few on roundy roundmotors,he was satified with the product.
i dont know that it made more or less than a victor jr,the power differences were prob negligable.

Waver
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Anybody have some real number that were good or bad? Lets say a Pro Product vs a Edelbrock or Weiand?

A lot of guys are usint the pro products typhoon intake vs the edelbrock performer intake. I had one on my 88. Never any problems, and the numbers were a little better than the Edelbrock intake. Only downside is thatif you get one new, you may have to clean up some of the excess casting (aka flash) from the port openings.....over all, really good intake

Boost21
01-19-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm running the typhoon and have no complaints

Sprayaway Fox
01-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I have used the pro products on a SBC and SBF cleaning up the intake area. I heard they were close to the others just checkin to see if what other people have thought of them also. Thanx guys.

pashtrd
01-20-2009, 11:56 AM
so where do you buy them from?

badass88gt
01-20-2009, 01:22 PM
Junk.

A friend had a PPI Typhoon intake that had crap threads, the injector bosses were at different angles from each other, and all the crap inside the ports would make you laugh. Also saw a PPI balancer come apart and a CAT flywheel that was out of round. BUY USA!!!!!

Sprayaway Fox
01-20-2009, 11:33 PM
so where do you buy them from?

Junk.

A friend had a PPI Typhoon intake that had crap threads, the injector bosses were at different angles from each other, and all the crap inside the ports would make you laugh. Also saw a PPI balancer come apart and a CAT flywheel that was out of round. BUY USA!!!!!

I mostly get them (used 2)from Competition Products. I have used them on a couple builds and I can agree that the treads for the pipe plugs suck and they need cleanup in the intake but I was just wondering if someone has switched intakes at the track and had more or less MPH to tell a differance.

HITMAN
01-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Yeah, keep buying that Chinese shit. :rolleyes: One day we'll all be working for them because we didn't support our own manufacturers.:punch:

They poison our kids, they poison our pets and they copy everything with a patent, because they don't give a damn about the research and development that others go through to bring you a better product. They just copy what sells and have their giant labor pool crank it out for pennies a day. :chair: You save a few bucks, but, IMO, you get a vastly inferior product. The design might be the same but the materials and the machining are rubbish. :fire

I know it's tough to find stuff that's made here these days, so sometimes we have no choice but to buy from the Chi-Comms, but in the speed parts industry there are clear "Made In USA" choices. Unless the extra money is going to break you, (and if it is, you need a different hobby) support our American speed parts industry.

Waver
01-23-2009, 06:45 AM
Yeah, keep buying that Chinese shit. :rolleyes: One day we'll all be working for them because we didn't support our own manufacturers.:punch:

They poison our kids, they poison our pets and they copy everything with a patent, because they don't give a damn about the research and development that others go through to bring you a better product. They just copy what sells and have their giant labor pool crank it out for pennies a day. :chair: You save a few bucks, but, IMO, you get a vastly inferior product. The design might be the same but the materials and the machining are rubbish. :fire

I know it's tough to find stuff that's made here these days, so sometimes we have no choice but to buy from the Chi-Comms, but in the speed parts industry there are clear "Made In USA" choices. Unless the extra money is going to break you, (and if it is, you need a different hobby) support our American speed parts industry.

my shit was used, and everything else was usa made

HITMAN
01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
my shit was used, and everything else was usa made

Wasn't targeting you specifically, just making a general observation. And used is a bit different. Can't say I haven't been guilty of that myself. But I really try to buy US if I can find it.

juicedimpss
01-23-2009, 03:41 PM
it is quite the double edged sword. consumers buy what is cheap due to the poor economy,and americans lose more jobs,making the economy worse.

pashtrd
01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
I was just curious as to where to get them, I figured if they were cheap enough maybe.... but for a few $$ extra I will get what I know will work, and be good quality. Your really not saving that much.

Sprayaway Fox
01-24-2009, 03:06 PM
If a edelbrock was closer in price yea I would snag one. Last Victor I bought had the usa tag that was sticked on the intake that fell off in hot laps....Ya know its bad when the made in USA sticker "which is the pride and joy" doesnt even stay on, and it costs double of what a yin yang intake doest that makes the same amounta power..

I snagged a Weiand though off ebay, otherwise I woulda went the chinese route.

Chinese SBC polished single plane 220
Edelbrock "endurashine" 420 BIG PRICE DIFFERANCE

-stew-
02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
it is quite the double edged sword. consumers buy what is cheap due to the poor economy,and Americans lose more jobs,making the economy worse.

Buyin used parts is very budget friendly. I got a Trick Flow Street Heat upper, lower, one inch spacer and related hardware for $300 to my door. My H/C/I will cost under two grand including all supporting mods (injectors, maf, ect, ect.) Used parts for the win. Cam, lifters, timing chain will be new. The bill for my 13 inch brakes and five lug swap is gonna come in under $1500.

Fuck the chi-coms. I would give my hard earned money to a local guy or another Mustang enthusiast long before some website selling shitty chiniece knock-offs at discount prices.

Stangman98
02-04-2009, 10:39 AM
BUY AMERICAN!!! Look at our economy. Do you want the Asian countries running our aftermarket parts for our AMERICAN cars? Go buy a damn Honda then!