PDA

View Full Version : Why the love for BJ Penn?

Yooformula
01-17-2009, 07:15 PM
What is it exactly that so many swing from this guy? I just dont get it, he is such an arrogant pos with such little class towards his opponents. His attitude towards mma for so long was atrocious too. He never felt he had to train or diet that he was too good for it. Damm his record isnt even that great compared to some others. I will say his ground game is impressive but ever since he held a choke hold past the fight's end caused me to lose whatever respect I could have shit out for him. Then he licked the blood of his opponent from his glove, then after another fight he ws talking shit on his site so bad pe the site crashed from everyone trying to hear his prerecorded bs. I hope GSP absolutely crushes him!

But what is it that others like about him? so many other boards I frequent show such a strong like for him and pick him almost blindly in any fight.

moels
01-17-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't care for the spoiled brat that is BJ Penn.

nismodave
01-17-2009, 11:48 PM
He would whup both your asses,

Yooformula
01-17-2009, 11:49 PM
meh,overrated.

Lash
01-17-2009, 11:58 PM
He's a good fighter.....at 155. GSP is gonna tear him up.

And as for his comments of "Killing GSP"....how does he not get in trouble for that? If I said that to somebody on the street I'd be in jail. He's got a lot of talent....but an even bigger mouth.

T-Bag
01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Penn is a douche simply put.

He doesn't deserve this fight, and I hope he gets crushed

95 TA - The Beast
01-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Actually, Penn licks the blood of ALL his opponents... Been that way ever since he became 'one' with his heritage...

He literally keeps fights going until he draws blood, then he will finish and if he doesn't have blood on his gloves to lick after the fight he will go up to the opponent and swipe his hand to get blood and then licks his hand... It has to do with eating the blood of your opponent allows you to gain thier strength... Again, goes back to his heritage...

He is a good fighter, great stamina and in the past few years has become MUCH better than he ever was prior...

Will be a good fight, but I am way more of a GSP fan than I am a BJ Penn fan, so I want GSP to whoop that Hawaiian ass!!!

Yooformula
01-24-2009, 10:41 PM
not sure about that one. I have only ever seen him do it to sherk, hughes and stevenson. more of an intimidation ploy than anything, I havent seen or read anywhere even on his site about eating their blood as part of heritage. either way, classless imo. Go GSP

Lash
01-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Have you seen BJ's latest antics?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/Story%2000367.html

I hope GSP snaps his neck.

95 TA - The Beast
01-24-2009, 11:09 PM
not sure about that one. I have only ever seen him do it to sherk, hughes and stevenson. more of an intimidation ploy than anything, I havent seen or read anywhere even on his site about eating their blood as part of heritage. either way, classless imo. Go GSP

Go back and watch videos of every win in over 2-3 years... he has done it to every opponent...

T-Bag
01-25-2009, 10:47 AM
If Penn magically wins I'm going to have to hop on the Penn bandwagon...fighters who talk a ton of shit and then back it are awesome.

Until then he's a douche.

Exitspeed
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
I actually don't have a problem with show boating and talking shit. But I can't stand Penn. I liked him for a bit, but the shit he said about GSP on the show on Spike made me loose all respect for him.

His attitude sucks too. It's obvious he's just a spoiled rich kid and thinks he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Adam Brooks
01-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Penn FTW, im serious

Z28Envy
01-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Gsp ftw, im serious!!!

Karps TA
01-31-2009, 05:45 PM
I'm watching the build up crap on Spike, and to be honest, BJ is making me laugh pretty hard. He reminds me of pretty much every Haiwain I've ever met. All the island guys in Vegas, including my roommate, acted just like him.

Yooformula
01-31-2009, 11:39 PM
Penn dead, im serious

:rolf

Lash
01-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Penn FTW, im serious

O'rly

:rolf