Uhhmm...yeah...that was pretty lame :loser

Car Guy
01-16-2009, 10:30 PM
I could have told you that.....:chair:

whistlin six
01-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I could have told you that.....:chair:

Yeah I know.
I wasn't expecting much going into this, but damn.
It's better to watch it on tv.

Got to sniff some alky fumes though:goof

SBC-Fox
01-16-2009, 11:45 PM
lol it was terrible, but my 3 year old niece had fun

whistlin six
01-17-2009, 12:11 AM
lol it was terrible, but my 3 year old niece had fun

Yeah it's fun for the kids.

My Dad brought me to a truck and tractor pull when I was a kid, I'll never forget that. My first taste of horsepower. That was it...I was hooked,
the sounds, the smells, the power....

97z2801ss
01-17-2009, 02:07 AM
What trucks were there Taking my son tommarrow night.

WickedSix
01-17-2009, 03:23 AM
grave digger, captains curse, devastatir, crap forgot other three, don't know y the bad reviews I had fun and am going tomarow again. The last show is always the best cus they go for broke. 2000hp of blown alcohol injected fury :thumbsup

Anakonda69
01-17-2009, 07:43 AM
will be there tonight along with pat and some others. thanks pat. i am looking forward to wings first and foremost though. lol

whistlin six
01-17-2009, 08:11 AM
grave digger, captains curse, devastatir, crap forgot other three, don't know y the bad reviews I had fun and am going tomarow again. The last show is always the best cus they go for broke. 2000hp of blown alcohol injected fury :thumbsup

I can't remember the names of the other three trucks either,
although I was kind of surprised there were only 6 trucks.
I wanted to see the one with the dog ears and tail:headbang

The other problem was the Bradley center is too small for this event.
They had no room to really open up those 2000hp engines.

Mr Twigbert
01-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I was only a click away from buying the tickets but stopped for what ever reason.. Then the next day I talked to a friend who went the last 2 years and he said it is pretty lame.. They only give it gas for like 2 seconds and have to let off because the Bradley center is soo small..

97z2801ss
01-17-2009, 10:48 AM

thanks my son loves 'digger' sick if you tubing videos for him when its not on. I think he'll have fun. :banana1:

Monster mutt is cool (tail and dog ears)

WickedSix
01-17-2009, 12:10 PM
another one there i remembered is FULLBOAR .... but yah for an areana this size 6 is damn good....when I went to arco in california we'd be lucky to have 4 trucks there. If you really want the whole magilla goto vegas for the finale thats the one ALL the crazy highlight videos come from. More locally though truck jamborees in ohio and idiana are badass (and is pretty much the only place you will see BIGFOOT) and then the metrodome in minnapolis is a badass event as well. If you're trying to get kids into stuff TOmah supernational tractor pulls is June21-23 this years I believe. Tons of horsepower fury and since it is two pull tracks side by side it is pretty much constant action :thumbsup

2006wrxtr
01-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I was planning on going when they are in new orleans at the superdome 1/31. What night do they do the freestyle? That is my main interest.

Feature Pony
01-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Anybody remember Big Foot at Ed Witt's Venus ford in there old location or did I just date myself?

lordairgtar
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
^^^yes^^^

Waver
01-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Anybody remember Big Foot at Ed Witt's Venus ford in there old location or did I just date myself?

I remember that.....that was in the 80's early 90's wasnt it?

Side memory.....any one remember the cartoon "Bigfoot and the Monster Machines"?

Feature Pony
01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
I went to monster jam last night, took my 6 year son which he had a blast seeing grave digger roll his truck, and then another truck rolled don't remember the name of it. All in all it was a good time, the big stuff happens in vegas though!!! I think there show in milwaukee was also tamed down do to the 5 year old kid that was killed in TX I believe at a monster jam show

jon_we4
01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Yea, it's totally for the kids - but my wife has never been, so we made a special trip. I was surprised that it was sold out, and very happy that I had ordered the tickets late last year when they announced the date. We were in the 2nd row. My only complaint was the lack of donuts. Oh - and that "Rap Attack" that flipped over, I felt bad ... they dragged the truck all over the place before they could yank it back up.

I remember going to see BigFoot and USA-1 at the Bradley Center when I was very young (4-5 years old). They had a tractor pull for "filler". That was much cooler than "QUAD WARS". Quad wars fixed more than the WWE, so much so that its almost annoying.

I remember seeing BigFoot FASTRAX at some auto parts store by the airport too when I was young.

All in all, its better than when its at the arena. One year it was at Milwaukee Mile and that was interesting.

y2kws6
01-18-2009, 09:16 PM
I also felt bad for Rap attack that flipped. The owner is also the driver and mechanic. I don't think that he had many sponsors at all.

I was there with my 5 & 7 year old, plus all the other cubscouts in pack 101.

Dan

Lash
01-18-2009, 09:22 PM
6 year old killed at Monster Jams in Washington.

http://www.komonews.com/news/37778104.html

Car Guy
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
6 year old killed at Monster Jams in Washington.

http://www.komonews.com/news/37778104.html

:wooo

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T STOP THE SHOW...!!!

When we were down at GLD years ago they shut it down IMMEDIATELY (:thumbsup to GLD) after a photographer was killed by a purple (?) `49 Merc when it rolled over the wall. It was disappointing to say the least but someone (a 6 year old child!) was just killed right in front of 10,000+ people for crying out loud, wow.....:fire :chair:

BlackLightning
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
:wooo

I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY DIDN'T STOP THE SHOW...!!!

When we were down at GLD years ago they shut it down IMMEDIATELY (:thumbsup to GLD) after a photographer was killed by a purple (?) `49 Merc when it rolled over the wall. It was disappointing to say the least but someone (a 6 year old child!) was just killed right in front of 10,000+ people for crying out loud, wow.....:fire :chair:

There is guy on another board who was there and he said no one knew it happened except for people nearby obviously. They also said on the news it was better to keep the show going so they don't have people and cars everywhere preventing the emergency personal from getting there.

I remember when they had monster trucks at state fair which was awesome. They weren't blipping the gas then slamming on the brakes right away due to lack of room. I went to 2 at bradley center and thought it was lame compared to when it was at state fair.

Voodoo Chick
01-18-2009, 11:15 PM
What a horrible accident. I feel so bad for the little kid, and his family. I can only imagine how traumatized the other little kids that witnessed the accident are. Poor little guys.

Car Guy
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM
They also said on the news it was better to keep the show going so they don't have people and cars everywhere preventing the emergency personal from getting there.

I find that to be a lame excuse.....

What a horrible accident. I feel so bad for the little kid, and his family. I can only imagine how traumatized the other little kids that witnessed the accident are. Poor little guys.

I'm pretty sure I would be traumatized too after seeing someone get hit in the head with flywheel traveling at a high rate of speed.....:stare

Voodoo Chick
01-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Oh, no doubt about it......I would probably need counseling if I saw that.....I hate to think just how bad it was for those little ones that saw it happen.

wrath
01-19-2009, 07:21 AM
Silverdome in Michigan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Silverdome)... it's a blast. They used to run the bikes/quads up into the stadium seating. It's friggin' huge and deafening inside.

jon_we4
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
My only complaint was the lack of donuts.

I did not realize that kid died from a part that flew off while I truck was doing donuts. I wonder what type of SFI approved safely equipment they are required to run.

Anakonda69
01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
yeah i need to go see something on a larger scale. it was decent at the bradley though. pissed noone did a donut in the freestyle but oh well.