PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeve - Carpool lane cheaters

PB86MCSS
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't think there is a bigger pet peeve on the road than d-bags who use the carpool lane when they are the only one in the vehicle. I'd say a good percentage of people I see actually use it are these types. What makes them so important that they can't wait like everyone else and follow the rules? Had one just today, in his Volvo, on his cell phone....I can only imagine how this guy acts in the rest of his life too if all of these things/stereotypes are accurate. Cheesedick.

/rant :)

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
First issue is dude in a volvo... forget the carpool lane shit, haha

Voodoo Chick
01-16-2009, 05:07 PM
You know what else pisses me off?? The assholes who go right through the red light on the entrance-ramp when the flow of cars going on the expressway is being metered. That, for some reason, infuriates me.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-16-2009, 05:24 PM
While I follow the law on those traffic control devices I have always found carpool lanes and metered ramps ridiculous.
I always have my child with me so I am always carpooling, what a hoot.

GRAMPS SS
01-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I don't think there is a bigger pet peeve on the road than d-bags who use the carpool lane when they are the only one in the vehicle. I'd say a good percentage of people I see actually use it are these types. What makes them so important that they can't wait like everyone else and follow the rules? Had one just today, in his Volvo, on his cell phone....I can only imagine how this guy acts in the rest of his life too if all of these things/stereotypes are accurate. Cheesedick.

your still in line and he is gone...good enough reason for me...they must be smarter then to wait in line when they can just be the only one in line in the car pool lane...

nismodave
01-16-2009, 05:31 PM
The carpool lane is retarded IMO. Does not encourage carpooling, and causes backups on ramps.

As far as red lights on ramps, if there is nobody on the ramp, who gives a fuck?

PB86MCSS
01-16-2009, 05:41 PM
The red light thing never bothered me, its the I'm-more-important-than-everyone-else idea that I can't stand with regards to carpool jackasses. Blowing a red light on the on ramp doesn't share that mentality....I've blown them when no one is around since its more efficient to just go than stop/start.

your still in line and he is gone...good enough reason for me...they must be smarter then to wait in line when they can just be the only one in line in the car pool lane...

No offense Wayne but what you said is pretty much how they think and annoys me. Wait your ******' turn :) .

Not saying I agree with carpool lanes but don't skip everyone else...its like any line, in a store, wherever. You are not that important. The drivers that do deserve a nutt kick or CP. :durr

Maybe next time I see someone do it I'll just put a pit manuever on them :D .

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
On my list of things to do when I win large lottery:

Sniping carpool lane jumpers for fun.

Poisoning petophiles with cyonide.

Beating the crap outs people who ride the
"exit only lane" until the last second even
though they drove bye 8 signs in 400 ft.

Clubbing eskimos who club little seal's.

Video taping 80% of congress as they lounge
about on tax payers time, in there big homes,
playing with litte kids...not there own.

Long list...what a blast!

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
The carpool lane is retarded IMO. Does not encourage carpooling, and causes backups on ramps.

As far as red lights on ramps, if there is nobody on the ramp, who gives a fuck?

That makes no sense Dave, the lanes are metered for
the amount of cars/bikes entering, 80 seperate lanes
will still only allow a specific amount of cars to enter
the freeway at a time.

Prince Valiant
01-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I wish they extended the carpool privilege to us conscientious Hybrid owners like they do in virtually every other state in the union. We're the ones saving the earth, you know?

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 05:49 PM
I wish they extended the carpool privilege to us conscientious Hybrid owners like they do in virtually every other state in the union. We're the ones saving the earth, you know?

Thats a very good point!

They should extend it to functioning
drunks as well....I need a break too!

nismodave
01-16-2009, 05:55 PM
That makes no sense Dave, the lanes are metered for
the amount of cars/bikes entering, 80 seperate lanes
will still only allow a specific amount of cars to enter
the freeway at a time.

I understand, Russ. But I see ramps that spill onto main streets and clog those.

If people would learn how to merge, and allow people to merge in we wouldnt need to have the lights on the ramp programed so slow.

And Ive seen red lights on ramps when there was nobody on the freeway. I need THAT explained.

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I hate it when people turning left at a light, don't get out into the f-ing intersection and just sit at the stopline so they're the only ones who get to go for that light cycle

VroomPshhTsi
01-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I 100% agree with this thread... there are so many times when I'm driving that I wish I was a cop and this is in my top 3

michelle
01-16-2009, 06:09 PM

Yes! I take 94 east in the morning and then merge onto 45 north and so many people stay in the exit only lane. The center lanes continuing on 94 east are stopped and people think others will let them in, but of course they are blocking the exit lane for nice people like me.

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 06:17 PM
If people would learn how to merge,

And Ive seen red lights on ramps when there was nobody on the freeway. I need THAT explained.

Im afraid people are programmed to be "its my spot and
I'm keeping it", cant stop stupid...makes the rest of us
who actual slow and dim our lights for 52' tractor trailers
to merge look like hero's!

The red light when nobody is there is Milwaukee moving
into the 20th century. Big cities with forward thinking
developers have used load cells on onramps for years now,
the lights are actualy computerized and allow cars on as
it sees fit. There is a transition time in the morning as
traffic pics up were it goes from solid green to solid red,
then to full time meterd. All dictated bye traffic cams and
load cells in the onramps. Im gonna T-vo "how it works"
on a HD channel Dave, good drinking night we can bash
other drivers...cuz we are not them :)

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes! I take 94 east in the morning and then merge onto 45 north and so many people stay in the exit only lane.

Oh my god have I got a real life story's about that...I cant
tell it in print but I will tell it in person should it come up!

I used to make that drive daily, in a 7000# truck ;)
Road rage is a sane person just snapping from an idiot!

Russ Jerome
01-16-2009, 06:25 PM
so many people stay in the exit only lane.

Set up fake signs:
Lane Closed 1000ft, Lane Closed 500ft, ect ect until
finaly no signs and a long ass ramp that sends these
idiots into a death spiral and them and there car land
in a pit of flames!

You send there family a note: We are sorry for your loss,
it seams you "insert family member here" has dies of
stupidity, insurance has been canceled due to there carless
act of ignorance, sincerly WI DOT.

Voodoo Chick
01-16-2009, 07:18 PM

Oh, I don't mean when there's no one on the ramp, when the ramp is empty, yeah, who gives a shit? I mean when the ramp is packed, and everyone is already pissed off as it is, and some asshat decides he or she is WAY more VIP than the rest of us slobs waiting, and just goes on through like they are king (or queen) shit. THAT is what pisses me off. :chair:

Yooformula
01-16-2009, 07:37 PM
On my list of things to do when I win large lottery:

Sniping carpool lane jumpers for fun.

Poisoning petophiles with cyonide.

Clubbing eskimos who club little seal's.

Video taping 80% of congress as they lounge
about on tax payers time, in there big homes,
playing with litte kids...not there own.

Long list...what a blast!

ahaha glad I am not the only one. My lottery list is fugging huge also but involves more dead people...murderers, rapists, pedophiles and crooked politicians and fraudulent companies.:thumbsup

Yeehaw
01-16-2009, 08:35 PM
and whats up with people not knowing the rules of a 4 way stop? seems to be an issue in pewaukee

Voodoo Chick
01-16-2009, 08:47 PM
and whats up with people not knowing the rules of a 4 way stop? seems to be an issue in pewaukee

It's an issue in Greenfield, too.

wrath
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Someone driving the same car for ten years saves more resources.

1320PNY
01-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Unfortunately, that guy got home and check his BCM account before you even logged on an posted. So your whole rant was wasted!

I know where you're coming from, but Milwaukee has minimal "diamond" lanes. Just ride a motorcycle and you can use those lanes too.

Voodoo Chick
01-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Because hybrids grow on trees out of little blossoms, right? They would NEVER be made in a nasty ol' factory, right????.....lol.....

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 09:30 PM
How hard is it to put the year sticker in the lower corner of your plate where it belongs. It's a License plate not a art project, don't decorate it with the stickers scattered all over:goof

PB86MCSS
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Ha. I like how this thread has become a venting tool.

I also get annoyed at the year stickers scattered randomly, but I figure most are done due to losers who steal them or rip off part of license plates to get them. Makes it a little harder but if you do, please scrape off your old ones. I cut an X into mine making it harder for them to steal in one peice. Also, ever notice how many vehicles have expired tags? I've noticed this alot recently and started looking when driving....I've seen many with tags that expired in June, August of this year...even a couple that expired over a year ago and there wasn't an 09' sticker somewhere else on the plate. How do they not get pulled over after 6-8 months? You'd think at some point an officer would of been behind them. But that doesn't compare to carpool lane cheaters.

Haven't seen too many people not pull forward for a left turn so it hasn't annoyed me as much.

GRAMPS SS
01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
i like the fvcking tool that passes you just to get off at the off ramp 500 feet after he/she passes you...wtf...

Got Boost
01-16-2009, 10:56 PM

As far as red lights on ramps, if there is nobody on the ramp, who gives a fuck?Agree 100%

lordairgtar
01-17-2009, 12:25 AM

how do you know there wasn't a midget in the front seat?:goof

1320PNY
01-17-2009, 08:59 AM
i like the fvcking tool that passes you just to get off at the off ramp 500 feet after he/she passes you...wtf...

That's my FAVORITE!

Yeehaw
01-17-2009, 05:40 PM

i usually speed up and block them its nice having a big truck :headbang

DirtyMax
01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm out on the road alot. I could write a f'ing book.

Voodoo Chick
01-17-2009, 11:33 PM
I saw a bumper sticker once that said: "You don't really learn how to swear until you learn how to drive." I find this to be the truth.

PB86MCSS
01-18-2009, 12:10 AM
how do you know there wasn't a midget in the front seat?

I made sure to look closely in case of a small person or child ;) . If I saw someone pop up then I'd have to insert my foot into my mouth I 'spose but I didn't.

88Nightmare
01-18-2009, 01:01 AM
How hard is it to put the year sticker in the lower corner of your plate where it belongs. It's a License plate not a art project, don't decorate it with the stickers scattered all over:goof

fuck yes! I've seen plates with year stickers that go back to 1998

deuceWI
01-19-2009, 10:27 AM

Hybrid drivers should have their own carpool lane. One where they have to stay parked until all the other cars in line clear, that way we reduce emissions. Making normal cars wait more is just worse for the environment.

Also, remember to brake check hybrids. They generate energy when braking thus saving the environment further.

Voodoo Chick
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
^^ Now, now......didn't you hear?? Hybrids are grown on little organic farms, where little kitties and ponies frolic.....they would NEVER be made in a big, bad polluting factory!! So OF COURSE their drivers deserve all kinds of little perks!!! They grow on trees, remember??? No plastics, metals, anything "nasty" has to be melted, or anything like that! :alcoholic

84 Regal
01-19-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't wait for the light because of global warning. If I slow down and stop then go again I am hurting the environment with more co2. Plus why should I have to wait for a light when I get my own lane and traffic is flowing at freeway speed?

70 cutlass 442
01-20-2009, 04:26 PM
car pool lane, the red lights at the end of the on ramp, and emissions testing are all a crock of shitl If you honestly beleive that the red light and car pool lane reduce traffic congestion then you are a moron.

Voodoo Chick
01-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, at least there's no more emissions for pre-'96 cars. My daily car is from '89, so I am very glad she won't have to go through that emissions shit anymore.

Korndogg
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
^^ Now, now......didn't you hear?? Hybrids are grown on little organic farms, where little kitties and ponies frolic.....they would NEVER be made in a big, bad polluting factory!! So OF COURSE their drivers deserve all kinds of little perks!!! They grow on trees, remember??? No plastics, metals, anything "nasty" has to be melted, or anything like that! :alcoholic

Im suprised Chris (prince valliant) hasn't chimed in on this comment yet.

Voodoo Chick
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Im suprised Chris (prince valliant) hasn't chimed in on this comment yet.

Maybe he didn't notice it yet, or maybe he knows I'm just kidding around, lol....

Korndogg
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
rly? no wai!

Prince Valiant
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Im suprised Chris (prince valliant) hasn't chimed in on this comment yet.I will.

I stated I'M saving the earth. Therefore I shouldn't have to wait with all the "common people" on the on ramp. They should build special lanes for me everywhere. I shouldn't have to wait for red lights. HECK, I should get my own highway. I should be absolved from paying all federal, state, and local taxes. My gas should be free.

If everyone in the world was more like me, there wouldn't be ANY problems, pollution, or emmission.

:mad:

Voodoo Chick
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
If I ask really nice, can I use your "special" lanes sometimes, too????

Voodoo Chick
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
rly? no wai!

Way.

LIZMO
01-20-2009, 07:39 PM

that really really irritates me too!

PB86MCSS
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, at least there's no more emissions for pre-'96 cars. My daily car is from '89, so I am very glad she won't have to go through that emissions shit anymore.

Emmissions are so easy to get around I'm surprised if many folks on here actually have their cars go through testing, even newer ones.....even if they run clean and will pass its so easy to get around why bother.

GRAMPS SS
01-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I will.

I stated I'M saving the earth. Therefore I shouldn't have to wait with all the "common people" on the on ramp. They should build special lanes for me everywhere. I shouldn't have to wait for red lights. HECK, I should get my own highway. I should be absolved from paying all federal, state, and local taxes. My gas should be free.

If everyone in the world was more like me, there wouldn't be ANY problems, pollution, or emmission.

:mad:

dammm if that didn't sound like a Santa post....

deuceWI
01-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Motorcycles can use carpool lanes.

One day I'm rolling up the onramp on my bike, and I'm looking in the car in front of me noticing the 1 douchebag driver chilling in my short line when he should be at the back of the cagers line. :stare So I decide to skip him, since I'm on my bike and I'm small I scoot around. By the look on his face :mad: he's a little pissed off, but what you gunna do?

Anyhow, I get to the front of the line after a couple cars roll through and my next 'piss off the douchebag who doesn't belong in the carpool lane' trick comes into play. Turns out my bike doesn't set off the sensors at stoplights including most lights on ramps. I know this, and according to the state of Wisconsin I should consider lights like this to be malfunctioning and first stop and then proceed with caution (basically just run the light.) Normally I do just that, but since captain dickweed in the car behind is in such a hurry I decide to just wait it out for a bit.

After a handful of cars get through in the normal lanes, I figure this guy is just about in the right spot where he should have been to start with. I'm noticing :flipoff2: going on behind me, so I grab a fistful of throttle and away I go!

srt4eh
01-21-2009, 10:22 AM
lol...thats awesome

Adam Brooks
01-21-2009, 03:21 PM

I use car pool lane all the time. Ever since i saw a sheriff deputy on the news talking about, how big of a waste they,how they f up flow of traffic, and how state has been removing them as they get time, I rock them. And $75 ticket at worst.

Doesn't really have much to do w/ anyone being anymore important than anyone else. It's just that i have sht to do and don't want to wait. It'll take the guy 45 min to actually get up to speed on the in the regular lane anyway, no way am i hanging around for that nonsense.

Adam Brooks
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Hybrid drivers should have their own carpool lane. One where they have to stay parked until all the other cars in line clear, that way we reduce emissions. Making normal cars wait more is just worse for the environment.

Also, remember to brake check hybrids. They generate energy when braking thus saving the environment further.

they should also have their own little world where they can all drive their golf carts real slow together, but we've got this financial crisis that we're working on first :thumbsup

mrz28M6
01-21-2009, 03:31 PM
anyone like the idiots that make a wide turn and basically go into your lane to turn the corner in their compact car? wtf

Yeehaw
01-21-2009, 06:39 PM
anyone like the idiots that make a wide turn and basically go into your lane to turn the corner in their compact car? wtf

i hate that BUT people dont try that with me :thumbsup

PB86MCSS
01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Doesn't really have much to do w/ anyone being anymore important than anyone else. It's just that i have sht to do and don't want to wait.

So if someone jumps you in line at the store because they have stuff to do too and don't want to wait, thats ok? ;)

Rocket Power
01-21-2009, 08:10 PM
So if someone jumps you in line at the store because they have stuff to do too and don't want to wait, thats ok? ;)

You should get one of these for the Monte:rolf
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35010

Voodoo Chick
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Today, my pissed-off moment came while I was driving in the far left lane, all of us were doing around 70, when this IDIOT moves into our lane, and for NO reason, just SLAMS on the brakes. Everyone had to absolutely hammer their brakes down to stop, all you heard was the screeching of tires as no less than 7 cars tried to stop in time, and it was real close to being a very ugly pile-up. WHY do people do shit like that????

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-21-2009, 08:23 PM
WHY do people do shit like that????
No uncommon sense ?

Voodoo Chick
01-21-2009, 08:40 PM
But seriously....holy shit....that dumbass almost caused a BAD accident, which would have involved about 7-8 cars......I don't know if maybe he/she was pissed that we were all doing 15-20 over 55, and maybe wanted to force us to slow down, but F***! That ain't the thing to do!!

Yeehaw
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
Today, my pissed-off moment came while I was driving in the far left lane, all of us were doing around 70, when this IDIOT moves into our lane, and for NO reason, just SLAMS on the brakes. Everyone had to absolutely hammer their brakes down to stop, all you heard was the screeching of tires as no less than 7 cars tried to stop in time, and it was real close to being a very ugly pile-up. WHY do people do shit like that????

i had one like this on saturday night coming back from the bowling three mini vans were in front of me and i was doing about 35 no biggy i seen the brakes lights from the vehicle that was in front of the one in front of me so i proceeded to hit the brake pedal when out of no where all three just stop to turn into the bank (must of been turning around lost?) NO TURN SIGNAL AND NO WARNING so here i am in a 7000 lbs truck with the tires locked up missed the caravan buy inches

PB86MCSS
01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
You should get one of these for the Monte
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/...ad.php?t=35010

That would be too much fun.... :D .

Voodoo Chick
01-21-2009, 08:52 PM
i had one like this on saturday night coming back from the bowling three mini vans were in front of me and i was doing about 35 no biggy i seen the brakes lights from the vehicle that was in front of the one in front of me so i proceeded to hit the brake pedal when out of no where all three just stop to turn into the bank (must of been turning around lost?) NO TURN SIGNAL AND NO WARNING so here i am in a 7000 lbs truck with the tires locked up missed the caravan buy inches

Damn......I HATE when shit like that happens. I had a dumbass in a minivan slam on their brakes in front of my Olds last summer, I only had her at about 40, but 40 mph being propelled forward by about 4,300 lbs doesn't like to stop fast.

Adam Brooks
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM

apples and oranges, that would imply there isn't another lane open. but with car pool lane, there is. There's a difference

PB86MCSS
01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok, then there would be another lane open that clearly states it is for business purchases only or something different which you very well know you aren't apart of or supposed to use....thats probably a better comparison than theres two equal lanes open.

It's the thought process I don't understand and will never agree with. I guess arguing it is pointless as we'll never see eye to eye on it. It makes me feel better that most people seem to see it the way I do, so I'm not going crazy :goof .

flyin_blue_egg
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM

my cousin now lives in the houston area. they have car pool lanes, but with one catch. Except there, everynow and then a cop sits at the end and stops random people to make sure they fit the bill, if not you get a ticket. He was telling me that some people go out and buy maniquins to try and cheat. you get caught with that and not only do you get a ticket for not being a try carpool, but i think you get a ticket for obstruction.

Voodoo Chick
01-23-2009, 12:15 PM
my cousin now lives in the houston area. they have car pool lanes, but with one catch. Except there, everynow and then a cop sits at the end and stops random people to make sure they fit the bill, if not you get a ticket. He was telling me that some people go out and buy maniquins to try and cheat. you get caught with that and not only do you get a ticket for not being a try carpool, but i think you get a ticket for obstruction.

Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to get caught with a mannequin in your car in the first place????

lordairgtar
01-23-2009, 04:08 PM
They had those in California years back. Hitch hiking was pretty easy in the LA area. People would pick you up just to have the extra person in the car.

flyin_blue_egg
01-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to get caught with a mannequin in your car in the first place????

not only that but having to explain to anyone why you got the ticket

TheRX7Project
01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
The other day I was stuck in traffic at the Zoo... this guy was getting on, so was a Sheriff right in front of him. He was going to the next exit, the cop was merging in and forced to stop (it was rush hour). This guy decided to pass the cop... ON THE SHOULDER. He got 10ft before he got Berries and Cherries! Dumbass.

Voodoo Chick
01-25-2009, 02:34 AM
not only that but having to explain to anyone why you got the ticket

OMG.....I can't even imagine what kind of excuse would cover that one up!!!! :rolf :rolf :rolf