PDA

View Full Version : BCM Q&A - Got a question? Let BCM answer it for you!

Pages : 1 [2]

That_Guy
01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
why is it people go to a parts store to get parts for their vehicle but cannot tell the counterman what the year make or model is (sorry had a bad ******* day haha)

the parts store guy is also a psychic

Voodoo Chick
01-27-2009, 09:36 PM
the parts store guy is also a psychic

I was behind this dumb woman in line at Autozone, and when the kid behind the counter asked her what engine was in the car, she was like "Uhhhmmmm.........I dunno....." How do you NOT KNOW what engine is in your car!!?? :chair:

SSDude
01-28-2009, 04:58 AM
let them have west allis as well...2 for 1 sale...

If you toss in Menominee Falls and Germantown ya got a deal:banana

Karps TA
01-28-2009, 07:31 AM
What is the employee plus plus pricing on a new Challenger R/T?

jbiscuit
01-28-2009, 07:41 AM
let them have west allis as well...2 for 1 sale...

:stare Why the hate Wayne? State Fair ban ya from World of Wheels? I might not live in a mansion but at least its mine :thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-28-2009, 07:42 AM
What is the employee plus plus pricing on a new Challenger R/T?

$11. Plus tax.

michelle
01-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Why do people always respond to you when you say you aren't having children with "oh, you'll change your mind when you are older"?

That_Guy
01-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Why do people always respond to you when you say you aren't having children with "oh, you'll change your mind when you are older"?

because you will have to change your mind when you make an "opps"

Voodoo Chick
01-28-2009, 10:16 AM

Michelle, I can honestly say if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that, I'd be a rich woman......And when I got married, 11 years ago, everyone thought it was because I was pregnant, even though I told them I was not, they would just smile and nod in this knowing, infuriating way.......imagine their surprise when 9 months later....nothing happened!!!! Even now, they still tell me the "you'll change your mind" spiel.....I'm 33.....I'm pretty sure I'm old enough to have decided, lol!!

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
If you toss in Menominee Falls and Germantown ya got a deal:banana

and Brookfield as a bonus...you got it,...

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 07:45 PM
:stare Why the hate Wayne? State Fair ban ya from World of Wheels? I might not live in a mansion but at least its mine :thumbsup

no hate here j...you must though...what i said was a joke..everyone else can say shit about west allis or anything..but when i do you chime in..and why pon earth would Joe ban me from world of wheels..:confused. Joe has never had a ban on me for the show ever...I DON'T LIVE IN A MANSION AS WELL..I RENT..and i'm sure you'll have a comment on that too....and i have credit card debt, as that to you is just stuipid....i'm in west allis more then you know..i have nothing againt the town...i wouldn't live there..i like where i am...anything else sir...

Voodoo Chick
01-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Easy, now, everyone, let's keep this friendly, lol!!! :)

SSDude
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Who's got the best wings in town?:goof

Ooh ooh i can answer that:thumbsup

Magoo's in Stallis.
Tough guy FTW:headbang

1320PNY
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Magoos FTMFW

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
i thought the best wings were on 76th and silver spring and that's why the south side came to the northside...guess i didn't think that one through..

might have to try this place you speak of...

Myles
01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Old senile people like you wayne are not invited.

GRAMPS SS
01-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Old senile people like you wayne are not invited.

ok...

That_Guy
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
is it true that the trash in cudahy gets taken out more then the women?

Myles
01-28-2009, 10:03 PM

Yes, and the trash is 9 times out of 10 better smelling and looking.

That_Guy
01-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes, and the trash is 9 times out of 10 better smelling and looking.

lol..

i heard a guy say that the other day so i had to ask

jbiscuit
01-29-2009, 07:47 AM
no hate here j...you must though...what i said was a joke..everyone else can say shit about west allis or anything..but when i do you chime in..and why pon earth would Joe ban me from world of wheels..:confused. Joe has never had a ban on me for the show ever...I DON'T LIVE IN A MANSION AS WELL..I RENT..and i'm sure you'll have a comment on that too....and i have credit card debt, as that to you is just stuipid....i'm in west allis more then you know..i have nothing againt the town...i wouldn't live there..i like where i am...anything else sir...

WHOA WHOA....you jabbed on Stallis so I was just giving it back. Its the BCM way. Don't take everything so personal :durr

lordairgtar
01-29-2009, 06:36 PM
$11. Plus tax.
I don't think he was asking about a 1/25th scale model kit.

lordairgtar
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
In Cudahy, trash and wimmin are synonymous.

That_Guy
01-29-2009, 06:56 PM
In Cudahy, trash and wimmin are synonymous.

AHHH IT all makes sense

SSDude
01-30-2009, 05:02 AM
You are a contestant on the game show Let's Make a Deal, and emcee Monty Hall has a game for you to play. On stage are three huge doors, and he informs you that hidden behind one of the three doors is a brand new sports car, behind another is a donkey, and behind another is 400 pounds of bananas. (This may seem obvious, but your goal is to get the car, not the donkey or the bananas.) He asks you to choose one door, and you will win the prize behind that door. You choose, but before he reveals what you have won, Monty reveals what's behind one of the doors you did not pick, and it's not the car. Before revealing what lies behind the remaining two doors, he makes you one final offer: if you wish, you may switch from your choice to the other remaining door. The question is: Should you switch, should you not switch, or does it matter?

jbiscuit
01-30-2009, 07:44 AM
I would go with my gut on that one....go with the first choice. At that point, your odds would be 50/50 anyways so no matter which you choose, your odds would remain the same.

That_Guy
01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I would go with my gut on that one....go with the first choice. At that point, your odds would be 50/50 anyways so no matter which you choose, your odds would remain the same.

keep the door you have and hope its the bananas. i love banana bread :rolf

SSDude
01-30-2009, 04:12 PM
You are a contestant on the game show Let's Make a Deal, and emcee Monty Hall has a game for you to play. On stage are three huge doors, and he informs you that hidden behind one of the three doors is a brand new sports car, behind another is a donkey, and behind another is 400 pounds of bananas. (This may seem obvious, but your goal is to get the car, not the donkey or the bananas.) He asks you to choose one door, and you will win the prize behind that door. You choose, but before he reveals what you have won, Monty reveals what's behind one of the doors you did not pick, and it's not the car. Before revealing what lies behind the remaining two doors, he makes you one final offer: if you wish, you may switch from your choice to the other remaining door. The question is: Should you switch, should you not switch, or does it matter?

1. You should switch. If contestants switch every time, one of
two things happens:
(a) With probability 2/3, the contestant picks a wrong door.
Monty Hall shows the prize behind the other wrong door, and the
contestant switches to the door hiding the car.
(b) With probability 1/3, the contestant picks the right
door, Monty Hall reveals either the donkey or the bananas, and
the contestant switches to the other "zonk" prize.

So, with probability 2/3, the "switch" strategy will elicit the car.

Voodoo Chick
01-30-2009, 04:31 PM
If I already won the car, I'd keep the car. (I'm imagining it to be the type of car I'd like, lol) That would be a good prize, I'd stick with it.

GRAMPS SS
01-30-2009, 04:50 PM
If I already won the car, I'd keep the car. (I'm imagining it to be the type of car I'd like, lol) That would be a good prize, I'd stick with it.

you just want a BAT MOBILE :thumbsup

michelle
05-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Bump!

So I am new to this credit card thing and I wish I didn't have one (I prefer my check card), but need to build credit somehow. Anyways, if I pay online what I use (say the next day or whenever it's posted on the online account), is that making any difference on my credit? Or do I need to wait until I actually get my statement and then pay it? My last statement was $0 because I paid my account before the statement went through and I just want to make sure I am not screwing myself out of a chance to build my credit.

wrath
05-07-2009, 06:36 AM
It doesn't matter. You just need to keep your balance low, not have a late payment, and keep the account open.

Emphasis on keeping the account open. When, due to inactivity, Citi closed all three of my revolving accounts I had since I was 18 (three of my oldest ones) I took a 30 point hit on my credit score. I recovered but it took a while.

michelle
05-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Thanks!

94greenbandit
05-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Yeah just pay on it right away and stay away from paying late

DirtyMax
05-07-2009, 11:08 AM
You need to wait for the statement to post. That's when they report to the bureau. If you just pay it off when you get home from shopping, you're doing nothing more than you would if you used your debit card.

Also, they like it when you pay them some interest every so often. For example, charge $200 and only pay off $100 of it when the bill comes. The next month, the remaining $100 might be $105 with interest, etc. At that point, you could pay it off and/or maybe only pay $50 of that and then pay it off in full the next month.

jbiscuit
05-07-2009, 11:19 AM
exactly what DirtyMax said. You need the statement to post otherwise you are doing nothing. Credit cards are fine to have (in moderation) and are OK to use from time to time. Its when people go nuts and run the balances up to $3-4-5,000 or more and take 11 years to pay it back that its a problem.

Holeshot
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
exactly what DirtyMax said. You need the statement to post otherwise you are doing nothing. Credit cards are fine to have (in moderation) and are OK to use from time to time. Its when people go nuts and run the balances up to $3-4-5,000 or more and take 11 years to pay it back that its a problem.

We have 5 cards all open but only have one with a balance. It has college tuition for both daughters on it. :wow I score just over 800 and have 80k worth of revolving credit. I'm worth more in plastic then real life:rolf:rolf

DirtyMax
05-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Lately, alot of CC companies have been closing your account if they are/have been inactive for a while. They are afraid in these tough times, people are going to run them up and then just declare bankruptcy I guess.

What sucks though is that them doing that hurts your credit score.

Voodoo Chick
05-07-2009, 03:03 PM
I have never had a credit card yet. I would like to attempt having one sometime.

GRAMPS SS
05-07-2009, 10:15 PM
i have a few cards, and so does the wife...(the american way of life )...had one that had 4500.00 used on it,....more to go...didn't take me no 11 years to pay off....payed it off in less then a month...with that they also increased my credit limit on that one card again...so credit card debt is what you make it...not everyone that has thousands on the card are dead beats...always hate towards credit card users...

like Dan...the wife and i are worth more with plastic then real life...:thumbsup

sunny try to get some cards...do you get the pre approved cards in the mail...like Capital One...CITI...send them in or call...if you want credit...just try for it...

PureSound15
05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Lately, alot of CC companies have been closing your account if they are/have been inactive for a while. They are afraid in these tough times, people are going to run them up and then just declare bankruptcy I guess.

What sucks though is that them doing that hurts your credit score.

You're right - it's more common now than ever, but it's because we'd rather take that available credit away from you (which we need to allow for) that you're not using and give it to someone who will put 10k on the card and pay us 9% to use it :)

In all of the credit seminars that I've sat through - even representatives from the credit bureau will explain how available credit helps or hurts a credit score. Some say that lots of cards open but not used will help a score (because you have all of those funds available but are chosing not to use it due to financial stability) and some say it hurts because... why, if you're financially stable enough that you don't need loans, do you need "that much" available at any given time.

It's not as black and white as it seems it should be - but credit reporting can only be compared to a woman - It doesn't matter how familiar you think you are with it - it changes every day and never makes any sense. (period).

VroomPshhTsi
05-08-2009, 11:59 AM
but credit reporting can only be compared to a woman - It doesn't matter how familiar you think you are with it - it changes every day and never makes any sense. (period).

amen

michelle
07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
What's the name of the go-kart place in IL where it's more "extreme" (wear full race suits/helmets)? Thanks!

Car Guy
07-19-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/ :)

jbiscuit
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
what are you listening to?

That_Guy
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
what are you listening to?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5t99bpilCKw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5t99bpilCKw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1320PNY
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
BGktdnrQZvU

nismodave
07-29-2009, 06:36 PM
yre5nBXAxyk

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Hahaha Dave's a thug

1320PNY
07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Hahaha Dave's a thug

Nothing screams Thug like claymation:loser

How about a Rudolph Christmas Special...homie!

0TransAm0
07-29-2009, 07:43 PM
why the fuck do old bitches list there house for sale(been on the market over 600 days) and then get a killer offer(from us) only 10k less than asking price..which is what it was appraised at....and turn us down??? IF YOU DON"T WANT TO SELL IT DON"T PUT IT UP FOR SALE!!!!

STUPID OLD BITCH!!!! /end rant...

why does it have to be so frustrating trying to by a house??
why is it more like work than exciting??

nismodave
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Nothing screams Thug like claymation:loser

How about a Rudolph Christmas Special...homie!

I could honostly give a shit about the video. Its a great song.

Listen to the lyrics.

lordairgtar
07-29-2009, 08:50 PM
It's her right to turn down your offer. If she's in no hurry to sell, why not. That's how the house selling game works. Read Pork's thread on his house hunting adventures. Just because the market is supposedly in the buyer's favor, it does not mean the seller has to let it go for less than they want to get.

pOrk
07-29-2009, 08:58 PM
^ Don't read my threads, they are not happy up until the most recent haha.

Looking for a house is a ton of fun for the first week or two, then all the rediculousness starts and it sucks all the fun / excitement right out of you. Once closing is in the future, the excitement starts up again and it makes it all worth it. I'm only a few days away, and I'm almost as excited as I am nervous.

lordairgtar
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I just wanted to illustrate how long you looked for and how many offers that were turned down before you got one.

michelle
08-13-2009, 08:20 AM
So I am flying down to Atlanta on Sunday and driving a car back up. Is it better to drive with no plates on the car (obviously I will have title and bill of sale), or should I grab some plates off of a car here? The car is a black '96 Taurus SHO and I could grab the plates off my '01 Taurus. I'm not trying to pull a "fast one", I just don't know if it's okay to drive through how many states without plates.

jbiscuit
08-13-2009, 08:25 AM
I'd go no plates...you have something like 48 hours before you are required to have plates before operating on a road shortly after a purchase. If you got pulled over, show the Bill of Sale and explain the situation. I would think that a cop would be understanding. Perhaps try and create "less" attention to the car by not being the fastest one on the freeway etc

94greenbandit
08-13-2009, 08:47 AM
I wouldn't even think about trying to use a plate from another car. Makes it seem like you are trying to pull a fast one. IF you get pulled over just do like Yellow wagon said, show them your paperwork and you should be fine

michelle
08-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Okie dokie! Is there anything exciting to see on the way from Atlanta to Wisconsin? Last time I was in a car to Florida, I was too young to pay attention to anything other then a toy horse I got that would make noises when you push a button. Sadly, it stopped making noises by the time we got to Florida. I must have pushed it a few too many times on the long way down. :goof

-stew-
08-13-2009, 09:43 AM
I would run the plates. A cop only has to look at your car to know it doesn't have plates, he has to run them to know it has the wrong plates. And he has to be able to run an out of state plate. *IF* you do get stopped with the wrong plates, just how him the paper work, and say "In Wisconsin I've always just installed the plate I was transferring on immediately upon purchase." I doubt you would (or even could) get a ticket for a registration violation out of state.

And FTR: I drove my Prelude around here for four months with Ohio plates that were two years old, and I never once got pulled over.

wrath
08-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Run the plates off your car until you get to Wisconsin then remove them.

lordairgtar
08-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Does Georgia have some sort of temp tag for your car like the paper ones here?

michelle
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
How is the area of Milwaukee on 54th/55th street north of Washington Blvd and south of Vine/Lloyd?

Not to live, but job-wise.

Gregor
05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
If your boss drops the f-bomb a 1/2 a dozen times in a meeting is that considered a hostile work environment?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-05-2010, 07:27 PM
If your boss drops the f-bomb a 1/2 a dozen times in a meeting is that considered a hostile work environment?

if he's pissed, than maybe. If not that situation, then he seems ok

Nix
05-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Why is it that the manager of a MLB team has to wear a uni like the rest of the players but in other sports the manager can wear a hoodie that looks like it was trampled in the mud with the arms cut off (Bill B. Patriots).

hrsp
05-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Why is it that the manager of a MLB team has to wear a uni like the rest of the players but in other sports the manager can wear a hoodie that looks like it was trampled in the mud with the arms cut off (Bill B. Patriots).

imagine a nfl coach wearing pads or a nba coach with shorts and a tank top...lol

CATNHAT
05-06-2010, 06:57 AM
In baseball's early days, it was common for managers to play for their teams, Pete Rose played and managed the Reds in the 1980s. It made sense for the manager to dress like a player -- he was one. As the years went by, managers played less often, but the tradition stuck around. It's just as much a tradition as a formal rule.

jbiscuit
05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
They should make Macha where a straight jacket in the dugout. Cuz that guy does some crazy shit sometimes with managing that team!

Nix
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
In baseball's early days, it was common for managers to play for their teams, Pete Rose played and managed the Reds in the 1980s. It made sense for the manager to dress like a player -- he was one. As the years went by, managers played less often, but the tradition stuck around. It's just as much a tradition as a formal rule.

Very interesting, I wasn't aware of that.