PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore and the dems were right....

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I hate to admit it... I really do. But they are ABSOLUTELY positively right! Those left wing nut jobs that like to scare people into submission about the topics they chose to represent only when it benefits them... they were right..

GLOBAL WARMING is 100% TRUE!!!!!!

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp99/rkfdspeed/actchill_600x405.jpg

Got Boost
01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
How true :alcoholicAL doesnt care about anybody hes rich

jbiscuit
01-16-2009, 11:31 AM
82 in sunny SoCal yesterday. Maybe thats what he was referring to?

Stangman98
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
No offense, but does anyone actually understand the concept of Global Warming? It is not just a heat thing! :)
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/globalwarming.html

Myles
01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
No offense, but does anyone actually understand the concept of Global Warming? It is not just a heat thing! :)

does anyone really care? i was really fvcking excited when they said global warming the first time. i was like fuck hot damn! its going to be warm!!! but noooo its all about other bullshit that STILL isnt happening cause its happening to all the other fvcking planets in our fvcking galaxy.

So Al Gore can go fuck himself and all the other fvcking hippies

Car Guy
01-16-2009, 12:14 PM

That would be a big NO! :chair:

Regardless of how cold it is now global warming IS happening, it's a scientific fact that can't be disputed. HOWEVER, what exactly is causing it is an entirely other subject; but I'm thinking it has to do more with the cycle of life opposed to car exhaust.....:rolleyes:

Stangman98
01-16-2009, 12:15 PM
does anyone really care? i was really fvcking excited when they said global warming the first time. i was like fuck hot damn! its going to be warm!!! but noooo its all about other bullshit that STILL isnt happening cause its happening to all the other fvcking planets in our fvcking galaxy.

Now that is about the most educated statement that I have heard in a long time. Are you kidding me, allot of people really care. The reason for the hotter summers, more snow in the winter, colder temps, can all be traced back in my mind to the long terms effects that we as humans have on our planet. Get educated before you go off on some stupid uneducated rant about something that you have no true idea about

Myles
01-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Now that is about the most educated statement that I have heard in a long time. Are you kidding me, allot of people really care. The reason for the hotter summers, more snow in the winter, colder temps, can all be traced back in my mind to the long terms effects that we as humans have on our planet. Get educated before you go off on some stupid uneducated rant about something that you have no true idea about

I still dont see why we should care. And i dont see why i should educate myself on that matter since its a pointless matter and we are going to die anyways.

-stew-
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t103/Grippin762/al_gore_12312.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/OutsiderZX12R/a967_bm.gif

That_Guy
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
That would be a big NO! :chair:

Regardless of how cold it is now global warming IS happening, it's a scientific fact that can't be disputed. HOWEVER, what exactly is causing it is an entirely other subject; but I'm thinking it has to do more with the cycle of life opposed to car exhaust.....:rolleyes:

30 years ago they where talking about global cooling i think they really should make up there minds

Chadwich
01-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Isn’t called climate change now?
And doesn’t climate change every few thousand of years?
The weather man said yesterday that we haven’t seen these types of temperatures in 12years or so.
I don’t get to worked up about this stuff, one more this to get stressed about.

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 12:26 PM
1.) this post was more of a joke.

2.) I seem to recall having a TON more snow when I was younger than what we are getting now. I mean a TON more. We get like 3 storms a year nowadays.

3.) As much as we may as humans be contributing to this, what is the explanation for it in our planet's history(the dramatic rise and fall of temperatures) What caused the ice age and glaciers to form? What caused the time period BEFORE that to be warmer if this "ice age" is the "standard" and what we are living in now is "global warming"

4.) when the average temp has only risen a HALF a degree over the course of the last 30 years, and with all the advancements in technology compared to years past in which we were inducing quite a bit more things that would be a cause of global warming, why such a devastatingly important topic NOW? Just so someone that lost the presidency can stay in the spotlight?

5.) if someone is so concerned about the affects of this phenomenon, then why was the leaders energy bill higher than what, 95% of the other households in his state? And why roll around in some big ass SUV's.

LOCK BOX!!!!

Honestly, I'm not causing a stir, it was just a funny joke that was copy pasted from another site seeing as how FUNNY that map looks with temperatures that low

Myles
01-16-2009, 12:28 PM
global warming has aids

jbiscuit
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
can all be traced back in my mind...

What exactly is a "mind?"

http://www.cerebromente.org.br/n04/editori4_i.htm

Chadwich
01-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Aids has global warming :devil

-stew-
01-16-2009, 12:31 PM
global warming has aids

The white man put AIDS in the poor neighborhoods where global warming lived to keep global warming down.

*fix'd it for ya...

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
now i'm sorry, no matter what side of the fence you are on, stew's post is ******* funny, haha

Myles
01-16-2009, 12:34 PM
The white man put AIDS in the poor neighborhoods where global warming lived to keep global warming down.

*fix'd it for ya...

wtf :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

-stew-
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
now i'm sorry, no matter what side of the fence you are on, stew's post is ******* funny, haha

Allllllll my poasts are funny. Don't get it twisted.:shades

Prince Valiant
01-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Regardless of how cold it is now global warming IS happening, it's a scientific fact that can't be disputed. Actually, some would argued that it occured...and we're now heading toward an ice age. (http://english.pravda.ru/science/earth/106922-earth_ice_age-0)

The reason for the hotter summers, more snow in the winter, colder temps, can all be traced back in my mind to the long terms effects that we as humans have on our planet. Get educated before you go off on some stupid uneducated rant about something that you have no true idea aboutThe irony of this statement is delicious.

Much of what's out there clearly isn't educational...it's propoganda. There is a big difference b/w understanding the VAST dynamics of the climate and all that may affect it subtley or massively, and being able to rattle on about various talking points either way.

Forgive me for being presumptive, but I'm not sure if you'd qualify as "educated" enough to truly have come to a conclusion about global warming. Rather, you've probably settled on an issue because it either agrees with your world-view, or is part of the world view pedaled by those you agree with.

Car Guy
01-16-2009, 01:03 PM
The bottom line IS that global warming (or whatever you want to call it) will most likely not affect our planet for generations to come, but to say it will NEVER affect our planet is just plain ignorant.....:chair:

Feature Pony
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
F*** It!!!!! I'm burning tires in my backyard to stay warm!!!!! F*** Al Gore and the horse he road in on, that F***ing Tree hugger. All he is worried about is his bank roll nothing else. I don't know how he can sleep at night but then again he does put it in Tipper's a$$ to stop some of the pollution. Its one big scam the world would change with us or with out us. FACT!

TraceDaddy
01-16-2009, 02:01 PM
Hasn't global warming been going on for millions of years? If I recall correctly, this state used to be covered by a glacier.

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Its one big scam the world would change with us or with out us. FACT!
True dat.
It was warm, then an Ice age, now they think it's getting warm, but somehow it makes it cold.
It's a load of crap. The earth goes through cycles, and we aren't going to stop it by driving a f***ing Prius. Al Gore found something to make himself relevant and he's sticking to it.

lordairgtar
01-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Climate change is the correct term, I think. It does exist, has existed for millennia. My opinion, after reading different articles and remembering my science classes, is that man has no or little effect on climate change. Outside of the third world crap holes that do not do a thing to clean their environment. (but want to require us to do so according to Kyoto Protocol) Environmental quality has in fact improved in most areas due to tough governmental regulations. I understand that long term effects on the environment are still a problem as in stuff that just won't go away like Mercury and PCBs. Our industry and autos have been getting cleaner. Still a long way to go though. I mean, you don't see the old smog belchers like you did in the 70s (I owned one), most late model cars are rather clean if you keep maintainance up. One of the causes of retro fit emission controls mandated on cars in California resulted not in clean air per se, but the quick break down of engines that had that done to them. What they did (and their plan was brilliant) was remove the vacuum line that went from the distributor to the carburetor and plug the resulting orifices. Then the timing was changed. What this did was remove the ability of the vacuum advance to function and cause the valves to be burnt or the engine to carbon up so bad that rebuilding was too expensive of an option to consider, so the car most likely was junked. Combined with certain refinery's clunker for cash deal (an early carbon credit scam), this reduced the polluters in great numbers. (Can't remember if it was ARCO or Union 76) However, most mechanically savvy car owners would re fit the vacuum line and return the advance to functionality. That is what I did with my 69 Buick.

Nick
01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Global warming is just the start of the next ice age

84 Regal
01-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Just dont fart either they may want to tax us for that.
Shoot Gore and his stupid ideas. We need to take back are country before its too late.

Lets see we are the only Country tring to stop it, but everyone other country could give too sh#ts about it. Beleive what you what from those idiots. Just remember its not there money they are wasting.

it has nothing to do with the hoax global f@ck@ng warming. so thats the new slang for the ice age

http://www.grasstopsusa.com/pelosityranny2.html

Al
01-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I hate to admit it... I really do. But they are ABSOLUTELY positively right! Those left wing nut jobs that like to scare people into submission about the topics they chose to represent only when it benefits them... they were right..

Your an idiot! :punch:

It's +40 fvcking degrees in Fairbanks Alaska! :banana
http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/images/aktrimmed/MaxT1_aktrimmed.png

Feature Pony
01-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Just dont fart either they may want to tax us for that.
Shoot Gore and his stupid ideas. We need to take back are country before its too late.

Lets see we are the only Country tring to stop it, but everyone other country could give too sh#ts about it. Beleive what you what from those idiots. Just remember its not there money they are wasting.

[/url]

The funny thing is these green people are attacking the kids, my son is in first grade and you should see some of the books he brings home about global warming and all of that crap!! The movie Walley is another tree hugger movie to get the kids involved in the global warming. Now I don't mind keeping the world clean I have no problem with that. But someone telling me my carbon foot print is to big, now that when I say it big so I can shove it up your a$$.

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Your an idiot! :punch:

It's +40 fvcking degrees in Fairbanks Alaska! :banana
http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/images/aktrimmed/MaxT1_aktrimmed.png

WOW... that's the best response???

shoooo32
01-16-2009, 04:21 PM
It's a load of crap. The earth goes through cycles, and we aren't going to stop it by driving a f***ing Prius.

x1000000000:thumbsup

hippies can suck on my side pipe.:devil

Crawlin
01-16-2009, 04:25 PM
it's just funny to see how a joke can get people all wound up, hahah

1320PNY
01-16-2009, 04:56 PM

No offense but anybody who uses statistics to prove anything is a tool.

xxsn0blindxx
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm all for global warming, it's too cold up here and it'll get rid of California. I'm going out side and taking the catalytic convertors off the rest of our cars.

Cjburn
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
http://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=173

Get to know this page.

u_say_go
01-16-2009, 06:04 PM
well, this "global warming" is bullshit! If temps are rising and we're all gonna die, why the hell is my gas bill $475 this month!?!?
If you really buy into the whole "save the planet....go green" garbage, you're dillusional. You're responding in the exact manner those assholes want you to.
Cut off the catalytic convertors on your car, run every gas engine you have, spray every aerosol can you have, feed cows baked beans so they fart like a motherf**ker!

SSDude
01-16-2009, 06:38 PM
http://www.friendsofscience.org/index.php?id=173

Get to know this page.

Another good page to keep up with what the looneys are up to http://www.junkscience.com/

Be very vocal!!
Call and email your representatives! It's the only way thing will be changed.

VroomPshhTsi
01-16-2009, 07:07 PM
No offense but anybody who uses statistics to prove anything is a tool.

And the award for dumbest thing said in this thread goes to....

Yooformula
01-16-2009, 07:27 PM
no offense but is everyone just ignoring the fact that the earth has gone through ice age like conditions many times and will continue to do so as well as heating cycles? at its peak the volcanoes that covered the earth put more pollution than humans could EVER do.

Korndogg
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
no offense but is everyone just ignoring the fact that the earth has gone through ice age like conditions many times and will continue to do so as well as heating cycles? at its peak the volcanoes that covered the earth put more pollution than humans could EVER do.

x2.

people don't watch enough discovery channel... I just usually stay out of these threads lol

shoooo32
01-16-2009, 07:38 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb163/shoooo32/spockaintlogical.jpg

84 Regal
01-19-2009, 12:08 PM
The funny thing is these green people are attacking the kids, my son is in first grade and you should see some of the books he brings home about global warming and all of that crap!! The movie Walley is another tree hugger movie to get the kids involved in the global warming. Now I don't mind keeping the world clean I have no problem with that. But someone telling me my carbon foot print is to big, now that when I say it big so I can shove it up your a$$.

I am with you about the schools, I just tell my (17 & 10)2 boys there is no such thing. It is just a trend the earth goes threw. What do you think the carbon footprint is going to be for that thing they call the 44 th?( sorry I can not say his name or consider him to be my president) But it is ok for him to do but we have to watch what we do.

Thanks Mike M.

Voodoo Chick
01-19-2009, 12:32 PM

I agree, 100 %. :thumbsup

WickedSix
01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
its all fluff look into a thermodynamic principle called exergy....the universe is losing usable energy leading to the ultimate demise of life...albeit millions of years from now. Worry more about living in the here and now and not the what if when if bs

Al
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
its all fluff look into a thermodynamic principle called exergy....the universe is losing usable energy leading to the ultimate demise of life...albeit millions of years from now. Worry more about living in the here and now and not the what if when if bs

If you want to use that logic to explain global history, then why did the planet warm up after the last ice age.

Also, if you consider the universe to be a closed system, all energy is conserved. It's just distributed differently.

WickedSix
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
universe is expanding albert and in theory accelrating. when useful thermal energy is degraded to a lower form the total system loses total effective energy. The idea wasnt to explain away global warming in the first place. It was meant to shed light on one of an infinite number of other possibilities, but since your humor seems to me drier than hilary clintons snatch you missed the point

CAMAROJV123
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
whys it so damn cold outside then!

97z2801ss
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
whys it so damn cold outside then!

its warm out your mind is playing a trick on you:goof

Al
01-20-2009, 04:10 AM
universe is expanding albert and in theory accelrating. when useful thermal energy is degraded to a lower form the total system loses total effective energy. The idea wasnt to explain away global warming in the first place. It was meant to shed light on one of an infinite number of other possibilities, but since your humor seems to me drier than hilary clintons snatch you missed the point

But isn't the second derivative of the expansion of the universe negative?

The universe is still a closed system in some books. . .unless the two membranes touch again!
(you would certainly own a pocket protector if you understood that crack!)

Goat Roper
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Man made or not, it is called climate change. Warmer, colder, rain, snow, melting, freezing. Could be natural, could not be, who the hell knows, but the odd folks who get stuck on the "warming" piece are a bit ignorant to the entire situation. "Oh, it's cold out, where is that global warming?"

Pathetic.

Prince Valiant
01-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I tend to agree with those who argue that IF man-made (anthropogenic) global warming WERE real, then there is probably very little that we can do to stop it. By inacting such measures as Kyoto, the reduction in the amount of CO2 (and other greenhouse gases)actually reaching the atmosphere with be virtually insignificant, thus amounting to negligible change...all at a TREMENDOUS cost.

It calls into questions of cost vs benefits...is the potential benefit (nearly nothing) worth the potential cost (potentially devastating)? It appears no. An analogy would be that we could virtually eliminate traffic fatalities by requiring and strictly enforcing that all automobiles are restricted by both law and capabilities of never exceeding 10mph. It's a benefit we all desire, but would never accept the cost of.

I tend to fall in line with the thinking that we're probably better served simply trying to deal with the ramifications of global warming rather than halt it. If it turns out it's NOT man-caused, then all that money would have been wasted, when it could have been better applied elsewhere...if it IS, it's still doubtful that the cost of reducing CO2 would have any benefit, therefore, apply the investments to dealing with the outcomes of GW.

As for me, I'm skeptical...but a healthy skeptic of MMGW. I'm open to the possibilty, but am aware that I don't know enough to come to any sort of conclusion. Arguments of "consensus" as proof of MMGW are specious, as science is NOT determined by consensus. Also, I've seen enough reasonable disagreement and arguements to the contrary to allow me to continue in my skepticism (which again, allows me to continue to be open to MMGW) to realize claims of "consensus" are false (which thus makes me tend to believe there is a little dishonesty there in the argument). To me, saying "well this winter's freezing, therefore there is no GW" is no less asinine than saying "all scientist..." or worse yet, "all real scientist agree that MMGW is real".

Even more, I hate the cynical ad hominin attacks of "Well of COURSE Dr. Soandso doesn't believe in MMGW...he's a shill of the OIL INDUSTRY!"

It's silly and quite frankly, insulting when they use this arguement (likewise, any argument against GW that ignores the use of any reasons or rebuttal but simply says, GW proponents advance what they say "to get billions in research dollars"). Listen, put your case forward as best as you can one way or the other; it IS our money.

ND4SPD
01-20-2009, 04:22 PM
If you've also been paying attention... the European countries that were big proponents of Kyoto are pulling the plug on it because of the impact it'll have on their economies. What REALLY scares me are these scientists proposing terraforming or climate engineering techniques to combat global warming (i.e. releasing sulfur or other particulates into the upper atmosphere to initiate a nuclear winter-like effect). That is the kind of idiocy that will really throw the planet's climate out of whack. There still has been no conclusive evidence that AGW exists... yet we are supposed to plow ahead with fixing it? Come on.

Al
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
All we really need to do to lower sea levels is flood Death Valley.

But think about the time before not just the EPA and catalytic converters. There was a smog issue in LA. There was a time when the Cuyahoga River caught on fire. There was a time when you could not eat the fish from the Milwaukee River.

Voodoo Chick
01-20-2009, 06:13 PM
We're all gonna die anyway.