PDA

View Full Version : Radiator shops/recommendations

PB86MCSS
02-08-2004, 10:27 PM
I asked this before, but I will try again. I have a newer aluminum radiator that my electric fan grazed into, and I would like it repaired. I looked in the yellow book/pages and found 3 places based on location I plan to call. Scottys in Brookfield, A-1 off of 82nd and Lincoln, and A-Mikes off Sunset in Waukesha.

Does anyone have experience with any of them? From what I've found my situation is common on 3rd gen f-bodies and happened with my 3rd gen f-body fan/radiator setup...so hopefully cost isn't a big deal. Just would like to find a place that takes pride in their work, stand behind it and is fair with the price. TIA.

Scales
02-09-2004, 06:20 PM
I had a radiator fixed from Mike's in Waukesha back in the day. It was on my 79' Camaro (sure don't miss that wreck) If I remember right, they were pretty reasonalbly priced, and had a good turn around time. I'd go back again. :thumbsup

(This was about 9 years ago)

PB86MCSS
02-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Went to Mikes in Waukesha to have mine repaired. Was $45 and tax...not too bad. From what it sounded like that is what they generally charge to repair any radiator.

Make sure your electric fans are spaced far enough away from the rad! :).

Scales
02-21-2004, 11:45 AM
Good deal!! :thumbsup