PDA

View Full Version : Moving Stores YAY!!

MoCkiN U
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Well found out this week that I have been transferred to our Gurnee corporate store for VZW so no more kiosk life for me. Its a pay increase and I'll actually hit quota now with that stores performance. I wont be hurt anymore by Circuits failures in business hurting my own traffic.

Plus, with doom pending this Friday for CC I couldnt have gotten out at a better time. At 11am they are announcing whether they got a buyer by the 16th deadline or if they are going into liquidation or not. People here are optimistic as you would think they should be but if they close its OH SHIT!!! What now, Thats a ton of people looking for work

xxtremeteam
01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
congrats nice to hear a little good news

michelle
01-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Congratulations!

Holeshot
01-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Cool Good for you. Free wifi cards for BCM members? LOL

moels
01-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Congratulations!

Yeehaw
01-15-2009, 07:02 PM
congrats dude hope that works out good

MoCkiN U
01-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Cool Good for you. Free wifi cards for BCM members? LOL

actually. Yes! but the service will cost ya :headbang

RanJer
01-15-2009, 07:16 PM

hey... i have vzw, phone is an envy.. if i want to go up to a blackberry, do i have to change the service at all? pay extra for anything special? or can i just pick up a phone, activate it, and away i go..

me = total newb to smartphones/pdas/etc..

Rocket Power
01-15-2009, 07:19 PM

How about 3 years free service:goof
or free data plan on a blackberry:headbang

MoCkiN U
01-15-2009, 09:31 PM
hey... i have vzw, phone is an envy.. if i want to go up to a blackberry, do i have to change the service at all? pay extra for anything special? or can i just pick up a phone, activate it, and away i go..

me = total newb to smartphones/pdas/etc..

you do have to add the $30 minimum data plan as they do use the data network to support voice if you didnt have plan with vzw you would get huge bills of data overage.

MoCkiN U
01-15-2009, 09:32 PM
How about 3 years free service:goof
or free data plan on a blackberry:headbang

if I win lotto everyone gets free service and I aint winnin that shit anytime soon LOL

RanJer
01-15-2009, 09:36 PM
you do have to add the $30 minimum data plan as they do use the data network to support voice if you didnt have plan with vzw you would get huge bills of data overage.

Ouch.. an extra $30/month? Guess I'll stay without the smartphone/pda.. What newer phones do you think are the better ones you have now?

Rocket Power
01-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Ouch.. an extra $30/month? Guess I'll stay without the smartphone/pda.. What newer phones do you think are the better ones you have now?

I'm in th esame boat, I have a env and I want a smartphone, but can't justify an extra$30/month:(

BTW Congrats Mockinu:thumbsup

1320PNY
01-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Well, for you, your wife and your kid I'm glad you dodged that bullit. I'm guessing the whole FIB action will only pad things a bit, so kudos on the promo/raise.

Does this mean you have vacation time? I was thinking that there is a lack of Blue 300HP+ Mach 1s rolling through Greater Milwaukee Area.

When you get some time off after settling in, give me a call and we'll at least go out to eat or something.

lordairgtar
01-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I'm in th esame boat, I have a env and I want a smartphone, but can't justify an extra$30/month:(

BTW Congrats Mockinu:thumbsup
Yeah, the cell phone companies got us by the short hairs. No reason in the world to have to pay all that money just to get a new phone.

Neal Steffek
01-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Pretty sure I called CC going away some time ago and everyone called me crazy.

Neal Steffek
01-16-2009, 12:52 AM
found it.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25398&highlight=Circuit+City

MoCkiN U
01-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Well, for you, your wife and your kid I'm glad you dodged that bullit. I'm guessing the whole FIB action will only pad things a bit, so kudos on the promo/raise.

Does this mean you have vacation time? I was thinking that there is a lack of Blue 300HP+ Mach 1s rolling through Greater Milwaukee Area.

When you get some time off after settling in, give me a call and we'll at least go out to eat or something.

No prob brotha!! sounds like a great time. We are in

As for upgrading. Wait till mid Feb, we have some new products coming thru LG that should be really nice. We are expecting the new voyager to come out (havent seen it yet) and also a brand new style LG phone. If you want a data device and dont want to pay for the data about the single option I have left is the palm centro.

Not a bad little phone either. Does take getting used to with palm programs on it (not windows) but you get what u want without the data commitment and its $50 after rebate

Holeshot
01-16-2009, 06:56 AM
So I heard VZW bought Alltel true? Thats got a mean better job security no? Good luck with your new gig.

ot a bad little phone either. Does take getting used to with palm programs on it (not windows) but you get what u want without the data commitment and its $50 after rebate

I may hit you on this. Im due up in May for new phones. My Envy keeps eating batteries.

RanJer
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
My Envy keeps eating batteries.

My EnV's been alright aside from random freezing.. and shutting off whenever it feels like it.. :chair:

Same with the woman's EnV, it just shuts off all the time. Tried cleaning the battery contacts and making sure it's all snug.. no idea.

The Palm Centro doesn't look too bad but I think I'll take your advice and see what you guys bring out in February.

PB86MCSS
01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Pretty sure I called CC going away some time ago and everyone called me crazy.

I would of agreed with you then. Competition is good so I don't like seeing any business' fail or anything but I used to work for Best Buy back around 02'-05' ish and CC was struggling alot back then, it is/was a matter of time....not sure how its viewed now but back then BB viewed Wal-Mart as its real competitor or for the near future anyway.

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
My EnV's been alright aside from random freezing.. and shutting off whenever it feels like it.. :chair:

Same with the woman's EnV, it just shuts off all the time. Tried cleaning the battery contacts and making sure it's all snug.. no idea.

Mine did that too. Take it in, there is a software up grade that fixes it. Mine last a week on the battery now after a little over a year.
I think it was Mockin U that told me about it back when it was happening

Breecher_7
01-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Ill stick with my Casio Gzone. Thing is an absolute tank. Throw it across the parking lot, throw it at the wall, stomp on it, drop it in a pitcher of beer.... Nothing phases it. Best phone ive ever owned.

Congrats on the promo!!!

94greenbandit
01-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Glad I have a work provided Blackberry

Holeshot
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Guess Ill stop at the VZW store by Southridge and get the update

DirtyMax
01-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Congrats, dude! Company owned stores FTW.

I think I'm going to need to get a VZW phone for work (since it has to be VZW for them to reimburse me for it). I think we have a company plan, etc. but I need to wait and get more info.

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Guess Ill stop at the VZW store by Southridge and get the update

That's where i got mine done, right by Barnes & Noble

Holeshot
01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Just one more reason VZW rocks. I stopped by VZW Store on my way home to check for a software update. I explain to Ralph whats going on with my phone and that I was in last week to buy a battery. I got it fedx ed on Wednesday and I charged it. Same problem. Battery would be at 1/2 power at the end of the day. I give him the phone software is up to date....
He says phones under warranty until April and gives me a brand new Env. transferred my data and said have a great weekend. I have to put in my ring tones and tweak my personal setting but its no big deal. Bit Pim works just fine for that stuff.

Rocket Power
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Cool:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
01-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I sent PMs to peeps who asked me already about data phones thru there but heads up gang!!

At Circuit City based Verizon locations there are phones clearanced down and WONT last!

Treo700wx $9.99
Motorola Q9C $9.99
Samsung Juke Free

All prices are in store prices and no rebates required and all prices do require a 2 year agreement so that means it must be upgrade eligible OR on a new line to get that price

MoCkiN U
01-17-2009, 11:10 AM
Scratch that.

The local store just sent me 4 so I have 6 treos now and 1 motoq9c which either is $9.99 with a 2 year contract. Niether require the data

RanJer
01-17-2009, 11:38 AM
As soon as Amy's out of the shower, we'll be en route! Treo for me.

w00t! Thanks Kelley.. now to just figure out this thing works.. :goof

88Nightmare
01-20-2009, 08:20 AM
kelley was able to hook me up with a Treo as well, its pretty badass. I'm still learning what this thing is capable of. Beats the hell out of my env for sure!

MoCkiN U
01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
HAHA I got the BCM hook ups.

Glad you enjoy fellaz!!

88Nightmare
01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
I was up until 4am last night just trying to figure this thing out. im making progress now, I finally got my pop3 email setup on it :D

RanJer
01-20-2009, 09:48 PM
http://www.newjerseygenerals.net/CoorsLight.jpg

Nick
01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Kelley - I'm glad to hear you got out before the storm could nail you too.

kornholio788
01-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Good to hear about the promo dude. Not gunna lie the first person I thought of when I heard about CC going down was you. Pay raises ftw!!

I find it silly though that they moved you all the way down to Gurnee when there are 2 other Verizon stores not 5 mins from CC lol.

Either way glad to hear it!!! W00T!

MoCkiN U
01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
I could go there bro but I would have had to take several steps down in position to stay closer to home. There werent any manager spots open. Plus with this gurnee location they are building a brand new store that should be done in may and I get to be a part of that so that would be another verizon store I helped bring up with kenosha being the first one so thats a significant resume point.

kornholio788
01-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Ah. Very well put. Well you seem to be very dedicated and obviously know what you are doing. Congrats again as I am sure you will make the best of it. Just glad to see you weren't taken down with CC.