PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change Recommendations?

jon_we4
01-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I'm nearing "that time" on my truck and noticed I was a quart low. Anyone have recommendations on someone to do a quick change for me if I bring oil and a filter?

I didn't want to necessarily go to my normal GM dealer with 0w40 Mobil 1 and filter. I just didn't want it noted that I'm running that weight of oil or that I was a little low on the dipstick.

I normally do it myself and Holeshot even offered up a heated garage to work in. I just do not want to deal with the mess and dumping off the oil somewhere. Not in this weather. Plus I wanted to take the step down to 0w40 to help with cold weather starts.

I know its not rocket science, I just don't want it screwed up.

stenchmiester
01-15-2009, 11:33 AM
well if u lived closer i could do it quick for ya but im all the way in oak creek

88Nightmare
01-15-2009, 11:39 AM
instead of rolling around on the cold wet floor, I had heiser chevy change the oil in the SS. I handed them a box of royal purple and a filter and they got it done in about 30 minutes and it cost less then $15 for the labor. not a bad deal

jon_we4
01-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Man, I just didn't feel like dealing with assholes today. I found a garage online that was on my way home from work. Looked decent and appeared to have trained staff. Well I call an mention its just a quick oil change and that I can do it myself in 10 minutes ... its really easy on this truck. I got a snide remark right back ... "it WILL take 30 minutes, we are not a quick change oil place". He wanted me to show up in 30 min, and I didn't like his attitude so I just said something like how's 4:30? (They close at 6). He just blurted out "oh thats waaaay to late".

Whatever, I get it. But man what a ****.

Maybe I should just bundle up and do it myself.