PDA

View Full Version : SHipping to canada

Trutildeathxxx
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
any suggestions, i have to ship a fairly large box weighing about 100lbs. It is the rear tunnel section of my sled. it will probably measure out to f ftx 2 ft x 1.5ft. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated. i think it would be to large for ups, i cant get a straight answer on usps site.

jon_we4
01-15-2009, 10:49 AM
Bax Global.

Flicktitty
01-15-2009, 11:43 AM
I shipped out a ECU to Canada at the UPS Place in Wauwatosa on bluemound.

or check with a freight place.

Russ Jerome
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
Dont use UPSs calculator for figuring price, walk right in and have it weighed and processed. If you use UPS bring the e-mail of the recipient, there phone number, there favorite color, and know if it is taxable....I love UPS but shipping to Canada may as well be Kuwait to them.

A 44# turbo shipped to Alberta (not to far N of Minnesota) was 48$ calculated and $70+ actual. I've also been told that UPS can hold the part ransom to the reciever if its a gift for a little extra "handeling fee".

Personely I am refusing all Canadian bids in the furture on e-bay, the BS in shipping is'nt worth my time.

jon_we4
01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
100lbs is a little too heavy for UPS, plus they will rape the guy in brokerage fees. Just call up Bax Global. Usually the best price and the right service to take something that weight to Canada.

If the guy could wait till the end of February and he's in Toronto I'd even drive it up. I'm sure wouldn't be the case, but ya never know.

Car Guy
01-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Shipping to Canada = mega PITA.....:flipoff2:

The only advice I can give you is ask ANY/ALL questions you might have before shipping the item, and be sure you fill out EVERYTHING to the 'T'. The second time I shipped an item (alloy wheel) to Canada (something that just had been shipped from Canada) it was held over by customs for some STUPID reason. In the end it all worked out for the good but I must have spent 5 hours on the phone sorting it all out.....:rolleyes:

Goat Roper
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
PM sent

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-15-2009, 01:15 PM
I ship 100 pound chunks of steel via UPS all the time, UPS claims to take up to 170# on a package car, I would love to see them do it. Above 100 I try to ship it common carrier.

PB86MCSS
01-16-2009, 08:33 AM
For small items USPS is fine, costs more but isn't anything more than an additional peice of paper to sign/fill out with basic info. The times I've sold items to Canadians they've told me they prefer USPS too and if you add insurance, even if its only $1, it helps get it there quicker too for some reason.