PDA

View Full Version : I just wanted to share...

michelle
01-14-2009, 05:19 PM
the fact that I have off tomorrow! Have to love a "cold day". (:

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Korndogg
01-14-2009, 05:20 PM
go to hell

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
go to hell

nice Mark

Korndogg
01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
hey, I wanna be nice and warm too damnit.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 05:45 PM
But it's SO cold, there's nothing fun to do!!

Lash
01-14-2009, 05:50 PM
hey, I wanna be nice and warm too damnit.

Are you kidding?!?!?!
You're working inside where it's 55-60* you baby:chair:.

Fitters :rolleyes:

Prince Valiant
01-14-2009, 05:55 PM
That's the benefit of working in a school...poor little Johnny and Jane can't tolerate a wittle cold. No work for me!

Yeehaw
01-14-2009, 06:00 PM
people need auto parts work for me

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 06:02 PM
people need auto parts work for me

Where do you work?

RanJer
01-14-2009, 06:08 PM
That's the benefit of working in a school...poor little Johnny and Jane can't tolerate a wittle cold. No work for me!

So instead of having the kids go to school, and be inside and warm all day. Give them the day off so they can play outside in the snow all day??? Really don't understand that..

I'm sure my work will be open. As long as the Heep starts, work for me.

Prince Valiant
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
So instead of having the kids go to school, and be inside and warm all day. Give them the day off so they can play outside in the snow all day??? Really don't understand that..When the temperatures fall so low it's deemed dangerous/hazardous they'll call school...because roughly 70% of the kids come by bus or walk to school.

In our district, having school woudln't be the worst...most the kids have the required cold weather gear to safely get to and from school...but districts with less afluence/higher rates of poverty (MPS, larger portions of greenfield, west allis, south milwaukee) than greendale, there would be many students in danger trying to get to school.

Our school decides based on what other schools do.

Yeehaw
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Where do you work?

napa in pewaukee

Rocket Power
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't remember being closed for this temp when I was in school in the 70's and 80's. Sissy kids these days. Now me or the wife have to take off, in addition to having to take off the next two f-ing mondays because they don't have enough days off school:flipoff2:

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't remember being closed for this temp when I was in school in the 70's and 80's. Sissy kids these days. Now me or the wife have to take off, in addition to having to take off the next two f-ing mondays because they don't have enough days off school:flipoff2:

All that used to happen when I was a kid was we'd have recess/lunch indoors. School was never cancelled for cold.

moels
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
When the temperatures fall so low it's deemed dangerous/hazardous they'll call school...because roughly 70% of the kids come by bus or walk to school.

In our district, having school woudln't be the worst...most the kids have the required cold weather gear to safely get to and from school...but districts with less afluence/higher rates of poverty (MPS, larger portions of greenfield, west allis, south milwaukee) than greendale, there would be many students in danger trying to get to school.

Stupid ******* parents that can't dress their kids right is more like it. With all the groups that take clothing donations, even the poorest families should be able to get some stuff for their kids to wear.

Al
01-14-2009, 07:27 PM
From what I am hearing, some MPS teachers are angry about school being called off. They want that day in June for summer, not school.

70 cutlass 442
01-14-2009, 08:06 PM

As if all major holidays including a week or more for both xmas and easter along with over 2 months off for summer isnt enough....

62 furious
01-14-2009, 08:26 PM
When the temperatures fall so low it's deemed dangerous/hazardous they'll call school...because roughly 70% of the kids come by bus or walk to school.

my kids never walked to school they always had a ride spoiled little brats:crying

Korndogg
01-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Are you kidding?!?!?!
You're working inside where it's 55-60* you baby:chair:.

Fitters :rolleyes:

I was driving the fork truck for a decent amount of time today. :thumbsup

1320PNY
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Enjoy the day off. I'll go to work where I control the thermostat and don't pay the utilities. 72 and balmy!

67-400
01-14-2009, 09:49 PM

I've been off all week :) but wait, I don't have a job...i'm still looking!! Anyone hiring? This economy SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Holeshot
01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I have off in the afternoon for P.T. My partial torn rotator. Get me out twice a week now.

That_Guy
01-14-2009, 11:10 PM
ive had the last 3 weeks off... and it sounds like its going to be a definite long term thing

GRAMPS SS
01-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I've been off all week :) but wait, I don't have a job...i'm still looking!! Anyone hiring? This economy SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

ALTO SHAM in the FALLS by BEST BUY is hireing...i think at around 10-12 hr....

STANMAN
01-15-2009, 05:58 AM
ALTO SHAM in the FALLS by BEST BUY is hireing...i think at around 10-12 hr....

If anyone wants to apply there, PM me, the HR woman who does all the hiring is a very close personal friend. If I tell her to hire you, you're going to be in as long as your closet doesn't have to many skeletons.

deuceWI
01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
I was late to work this morning because I was watching the morning news waiting to see if work was closed or not and it takes two hours for all the crap on TV to scroll through. By the time it got all the way around, I should have left a long time ago.

I'm joking, I'm never on time anyway, but it's stupid how you can't watch anything because the local stations cover half the screen with crap.

I'm hoping with the change to DTV they move the crap off to a sub-channel, but that makes sense so it probably won't happen.

michelle
01-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Just got an email that students don't have to go to school tomorrow as well, but teachers have to come in for a work day. I guess they get to have a nice 5 day weekend because of MLK, Jr. Day on Monday!

RanJer
01-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I worked today.. Jeep barely wanted to start in the AM, then even worse when I went to leave work. If it's worse tomorrow like they say, I'm not sure the ol' Heep will wake up for me...

xxtremeteam
01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Just got an email that students don't have to go to school tomorrow as well, but teachers have to come in for a work day. I guess they get to have a nice 5 day weekend because of MLK, Jr. Day on Monday!

just remember how fun these cold days off where when your making them up in june instead of doing something then:rolf:rolf:goof

Voodoo Chick
01-15-2009, 08:53 PM

What grade do you teach?

michelle
01-15-2009, 09:07 PM
6th grade math and science. My semester of student teaching ends on the 23rd and then I am substituting while looking for a full-time teaching position.

Voodoo Chick
01-15-2009, 09:15 PM
6th grade math and science. My semester of student teaching ends on the 23rd and then I am substituting while looking for a full-time teaching position.

That must be kinda nice, the kids are old enough to be more focused, but still young enough to be fun.