PDA

View Full Version : ******* craigslist...

-stew-
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Just a little rant/venting...

I call this dude up Sunday night about some mustang parts. He's got a trans and a alternator bracket, price is right, I tel him I'll take them. He says he's got some heads, too. We talk about the heads. I say I'll probably scoop them up, too. So basicly I've offered him ~$500 over the course of a five minute phone call. I say ''Where are you so I can come buy these parts?"

"Um, uh. I'm at a friends in Milwaukee. I can't do it tonight."

He says he lives in Waterford. I don't know about you, but I'll drive from Milwaukee to Waterford to make $500. He works first, I work second. I told him I would try and get a night off of work so we can do this deal. I called him monday night and left a message saying I got Tuesday night off and I still wanted the parts. He never called back. Called a couple times tuesday. no answers, no calls back.

I've noticed this with other dealings on CL and even when I was looking for an apartment. It amazes me the number of people that won't answer the phone or call you back when you are trying to get a hold of them to give them money.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 02:36 PM
WTF? I'd drive a fair distance, and MAKE time to sell whatever the hell it was I was selling. Maybe he never had the parts to begin with? Kinda trying scam people, or something?

Jared
01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Is his name Joe?

-stew-
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Yes, his name is Joe.

Jared
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
He's a good friend of mine I just talked to him and he's been swamped at work working till after 9 the past couple of nights and he's in the process of moving. He said he'd try and give you a call tonight and if he doesn't let me know and Ill set something up to meet up with you to get you the parts.

lordairgtar
01-14-2009, 03:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Brew City Muscle people helping others FTW^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-stew-
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
That would be great. I'm busy too. I work for the DPW and have been working 70+ hour weeks. It take only a minute to call some one. And I wasted a day of vacation....

Jared
01-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Ill tell him to give you a better deal for making you waste a vacation day. Are you free tomorrow during the day? If you are Ill tell him Im gonna come out there and get you the parts.

1320PNY
01-14-2009, 03:55 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^Brew City Muscle people helping others FTW^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I agree. I'm already meeting plenty of helpful people and trying to do the same in return.

lilws6
01-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Is his name Joe?

OMG that was my first question as well i know a joe but the last i heard he was working at saturn in greenfield

Jared
01-14-2009, 04:12 PM
yea thats where he works he's been workin a ton of over time cause he's movin out.

lilws6
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
its about time lol i can't say anything tho i'm happy living at home free rent. as long as i do the chores :goof

Jared
01-14-2009, 05:16 PM
lol living at his house is nice his parents are never there his womans making him move out tho.

badass88gt
01-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I cant see how he made you waste a vacation day? He never said he would meet you that day and then not show up did he?

-stew-
01-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Ill tell him to give you a better deal for making you waste a vacation day. Are you free tomorrow during the day? If you are Ill tell him Im gonna come out there and get you the parts.

I'm I don't think I'll be getting up early enough to make it to Waterford. I just got home from work. PM me you number and I'll give you a call if I get up early. If he works at Saturn of Greenfield I could meet him there on his lunch break. That would be a lot more convenient for me seein as how I live in Bayview.

Jared
01-15-2009, 11:37 AM
Ill talk to him about it when he answers last night he was doin the not answer or call me back to me. Hes gonna get a smack in the head

Ricky Bobby
01-15-2009, 11:42 AM
brad also works at saturn EVIL02SS lmk if u need someone else to hold parts or meet up hes there from like 6 to 3 or sumfin like that

-stew-
01-15-2009, 11:45 AM
That would be great. I'm busy too. I work for the DPW and have been working 70+ hour weeks. It take only a minute to call some one. And I wasted a day of vacation....

I cant see how he made you waste a vacation day? He never said he would meet you that day and then not show up did he?

Reread a persons thread before you try and talk shit.

88Nightmare
01-15-2009, 12:14 PM
its not like you guys agreed to meet up on that way. you took a vacation day hoping for the best.

WickedSix
01-15-2009, 02:45 PM
stupid is as stupid does.....taking time off before you know its for sure ftmfl

badass88gt
01-15-2009, 03:36 PM
LOL, wow.

lilws6
01-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I thought brad was ther 7-3 but your could be correct with the 6 its been a while since i've been up there Brad FTW

1320PNY
01-15-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm taking tomorrow afternoon off. Anybody got something on Craigslist they don't want to sell to me?

-stew-
01-16-2009, 01:03 AM
stupid is as stupid does.....taking time off before you know its for sure ftmfl

Just one of about thirty days off paid a year. For the win.

Z28Envy
01-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Just one of about thirty days off paid a year. For the win.

BALLER!!! Then stop your crying if it's not a big deal to you!

-stew-
01-16-2009, 01:37 AM
BALLER!!! Then stop your crying if it's not a big deal to you!

I'm not cryin' or makin a big deal about it. I just wanna buy some parts and not have to chase after some dude to do it. If he don't want my money I'll spend it with some one else.

-stew-
03-10-2009, 12:37 PM
oh yeah, I'm doin it. bringing this one back from the dead. this time it's a douche buyer. ten emails back and forth him cryin about price, finally we settle and arrange to meet at American in waukesha today at 10:30. does dude show? nope. call, email, or text? nope, nope and nope. Phukin buuuulllllssshhhhhiiitttt... then there was the dude with the driveshaft that. he was an asshole seller who bailed in the middle of the deal....

shit irks me. between this shit, the fuck off cop who did nothing as he witnessed two crimes today, and my useless union protecting the motherphuker that spit at me; i'm a little irate these days.

Nix
03-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Sounds to me like someone spunked in your cheerios this morning. :stare

I also dislike craigslist for many of the above reasons, also for the raghead scammers too.:durr

-stew-
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Sounds to me like someone spunked in your cheerios this morning. :stare

The fat cop talking on his cell phone who watched it run a red light then got behind the celica with no plates and never pulled the car over is the turd the in the bowl that started my day.

97z2801ss
03-10-2009, 08:52 PM
and my useless union protecting the motherphuker that spit at me; i'm a little irate these days.

union hasnt helped anyone except robbing my paycheck and people who are idiots in the first place...

-stew-
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
union hasnt helped anyone except robbing my paycheck and people who are idiots in the first place...

yeah. shitbag spits at me, gets three day suspention. apeals it, paperwork wasn't filled right, he gets his three days back. union shits on me in order to win a fight with management. shit ain't over yet. I'm going to city hall thursday. the fight has only just begun.

lordairgtar
03-11-2009, 12:03 AM
He spits on you? Take out yer crank and piss on him:rolf

URLOZIN
03-11-2009, 06:17 AM
I've gone to meet people atleast 5 or 6 times, for different transactions, and they didn't show up. Even after calling AND talking to them saying...I"m leaving now... People just don't care about other peoples time. I took a day off work to meet someone to buy something. I told him I would give him full price and everything, I was travelling about an hour. He was travelling 15 minutes. Never showed up. Said an emergency came up. I said ok, (being dumb). And we scheduled something for the weekend. Time comes. No show again. Now he won't answer calls, texts, or emails. GRRRR

badass88gt
03-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Dont even get me started on the Union shit. Ours is doing a thorough job of ******* as right now.