PDA

View Full Version : Slow down!

u_say_go
01-14-2009, 12:18 PM
WTF is with people driving like a-holes lately? No idea why they think it's safe to drive 50-60mph in weather like this!!! Blowing and drifting snow, patches of ice everywhere! I just got back from Grafton, went north on 43 and saw 7 cars in the ditch and 2 multiple car accidents between hwy 60 and hwy 33. Two days in a row that there have been numerous multiple car wrecks that shut down sections of the interstate.
Slow the phuck down people! Don't care if you have a big bad truck or SUV with 4-wheel drive, all that means is you can take off fast, doesnt mean you can't go in the ditch.
Phuckin' morons!

rant over

Deggy
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Now do you feel better? :goof

wrath
01-14-2009, 12:53 PM
It wouldn't be an issue if there weren't so many douchebags driving around with bald tires or not paying attention.

If they made it a $500 fine if you get in an accident or collision while on a phone we'd have much safer roads.

u_say_go
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Now do you feel better? :goof

LOL, yes, thanks!

on a positive note, if we continue to have all these accidents, eventually all the shitty drivers will be off the roads cuz their cars will be in the shop.

94greenbandit
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
I am in Cedar Rapids IA right now for business and I have the same issue. I have even seen Semi's in the ditch because they are stupid, plus it doesn't seem like they salted here so it is very icy in some areas

Silver03SRT
01-14-2009, 01:48 PM
Anyone else here take 894 west/45 North to work? My roommate called said he didnt move for like 5 min. Took him an hour and fourty five minutes to get there. Usually takes 25min. I left at 530 this morning and it took me 45 min when its normally 30. I live in franklin and work in menomonee falls. People need to learn to slow down. Slow and steady wins the race.

indyzmike
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
I go that way home from work at 7:00am. Yes, today sucked big time. I decided to take side streets and then gave up. I stopped for breakfast at 84th and National and let the traffic clear out some. It still sucked later. 84th street north to Tosa and Bluemound road eastbound were parking lots.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 02:11 PM
I have been noticing this too, people driving like they think they are invincible. I'm REALLY getting sick of it, and I have seen SO MANY trucks and SUV's smashed on the roadside, in ditches, etc, it's crazy.

Cleveland Dave
01-14-2009, 02:44 PM
i cant stand the people going 25-40 mph when its not that bad...get the fuck out of my way :3gears: :goof

Prince Valiant
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM
It's at that point where salt is very nearly ineffective...on 894 S I was stopped on a mild grade...as soon as I tried to get going, the insight just sat there spinning; black ice was the culprit. Keep in mind that this is WITH winter tires too.

After a couple tries, I was able to slowly pull forward.

TraceDaddy
01-14-2009, 03:38 PM
I can understand slowing down, but damn, when the light turns green GO!!! This morning at the intersection of Layton and Howell, 3 lights in a row, only one car made the left hand turn. And it wasn't because they were spinning,. Their brake lights were still on. Probably on the phone calling work to say they'd be late and weren't paying attention. Shut the hell up and drive.

DirtyMax
01-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Bridges and overpasses are frozen. Salt is not working to melt the ice. It may be helping for traction but nothing more. People still think they are Superman though.

1320PNY
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Our truck driver didn't make it in today, so they asked me to make a few deliveries...:thumbsup

Well, my usual "Ken Block" (drifter) style was in full effect, but I had a dually box truck with 3200lb of 55 gallon drums in it.

I should have taken a short video as Fanatic and I were kicked out about 35% and doing 30MPH down an access road by a plant we delivered to.

Friggin Sweet!!! :headbang

I don't know what all the fuss is about the weather...I'm lovin' it!

shoooo32
01-14-2009, 03:58 PM
On the ride in this morning I was right behind a woman who lost it on 8-94 and tore the whole front of her explorer off on the median. Plastic chunks flew everywhere! She was going way too fast and talking on her phone.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 04:21 PM
If possible, when the weather gets ugly, I just keep my car off the roads, period. Camaros were NEVER meant to be winter cars, and until I can replace her with a beater, she's on VERY restricted duties. It pisses me off so bad, though, when I have no choice but to take the car out, and whatever s**hole is behind us can SEE her wheels spinning, going sideways on the ice/snow, and they still lay on the horn or swerve around like bats out of hell. It's not just rude, it's dangerous. Some cars are so bad in winter they can't do more than 20-25 on the really bad spots, but these d*ckheads still get all pissy. I think they should all just f*** off.

wrath
01-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Some cars are so bad in winter they can't do more than 20-25 on the really bad spots, but these d*ckheads still get all pissy. I think they should all just f*** off.

Do you get upset if you're on a 55mph single lane country road and someone is towing a trailer at 45mph?

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Do you get upset if you're on a 55mph single lane country road and someone is towing a trailer at 45mph?

Nope. I wouldn't want to go real fast if I were towing a trailer either, so I give them room and let them do their thing.

77thor
01-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm sick of people that stay in the LEFT lane and don't move over....
I don't care if you're going the speed limit.... MOVE OVER and let me pass.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
In good, clear, dry weather, I am always the person in the far left lane doing 75.....One of these days, I am going to get the mother of all speeding tickets.

u_say_go
01-14-2009, 04:37 PM
i cant stand the people going 25-40 mph when its not that bad...get the fuck out of my way :3gears: :goof
ditch, meet dave. :rolf

I'm sick of people that stay in the LEFT lane and don't move over....
I don't care if you're going the speed limit.... MOVE OVER and let me pass.

steering wheel broke? go around them. It kind of bothers me too, just givin' ya schit.

shoooo32
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
In good, clear, dry weather, I am always the person in the far left lane doing 75.....One of these days, I am going to get the mother of all speeding tickets.

I do 75.... when its snowing. SLOWER TRAFFIC MOVE RIGHT. :fire

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 06:05 PM
I do 75.... when its snowing. SLOWER TRAFFIC MOVE RIGHT. :fire

I care about my car's well-being way too much to put her at risk in the bad weather.

Yeehaw
01-14-2009, 06:34 PM
i had some guy in a tahoe almost rear end me today he didnt get the point i was losing traction up the hill

from 8-12 i seen 9 cars in the median on hwy 16

Yooformula
01-14-2009, 06:44 PM
This is a sore subject for me. I spend a great deal of the day driving around to dr appt from n-milw to wauk and not only do people drive like asses but damm this is wisconsin you shouldn't have BALD ass tires on your cars, get off the damm phone, stop rubbernecking then plowing into the person in front....and someone explain to me why even 45 wasnt plowed until after 12pm? wtf is that! They worried that they'll tear up more of the roads they didnt fix this summer? I think thats the real reason why salt/sand isnt being dumped like last year. Is this year any different than the last 10 that now salt does work so lets not plow? The only cleared areas I saw were from the tire tracks from the cars and NO sign of plows.

sexist rant: women CANT drive for shit!! I counted 8 accidents and all were women drivers. My wife was getting pissed and pointed out a guy facing the wrong way with his entire back end trashed.. I kindly pointed out the woman driver up the road with the smashed front end that spun him out! Get off of the phucking phone for shits sake. Some dumb chick sideswiped me because she was talking on the phone and speeding. This dumb broad called the sheriff because I wouldnt give her my insurance info.....wasnt my damm fault ahole, I wasnt on the phone!!!!!

Russ Jerome
01-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Snow and ice:
Gods way of weeding out the weak ones and taking
a few inocent bye-standers along the way.

I truly enjoy seeing nasty single car wrecks, nothing
like seeing an idiot crying in pain as they are pulled
from there wreck bleeding...."the car just went out
of control...I dont know what happend".

Your FWD car didnt "spinout", your an idiot and god
has you on his short list...just missed this time :devil

Russ Jerome
01-14-2009, 06:59 PM
How come everyone we know or work with says:
"People cant drive"

So the 98% of retards out there dont know us or
work with us? I'm driving a 1/4 ton Nissan 2wd
pickup, I seam to make it to and from everywhere
on days like today with nothing more than total
confusion on how a Ford Excursion can plant itself
on a median on HWY100 and Greenfield at 7am?

davidrab
01-14-2009, 07:14 PM
I find it funny that people think it's bad enough to go 25mph, but won't put
more than one car length between them and the person in front.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 07:21 PM
Just for the record, not ALL women drive like morons. I do NOT talk on a cell phone, f*ck with the radio, or follow too closely. Nor do I "rubberneck" at all the other idiots. Men AND women drive like total morons in this kind of weather, and some women ( Like ME, for instance) REALLY don't like to get lumped in with the "all women drive like idiots" stigma. There are plenty of men who drive just as bad, or worse, than a lot of women.

Yooformula
01-14-2009, 07:47 PM
not trying to offend ya /\ just an observation. I actually counted the wrecks and drivers lately and MOST are women. Especially the minivan and suvs off the road. Damm near ALWAYS a woman in the driver seat.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 07:53 PM
not trying to offend ya /\ just an observation. I actually counted the wrecks and drivers lately and MOST are women. Especially the minivan and suvs off the road. Damm near ALWAYS a woman in the driver seat.

But we're not ALL like that....I'm not like that. It's bad enough during spring and summer having guys dismiss me as being nothing other than a hood ornament, or them thinking I don't know anything about cars, or how to drive. It gets SO tiring, and so discouraging. I guess the women that drive stupid make it bad for the women like me.

Yooformula
01-14-2009, 07:56 PM
lol if it doesnt apply to you then no biggie. my wife cuts me down everytime I bring it up so its funny now to me.

Reverend Cooper
01-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Um my 4wd truck takes off as fast as it stops with the snows i have on it. some people just need to learn to move the fuck over

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
I try to stick to less-traveled roads. I want to retire this car from winter driving so bad, I feel like I am slowly ruining the car, it's terrible.

shoooo32
01-14-2009, 08:15 PM
^^ you need a daily driver. Something you can take out on days like today and not feel bad. You know, something japanese.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Yeah, just something ugly, but reliable. With a nice heater.

1320PNY
01-14-2009, 08:52 PM
1995 Subaru Legacy 2.5LSI with 168K on the ODO! That's my baby. That's what allows my '06 S197 to get tucked neatly into the carpeted, heated, air filtered stable it rests in now. I love the fact my Winter car has hail damage, bumper damage, and I can drive as fast and as sideways as I want and if someone totals it, I walk away and buy another $1500 car for next year!

Reverend Cooper
01-14-2009, 08:57 PM
the big accident on 45 this morning @ 630 am happend litterally 30 seconds after I went by the traffic cam that recorded it. a couple guys at work showed it to me on the news. I guess it wasn't Jimmy's Mother ******* time

wrath
01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Since Wisconsin is a giant swamp... and they don't properly drain along roads... you have frost heaves... which plows tend to try to remove.

Sometimes I wish I had my 84K10 here. 4wd with lockers front and rear, 235x75 pizza cutter snow tires, 275hp, and 4 wheel disk brakes. Makes Subarus cry on launch. As long as one tire has traction she'll go. I'd probably get in trouble with it here though.

Reverend Cooper
01-14-2009, 09:02 PM
my FJ dessimates all in the snow period.

shoooo32
01-14-2009, 09:27 PM
That's what allows my '06 S197 to get tucked neatly into the carpeted, heated, air filtered stable it rests in now.

carpet in the garage? That's one pampered Mustang. Is it plush, indoor/outdoor, shag? :goof

Rocket Power
01-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Anyone else here take 894 west/45 North to work? My roommate called said he didnt move for like 5 min. Took him an hour and fourty five minutes to get there. Usually takes 25min. I left at 530 this morning and it took me 45 min when its normally 30. I live in franklin and work in menomonee falls. People need to learn to slow down. Slow and steady wins the race.

I was going south at 6 am and saw it was a parking lot. I actually didn' think the roads were bad today on my way from Stallis to Burlington. Till I almost got t-boned from some dude sliding down a sidestreet.

Rocket Power
01-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Since Wisconsin is a giant swamp...
When are you moving back to MI since you hate it here so much?:goof

wrath
01-14-2009, 11:01 PM
When are you moving back to MI since you hate it here so much?:goof

When the Michigan economy turns around... so just about never. :rolf

The UP is one giant swamp also. Lower Michigan is a giant basin, it used to be swamp before it started raising. Can't find any rocks in the entire Lower Peninsula. There are no quarries... just gravel pits.

Wisconsin has so much potential... but it's got tunnel vision... and it's always looking at Chicago.

PS: I don't hate it here. It's just disappointing because it has the opportunity to learn from the rest of the Rustbelt's mistakes.

Cleveland Dave
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
ditch, meet dave. :rolf

:rolf only went into a ditch once that was with my crappy 2 door saturn when i was 17 years old.