PDA

View Full Version : Best place for airline tickets?

BOSS LX
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I am looking for the best place, and price for airline tickets. Thanks for any help.

Crawlin
01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Andy,

we were gonna use Expedia for a trip for Pat Stone(remember from back at Colder's?)

This is the lady that we used and got better than the online stuff

Ann Daniel

Fox world travel. 262.784.6200 x2401

the extension stuff didn't work last time i called

xxsn0blindxx
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Kayak.com searches all the major online sites. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to check the airlines' web site too. There's no one place that always has the best price.

WilliamZ
01-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Expedia.com

DBaumann
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I am looking for the best place, and price for airline tickets. Thanks for any help.

Are you going to flordia for the spring break shootout?

1320PNY
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
What I have found in my travels was that having someone on the ground to help you is key. If you book with Orbitz or Expedia, you get some assistance, but if you have an issue with a ticket, the ticket counters in the airport basically tell you to talk to whomever you booked through.

Other times it is better to go directly with the airline, because if you have to change a flight, you work directly with the ticket counter. Usually the service fees you save from going direct are a wash.

Now if you book a flight with another source and your flight is "provided by" another vendor, like Skywest or some other airline that operates a flight, it's a total cluster.

I would say the largest factor in how you book is where you are flying to and what time of day you will be flying. If you're flying during business hours, by all means use a travel agent. If you are flying redeye, Orbitz calls your phone and updates you with delays and such quite frequently. If you are flying long distances, i.e. overseas, book directly with the airline.

Also, if you fly into airports that are typically run poorly, make sure you travel EARLY. Atlanta is pure hell after 1:30 PM. Chicago sucks after 5PM. Milwaukee closes down early at night, so hoppers to Appleton and other local airports are rough. Going through a hub, Minneapolis.Detroit.StLouis. etc. you will find you need AT LEAST 45 minutes between flights to barely make your connections. I usually leave 65 minutes between flights and have about 10 minutes to spare. Just enough time to buy a beverage and take a leak.

If you have specific trips planned, PM me as I travel about 3 times per month and have used most major airlines and hubs. - Good Luck

BOSS LX
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
Are you going to flordia for the spring break shootout?

You want to go?

BOSS LX
01-14-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks for the help!

xxtremeteam
01-14-2009, 08:13 AM
Andy try usa 3000 its a newer airline and they just started to fly to flordia and had some cheap prices only prob would be you may have to fly out of chicago we used them to goto mexico in dec and was pleased

Jsho13
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/BusinessTravel/Story?id=4519704&page=1

Try this seriously. Just booked tickets last week and ended up saving $200 a ticket from the previous day.

DocDave
01-14-2009, 12:31 PM
In all my travel (I used to do a lot) I have found it easiest to use Expedia or Orbitz to browse prices, then book through the actual airlines website. If you have to change any plans after the fact it is much easier that way. Unless you want to pay a travel agent to get you the tickets, that's probably the least amount of work and you will typically only pay a bit more per ticket.

TransAm12sec
01-14-2009, 03:02 PM
www.bookingbuddy.com to find rates.

Nick
01-14-2009, 04:14 PM
www.sidestep.com