01-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Didn't know these were worth that much.....:stare

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pts/991125233.html

Flicktitty
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
holy fuck

theavenger333
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM
i mean, they're OEM and all, not replacement, but THAT much? good luck with that to that guy

jbiscuit
01-13-2009, 02:42 PM
that might be a bit much but true american made NOS parts bring good money over chinese-made garbage

Voodoo Chick
01-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I had to pay ALOT for the fender for my Camaro, because it was American made, so yeah, I suppose that price is...well......somewhat acceptable.

JC70SS
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
Yeah, the guy who owns them is at Pistol Pete's and Solid Gold with the Champagne Gold 70SS. He may have gotten that 4 yrs ago, but now they are really about $1000 each.

BAD LS1
01-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh you would be suprised! That 68' Camaro we restored had all NOS sheetmetal, nearly 30k in 1/4's, doors, hood, deck lid and fenders.

the stainless trim... yup another 5k for all the stuff that goes around the windows that was still in GM wrappers and needed to be polished from shelf wear.

That is why if you restore a old car now the right way, its easily a 100K investment to do so.

shoooo32
01-13-2009, 03:48 PM
we'll see what the market bears this week at the B-J auction. If you can pick up a super clean car for $35k who's going to give this guy $3500 for fenders?

GRAMPS SS
01-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah, the guy who owns them is at Pistol Pete's and Solid Gold with the Champagne Gold 70SS. He may have gotten that 4 yrs ago, but now they are really about $1000 each.

the guy with short hair and glasses...he restored that car if that's who i think it is...and a true purest will spend that for a restoration.not like you can find them laying around in a barn...

Voodoo Chick
01-13-2009, 10:50 PM
There's also the fact that you get what you pay for.....I spent a hell of a lot on exhaust for my Z28, for example. It was worth every penny. Sounds fantastic, performs fantastic, etc, whereas another individual I know spent $175 on his entire exhaust, including mufflers, hangers, etc. It definately is lacking. I'll willingly pay a higher price for the good stuff.

GRAMPS SS
01-13-2009, 11:05 PM
yep..those are his...emailed him to see if they were his...i think he will get close to 3k for them....someone out there is restoreing a '70 Chevelle SS...they will need them....hell my buddy tim is looking at alum fenders for his '63 Super Stock...you don't what to know what he is paying for them,....that's old school....

HITMAN
01-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Oh you would be suprised! That 68' Camaro we restored had all NOS sheetmetal, nearly 30k in 1/4's, doors, hood, deck lid and fenders.

the stainless trim... yup another 5k for all the stuff that goes around the windows that was still in GM wrappers and needed to be polished from shelf wear.

That is why if you restore a old car now the right way, its easily a 100K investment to do so.

Just tub and narrow the car, chassis it and slam in a 632 Big Chief mill with a couple of kits. Push in the trans-brake button, stall it up to 6000, and put the fucker on the bumper for 400ft. Anyone can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut up a classic and make something truly fun out of it... ;)

nismodave
01-13-2009, 11:11 PM
Just tub and narrow the car, chassis it and slam in a 632 Big Chief mill with a couple of kits. Push in the trans-brake button, stall it up to 6000, and put the fucker on the bumper for 400ft. Anyone can restore a car, it takes a real man to cut up a classic and make something truly fun out of it... ;)

I dunno man, it seems a shame now to do that to those cars anymore. To me at least.:)

This subject would make a good poll.:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
01-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm really torn between the two opinions.....on one hand, modifying them extensively and turning them into wheel-standing monsters is undeniably alluring, but at the same time, they are getting rarer and rarer, so keeping them as they were originally has it's appeal, too.....I dunno.....I want one of each, LOL!!!!

GRAMPS SS
01-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I'm really torn between the two opinions.....on one hand, modifying them extensively and turning them into wheel-standing monsters is undeniably alluring, but at the same time, they are getting rarer and rarer, so keeping them as they were originally has it's appeal, too.....I dunno.....I want one of each, LOL!!!!

i think you should go buy another camaro sunny...and build the shit out of it...then restore the one you have back to stock....

xxtremeteam
01-13-2009, 11:25 PM
I am also torn on this I say save the rare ones, your big block,ss,yenko and other rare brand cars if your goal is to cut up and do a big mod job then find a less rare 6 cyl car, or a plain jane v8 car with little to no rare options

xxtremeteam
01-13-2009, 11:26 PM
i think you should go buy another camaro sunny...and build the shit out of it...then restore the one you have back to stock....

I agree pm me I know of a late 80s camaro rs with a nice body and seized up 305/auto for cheap

HITMAN
01-13-2009, 11:32 PM
AA Super Stock Hemi 'Cudas and Darts run regularly in the 8s and 9s and haven't lost any of their value. Let's put this this way. If the car you have is truly rare, it'll still be that way even if you have a little fun with it. Otherwise it'll be as exciting to own as a Rembrandt painting. Very beautiful to the few that actually get to view it and appreciate what it was... :rolleyes:

Cars were meant to be driven... and high performance cars were meant to be driven HARD.

nismodave
01-13-2009, 11:42 PM
AA Super Stock Hemi 'Cudas and Darts run regularly in the 8s and 9s and haven't lost any of their value. Let's put this this way. If the car you have is truly rare, it'll still be that way even if you have a little fun with it. Otherwise it'll be as exciting to own as a Rembrandt painting. Very beautiful to the few that actually get to view it and appreciate what it was... :rolleyes:

Cars were meant to be driven... and high performance cars were meant to be driven HARD.

Driven hard, yes. Chopped up and raced?? Matter of opinion I guess.

The cars that are worth the most money are the ones with history. Back when they were still rolling off the assembly line. And manufactures were battling, to be king of the 1/4 mile.

Voodoo Chick
01-14-2009, 03:00 AM

My '79 IS built.......I have an '89, too. I eventually intend to see to it that the '89 is built to grand proportions, too. The '79 is actually rather scary, and I will NEVER return her to "stock." A car like that one comes along once in a lifetime, and I'm not the type to let something like her slip away.

SSDude
01-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Dave will eventually get the money for these NOS fenders. Like Tom said someone doing a high end restoration will want the original parts to do it right.

If your inclined to go racing it's easy enough to swap out your rare parts for others and go have some fun. That way you can always return it to original condition. Engines, tranny's and rear ends were stamped with vin numbers and date coded castings. Collectors know whats original and whats being faked. Having all the original parts is where the collector values derived from.

Original 1969 396 Chevelle 4 speed $30000
Same car wrong motor $22000:thumbsup