PDA

View Full Version : Got Heavy Gun Cruiser?

Al
02-07-2004, 06:10 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/feb04/205707.asp

How would you like to see a ship parked in milwaukee? I'm all for it. Unfortuneately, not all agree. Some think that a symbol of those who fought for our nation a half a century ago is bad... sorta like spitting in the face of the guy who saved your parents.

SMS 1
02-07-2004, 06:13 PM
I think that would be totally bitchin. Im all for it! Bring it on . . .

Knyghtmare
02-07-2004, 07:54 PM
I was all for it when they wanted to bring the USS Wisconsin back here. That would have been ever better. Now I believe she has been disassembled and/or is sitting in moth balls. Its a sad thing to see such a beautiful ship, even tho its for war sitting to rot.

HITMAN
02-07-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Knyghtmare
I was all for it when they wanted to bring the USS Wisconsin back here. That would have been ever better. Now I believe she has been disassembled and/or is sitting in moth balls. Its a sad thing to see such a beautiful ship, even tho its for war sitting to rot.

I agree with this one. The USS Wisconsin and the USS Missouri were the last of the Iowa class battleships from WWII. They had even been treated to a high-tech retro fit during RR's tenure in the Oval Office, and served with distinction in the first Gulf War. It's a real shame that they are once again sitting in moth-balls, so far from their namesake states. I say bring the USS Des Moines here, and let the tree-huggers cry in their Perrier.

Knyghtmare
02-08-2004, 03:36 AM
The USS Wisconsin, being the largest battleship in US history, single handedly caused and caught on tape the Iraqies waving the white flag (which is surrender) during the gulf war. I tell you... Had 15'' guns been blowing my **** to pieces I woulda been waving the white flag too...

Al
02-08-2004, 10:40 AM
So, has the wisconsin been scrapped yet? I hope not.