PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using Adobe Dreamweaver?

badass88gt
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
So I got my hands on a copy of Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 and was thinking of playing around with website design, nothing too serious, maybe just try making sites for a couple of buddie's businesses. What do you think of this program, anything you can tell me or recommend I look to go with it? I was gonna maybe go get the Dreamweaver for Dummies book.

I have some computer knowledge but website design is something I have no experience with but I am interested in learning as a hobby. Is this program beginner-friendly?

RanJer
01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
That's all I used when I first started, pretty beginner friendly. Just play around with stuff and try it out.

I ended up just doing everything with html but I used dreamweaver for quite a few basic web pages..

badass88gt
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Is it something I could use to make a website for my Girlfriend's Salon, it would be pretty basic, maybe a front page with about 6-7 different links to other pages?

RanJer
01-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Easily. It's perfectly capable of everything you'd need for that. The harder part is making cool logos/designs for the page with photoshop..

formul8
01-12-2009, 08:21 AM
If you try to do some websites for your buddies business without knowledge of what you are doing or have a creative eye, it will look like it.

I have been using CS3 for a while and still don't have the grasp of Dreamweaver all the well.

DocDave
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I started with Dreamweaver way back when it was still owned by Macromedia. It's a good solid program, but you still should now a thing or two about web design. It's not that hard though, just turn to the web, there are tons of 'how to' sites out there.