PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy a TV, NEED some input.....

Car Guy
01-11-2009, 04:04 PM
If you or someone you know works in the electronics field please let me know.....:thumbsup

I have a location for where I'd like the TV to go but only have so much width to work with; it will be mounted on an area that is only 24" wide (height is NOT an issue). I would like to get the largest screen possible in relation to the space I have to work with. I'm willing to spend the $$$ for something decent but don't need a top of the line model as it’s just a bedroom TV. At this point I'm really looking for opinions on a brand/model in my size range, and also where to buy one if I can't find a 'hookup' anywhere.....:D

Any help is much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :)

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Lord Airgtar, the Doctor of Love sez no TVs in the boudoir!

Car Guy
01-11-2009, 06:00 PM
That is what I would prefer but the wife says different.....:rolleyes:

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 06:14 PM
Oh kaaaaay.:D:D:D:D

1320PNY
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you looking for flat screens? I'm sure by now someone is looking to unload their "small" 24" wide unit. If you're not stoked about spending cash on a TV for the boudoir, maybe you should search the interweb.

Car Guy
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Forgot to mention that I am looking for a flat screen, and my limited knowledge is telling me that a true LCD is what I'll end up with because of the small size. I have looked into buying a used one but most people selling them are asking close to what they are new with the recent drop in prices.....

1320PNY
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
My Step-Father bought one last year. He's a Project Engineer and does hella research on any purchase over $50, so I'm sure he will know "everything" about these. I'll give him a call and post a synopsis.

Car Guy
01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
I did some quick checking on dimensions and it looks like it will be about a 19-26" in size, which is more than fine for what we need.....:headbang

1320PNY
01-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Well, here's the synopsis. The LCD units are more prone to digitizing (showing small squares in the area of fast action) and the Plasmas seem to be better in this area. That being said, I don't even know if they make a smaller plasma. The best thing to do is take your favorite action movie on DVD to the store and ask them to use it to demo the tv. I'm sure a place like Flanners would work with you or even American.

Car Guy
01-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Still looking to buy one and would rather give my business to someone here on BCM opposed to a stranger.....:thumbsup

05caddyext
01-13-2009, 04:31 PM
I bought a 32" plasma around xmas time for my bedroom and I like it alot. Best Buy had it on sale for 477. It's an Insignia and yeah I don't care that it's not a brand name. There are about 4 tv manufacturers in the world they all come off the same lines with different brand names stamped on them. As far as I know the 32" is the smallest plasma you can buy. I have an upconverting dvd player and it says im receiving a 1080p signal to my tv through an HDMI cord. Works very well.