PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac One

Goat Roper
01-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Certainly not very fast :rolf

After the years they put into this you would think it would be a bit more to look at

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/01/cadillac-one_01.jpg

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-11-2009, 08:17 AM
Heh I dont know which engine is worse in terms of longevity & durability, the crappy 6.5 diesel in this or the northstar that usually come in them. Should have had a Town car or 300C, looks 300Cish with a Caddy grile

Should have got a Bradley Vehicle.

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 08:26 AM
What? No DVD player? No video games? No subs and amps? Why does the chauffeur look like Cheney?

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 08:30 AM
You know, that is much like those sheiks have built for themselves in Saudi Arabia. I have a question about the blood bottle. Doesn't that have a relatively short shelf life. They'd have to be suckin' blood every week outa the guy.

Breecher_7
01-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Glass that withstands armor piercing rounds? I dont buy it. Ive never seen glass that can stop a depleted uranium .50bmg round.... Shit goes through INCHES of steel....

Teufelhunden
01-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I agree with Breecher. Heavy arms will still hurt it, but that should stop us from trying.

Prince Valiant
01-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I heard (though it may simply be an urban legend), that once one of the presidential limo's service life is expired, the secret service take them and specifically try to destroy them.

But, the president does get some of the *neatest* toys...Air Force One for starters.

My favorite was the SS United States...envisioned as the "Sea Force One" of it's day, transporting US presidents and dignitaries around the world. Was said to have a max cruising speed of ~ 45+mph (large ship on the high seas, that's impressive!). To this day holds the transatlantic voyage record, both ways...beating the old record by over 10 hours (!!!!). It was also said to be near impervious to fire...using only 2 pieces of real wood (aside from the grand piano, which itself was made from fire-resistant wood). It was also compartmentalized to virtually assure that it could survive any attack, and then speed away from it's attackers.

I'm certain that the 0-60 in 15 sec isn't quite accurate though...despite the vehicles massive weight, i'm sure that schematic doesn't even begin to give us the full capabilities of what that car is capable of.

BAD LS1
01-11-2009, 09:26 AM
wtf is with the anemic 6.5 TD power plant? must have a surplus of those from H1's

Breecher_7
01-11-2009, 09:54 AM
wtf is with the anemic 6.5 TD power plant? must have a surplus of those from H1's

no shit, a 6.6 Dmax would do nicely with some upgrades! :thumbsup

Breecher_7
01-11-2009, 09:56 AM
I heard (though it may simply be an urban legend), that once one of the presidential limo's service life is expired, the secret service take them and specifically try to destroy them.

But, the president does get some of the *neatest* toys...Air Force One for starters.

My favorite was the SS United States...envisioned as the "Sea Force One" of it's day, transporting US presidents and dignitaries around the world. Was said to have a max cruising speed of ~ 45+mph (large ship on the high seas, that's impressive!). To this day holds the transatlantic voyage record, both ways...beating the old record by over 10 hours (!!!!). It was also said to be near impervious to fire...using only 2 pieces of real wood (aside from the grand piano, which itself was made from fire-resistant wood). It was also compartmentalized to virtually assure that it could survive any attack, and then speed away from it's attackers.

I'm certain that the 0-60 in 15 sec isn't quite accurate though...despite the vehicles massive weight, i'm sure that schematic doesn't even begin to give us the full capabilities of what that car is capable of.

If you only had a clue how fast some of the Navy's ships could go. There is a top speed that they tell you, then there is the classified speed of how fast they really go. Some of them bitches can get out of there own way..... I personally dont know exactly how fast they will go as that wasnt my thing but I do know what my GPS was saying aboard some of them and I know what they "claim" for a tops speed...

shoooo32
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
What? No DVD player? No video games? No subs and amps? Why does the chauffeur look like Cheney?

he looks more like dennis hopper. Cheney won't need a job a few weeks from now. He's set to receive 1.5 billion from his blind trust as soon as he leaves office.

That_Guy
01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
Glass that withstands armor piercing rounds? I dont buy it. Ive never seen glass that can stop a depleted uranium .50bmg round.... Shit goes through INCHES of steel....

lol dammit you beat me to it... maybe thats the scenario where they need the quarts of his blood for.

Voodoo Chick
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Oh, it's very ugly.

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
The limo will most likely have Escalade headlights and CTS tail lights. The fender flares are similar to GMs trucks and the car has the corporate Caddy grille. Most likely the chassis will be a medium duty truck frame.

pOrk
01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
I heard Obama is fitting it with a lift kit and some massive 28" wheels. Bling Blau

lordairgtar
01-11-2009, 11:18 PM
I suppose the doors are too heavy to be Lambo style

That_Guy
01-11-2009, 11:29 PM
I suppose the doors are too heavy to be Lambo style

thats what hydrolics are for.. just hit the switch and up they go