PDA

View Full Version : Need some custom exhaust work

murdoc158
01-09-2009, 04:07 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a 3" downpipe for my WRX. The only problem I have is that the stock exhaust is 2.5". The 3" downpipe also has a flat 2-bolt flange and the part it bolts up to (the midpipe) has a 2-bolt donut flange. Idealy I'd like to get a small flex section welded onto the midpipe as well. Can anyone recommend a shop that could do this? The closer to West Bend the better as I'm sure the car will be quite loud with that kind of exhaust leak. TIA.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm thinking about picking up a 3" downpipe for my WRX. The only problem I have is that the stock exhaust is 2.5". The 3" downpipe also has a flat 2-bolt flange and the part it bolts up to (the midpipe) has a 2-bolt donut flange. Idealy I'd like to get a small flex section welded onto the midpipe as well. Can anyone recommend a shop that could do this? The closer to West Bend the better as I'm sure the car will be quite loud with that kind of exhaust leak. TIA.

Being from West Bend also, i reccomend Lifetime Exhaust on the corner of Main and Hawthorn. They are kiddie-corner from Dominoes. I've had work done there and they have reasonable prices. :headbang

Silver86
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Being from West Bend also, i reccomend Lifetime Exhaust on the corner of Main and Hawthorn. They are kiddie-corner from Dominoes. I've had work done there and they have reasonable prices. :headbang

i dont think he does custom work anymore though..

murdoc158
01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Yeah I called him before I posted this. He seemed a bit "scared" when I told him what I would want him to do. It might be a viable option, but he wanted to see everything before he would give me a solid yes/no. Problem is I don't really want to get this downpipe if I can't find anybody to install it.

Poncho
01-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Yea, he is ******* cheap as hell! Also D&D in Hartford is SUPER reasonable and will do whatever. Tell them the person w/ the blue '05 gto recommended you to go there.