PDA

View Full Version : BCM Event at GLD...

JMG853
01-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Just checking to see if any of you are interested in a BCM event at GLD. What this would comprise of is a combination of old muscle cars, hot rods, rat rods, new muscle and exotics - Car show and if anyone wants to track their car, they could (At their own risk). I have brought this up with Yoo as well, some I am just checking now with all of you to see if there is an interest.

Maybe charge a minimal fee to enter ($5) and give that to the BCM to offset costs of the forum.

The date I am thinking is in May 2009.

Let me know your thoughts and if you guys would be interested.

Joel G

srt4eh
01-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I'd show up and run a few times....and of course check out the show.

Josepy
01-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Just checking to see if any of you are interested in a BCM event at GLD. What this would comprise of is a combination of old muscle cars, hot rods, rat rods, new muscle and exotics - Car show and if anyone wants to track their car, they could (At their own risk). I have brought this up with Yoo as well, some I am just checking now with all of you to see if there is an interest.

Maybe charge a minimal fee to enter ($5) and give that to the BCM to offset costs of the forum.

The date I am thinking is in May 2009.

Let me know your thoughts and if you guys would be interested.

Joel G

They had a BCM day last year.

nismodave
01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
BCM generally sets up events during the year.

A BCM day at GLD would be set up by the members who are directly involved with our sponsor, Great Lakes Dragway.

JMG853
01-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Guys -

This is also tied in with other companies. So it would be more than just the BCM. Their is already a radio station involved, etc.

I figured that the forum has events there and that is great.

What I am talking about is something a bit different and with a lot more media. If that is something you guys are interested in, excellent. If not, no harm, no foul. Just asking...

JG

nismodave
01-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Guys -

This is also tied in with other companies. So it would be more than just the BCM. Their is already a radio station involved, etc.

I figured that the forum has events there and that is great.

What I am talking about is something a bit different and with a lot more media. If that is something you guys are interested in, excellent. If not, no harm, no foul. Just asking...

JG

So its not exactly a BCM day. You are looking for BCMs support for your own event. Maybe you could say that from the get go.

LIZMO
01-09-2009, 09:39 AM
ill go as long as my car doesnt break down on the way there like last time :(

JMG853
01-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Dave -

It is, along with other companies as I stated above.

All of the proceeds would go to BCM to help offset forum costs, not to the other companies.

I thought I made that clear, but maybe I was mistaken...

Joel G

So its not exactly a BCM day. You are looking for BCMs support for your own event. Maybe you could say that from the get go.

Waver
01-09-2009, 09:51 AM
I would be interested in doing somthing like this....It would give the club some positive pr in my opinion.....hell if the bcm vinal stickers ever get done, I would love to sport on on my car when I do the powertour. Any positive thing the community could help for our own events, like if we do the bcm car show again.

FANAT1C
01-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Joel,
Great idea and suggestion! I'm all for it. I should have the new project completed by then to run. Hopefully I can get it painted also. I know I have fun at the events you organize. Good times!
-Jason

JMG853
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Dave -

I have to ask you - If I am willing to give all of the proceeds to BCM and make this show big, donate my time and contacts, why would you even make such a post? I do not get compensated in any way from this...

I offered this up to BCM to help offset forum costs. If I did something wrong, please mods, let me know. I thought what I was doing was in good faith.

If you are not interested in coming, that is fine. Others may have interest and want to have some fun.

JG

Waver
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
Joel,
Great idea and suggestion! I'm all for it. I should have the new project completed by then to run. Hopefully I can get it painted also. I know I have fun at the events you organize. Good times!
-Jason

holy shit, Jason makes his evey 6 month post lol

FANAT1C
01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
holy shit, Jason makes his evey 6 month post lol

I thought it was about that time again. :P lol

How have you been? I know there's a lot new with you, shoot me a pm.

juicedimpss
01-09-2009, 10:23 AM
whats is a gld?

scaleracer
01-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah you spread news about the event so other people (not members) will come to test and tune since it's cheaper...

JMG853
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
Really...

I have a meeting with GLD with the hot rod radio in two weeks, let me see if I can get you a better deal.

BTW - The admission of $5 was for the show, to track your car, I am sure you will have to pay GLD. Thus everyone would pay the $5 and it could go to the forum. I can make sure non-members pay the standard rate to track their car.

The question is, how can you get GLD a list of who is a member and who is not. That is all we will need.

If you have other ideas on how to make this better, please let me know.

Thanks for your note.

Best Regards,

Joel G

Yeah you spread news about the event so other people (not members) will come to test and tune since it's cheaper...

Waver
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Joel, the easiest way to do this is to eighter have people pre pay you for the car show or have a list of those who are going with their real names.

Flicktitty
01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Joel, the easiest way to do this is to eighter have people pre pay you for the car show or have a list of those who are going with their real names.

Yeap, thats a good way of doing it.

Breecher_7
01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
BCM day at GLD was a blast last year. I would definitly attend again.

JMG853
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Good idea -

I think we should have them prepay BCM, both for registration and in addtion for the trakc. Then just put their name on the list.

That seems pretty easy.

Good idea

Mr Twigbert
01-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Dave -

It is, along with other companies as I stated above.

All of the proceeds would go to BCM to help offset forum costs, not to the other companies.

I thought I made that clear, but maybe I was mistaken...

Joel G

Dave has mood swings.. Similar to a females cycles.. It's normal..

nismodave
01-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Its been discussed via PM, Twig.

I look forward to the event.

Daytonapacecar959
01-09-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm in,need to get a few passes in before i go to the Pinks allout event at US131,will also be interested in decals for that event.

Voodoo Chick
01-09-2009, 11:10 PM
I think this sounds like a really cool idea. I would definately go.

Yooformula
01-09-2009, 11:30 PM
This sounds like a good event. Will there be a handicap lane?lol j/k I hope to be able to run by then.

*SNOOP*
01-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I will be there fo sho!!!

Mustang Muscle
01-10-2009, 03:34 PM
This sounds sweet. I'll Go.

Greg@GLD
01-18-2009, 12:03 PM
Joel, your events are always well planned and I have had a great time myself taking part in them. if I can assist you in any way with this, do not hesitate to contact me!

~Greg

240nspec
02-04-2009, 11:57 AM
im down, bcm day was a blast last year.

hey flick, maybe we can actually run this year? I'm sure your hatch can run a good enough base number to use for your coupe build ;)

SSLEVO
02-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Put me on the list. Maybe this time i can actually row the shitty transmission Mitsu gave me.