PDA

View Full Version : Geico vs Time Warner

OxmanWI
01-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Comparing customer service between the two:

You know it’s funny I called Gieco insurance today and the customer service is (always has been) a treat…like a ice cream Sunday. They thank you for your business, thank you for your military service, call you darling, ask you how the Wisconsin weather is and I love the southern accent. I love my Gieco car insurance so much I’m going to have sex with my next paper bill that comes in the mail.

Then…..I called Time Warner Cable and there service is like…well how can I put this? Like someone holding me down and shitting in my mouth! First they hung up on me, call back and got this women with a ******* ghetto attitude like I owe her some money and why are you calling me. I’m so pissed I’m going to call Geico back and just talk with one of the southern ladies.

FUCK Time Warner! :flipoff2:

Korndogg
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
makes me want to call geico just to start a conversation with someone nice for a change haha

Yeehaw
01-08-2009, 08:51 PM
but but geico doesnt have cable

Holeshot
01-08-2009, 08:56 PM

So the gecko watches satellite to ? :rolf

Rocket Power
01-08-2009, 08:57 PM

He wants to give Geico his cable:rolf

OxmanWI
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
I was compairing both of there customer service

and yes Geico can have free cable.

Car Guy
01-08-2009, 08:59 PM
And I thought I was the only one that had experienced something like that with Time Warner.....:)

WhatsADSM
01-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Time Warner.. The only one with worse customer service than AT&T :rolf

DirtyMax
01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm about to call that little lizard after what Am Fam did to me this last renewal period... :flipoff2:

Car Guy
01-08-2009, 09:23 PM
I'm about to call that little lizard after what Am Fam did to me this last renewal period... :flipoff2:

Please tell.....:)

DirtyMax
01-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Ok you asked.....

Since I have been 18, I've been insuring anywhere from a minimum of 2 and up to 5 vehicles with them at any given time. I also insure an ATV (was 3 until recently), a boat, an RV, and whatever houses I've ever owned with them as well. It was all on a combined invoice so I only have to pay one bill. I never once had a claim and also have not gotten so much as a seat belt ticket in nearly 10 years.

Over the summer, we lost our RV due to a flood. They had to pay out a $7K claim. Ok, shit happens, flood wasn't my fault.

December renewal time comes and my premuims on everything have gone up like 50%. And the kicker is I am actually insuring less with them than ever before. I still insure enough to qualify for the multiple vehicle discounts, home and auto discounts, etc. so that's not the reason. They just flat out raised the premiums on each and every thing I still insure with them for no reason. I can understand incremental inflation increases but not 50% item-for-item.

I estimate that in 13+ years, I've probably paid them in the neighborhood of $30K in premuims all without ever needing a red cent from them. So for them to jack my rates because personal property got flooded, an act of God the last time I checked, kind of hits a nerve. I could see if I was wasted and t-boned a Bentley and paralyzed its driver or something and they had to pay out $1 million dollars on a claim but seriously. You'd think they'd realize that despite a recent claim, I have still been a very profitable customer to them. I guess computers don't think that way though. I called my agent a few weeks ago and inquired calmly (when I should have raised a holy shit fit truthfully), she said she'd get back to me. I still haven't heard back yet which in itself pisses me off.

Does that paint a picture?... :chair:

SSDude
01-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Try the Allstate guy on hy100 & Beloit. Mark Riches 546-4550. I got burned by African Family a while back. Allstate had a great deal for us. whe got the monthly billing on one statement.

xxsn0blindxx
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I've never understood why Time Warner gets such a bad rap for their customer service, I've never had a problem. All of the times I've had to call them the people have been friendly and as helpful as possible. Being in customer service myself, I make sure to always be polite when I call and have my shit together and make sure that the problem is not on my end. When I talk to them I let them know right away that I removed my router from the equation and tried multiple computers, tried resetting the modem, etc. I've always found that this gets good results. Not that I'm saying this is the case for anybody here, but a lot of people get frustrated and take it out on the customer service rep. before they even get a chance to fix things. In most cases there is a lack of understanding of the problem and unwillingness to cooperate. This almost never gets good results.

moels
01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
I have to say that I've never had a problem with TW either. They always take care of me when I call and are polite about it.

Silver86
01-09-2009, 05:50 AM
+3

i have also never had a problem with TW and their customer service.

michelle
01-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Ok you asked.....

Since I have been 18, I've been insuring anywhere from a minimum of 2 and up to 5 vehicles with them at any given time. I also insure an ATV (was 3 until recently), a boat, an RV, and whatever houses I've ever owned with them as well. It was all on a combined invoice so I only have to pay one bill. I never once had a claim and also have not gotten so much as a seat belt ticket in nearly 10 years.

Over the summer, we lost our RV due to a flood. They had to pay out a $7K claim. Ok, shit happens, flood wasn't my fault.

December renewal time comes and my premuims on everything have gone up like 50%. And the kicker is I am actually insuring less with them than ever before. I still insure enough to qualify for the multiple vehicle discounts, home and auto discounts, etc. so that's not the reason. They just flat out raised the premiums on each and every thing I still insure with them for no reason. I can understand incremental inflation increases but not 50% item-for-item.

I estimate that in 13+ years, I've probably paid them in the neighborhood of $30K in premuims all without ever needing a red cent from them. So for them to jack my rates because personal property got flooded, an act of God the last time I checked, kind of hits a nerve. I could see if I was wasted and t-boned a Bentley and paralyzed its driver or something and they had to pay out $1 million dollars on a claim but seriously. You'd think they'd realize that despite a recent claim, I have still been a very profitable customer to them. I guess computers don't think that way though. I called my agent a few weeks ago and inquired calmly (when I should have raised a holy shit fit truthfully), she said she'd get back to me. I still haven't heard back yet which in itself pisses me off.

Does that paint a picture?... :chair:

My December bill was much higher then it normally has been. It's been steadily going down since I got my own insurance with them at 17 years old. Nothing has changed - no claims, my car is still worth crap, and my driving record is clean. I'll be looking around soon too. Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

Waver
01-09-2009, 06:03 AM
see that is why I like the independant agent that I have.....every time a renewal comes up he checks to swee if I am still geting the better rate, and if not, calls me up to see if I wnat to switch....

Silver350
01-09-2009, 06:51 AM
Hahaha I called Geico yesterday to get a quote for my auto insurance. Very polite customer service how ever I dont think their quote was accurate seeing they didnt ask me a lot of questions reguarding what kind of coverage I wanted or needed.

DocDave
01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Good to know I am not alone with getting rude customer service from Time Warner. I have been having digital cable problems and I am not looking forward to calling to complain about it.

OxmanWI
01-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I've never understood why Time Warner gets such a bad rap for their customer service, I've never had a problem. All of the times I've had to call them the people have been friendly and as helpful as possible. Being in customer service myself, I make sure to always be polite when I call and have my shit together and make sure that the problem is not on my end. When I talk to them I let them know right away that I removed my router from the equation and tried multiple computers, tried resetting the modem, etc. I've always found that this gets good results. Not that I'm saying this is the case for anybody here, but a lot of people get frustrated and take it out on the customer service rep. before they even get a chance to fix things. In most cases there is a lack of understanding of the problem and unwillingness to cooperate. This almost never gets good results.

I have to say that I've never had a problem with TW either. They always take care of me when I call and are polite about it.

+3

i have also never had a problem with TW and their customer service.

Don't get me wrong I didn't have a attitude when I called, I'm always very polite and understanding with any telemarketer. I used to be a telemarketer years back so I know what is involved with the business. But I'd say half of the time I call Time Warner I always seem to get a bad apple. She was loud with me, gave me a attitude and was not professional at all. When I had Road Runner problems the tech support has always been very professional and I've never and issues with them.

Silver86
01-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't get me wrong I didn't have a attitude when I called, I'm always very polite and understanding with any telemarketer. I used to be a telemarketer years back so I know what is involved with the business. But I'd say half of the time I call Time Warner I always seem to get a bad apple. She was loud with me, gave me a attitude and was not professional at all. When I had Road Runner problems the tech support has always been very professional and I've never and issues with them.

why didnt you ask to talk to her super?

OxmanWI
01-09-2009, 03:17 PM
I don't know, but if I would have asked maybe she would have just hung up on me. lol!