PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket stereo Questions

03CVLX
01-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok, I am gettin ready to buy a new head unit for my Crown Victoria and am looking for some suggestions. I have only a few things that its gotta have, but not sure which is the best to go with for the best price. I bought 4 Infinity Speakers from a member on my Crown vic forum so those will be upgraded at the same time.

The head unit must be able to work with my steering wheel controls(I know I need to get the controller box)

I currently have a Parrot Bluetooth system for my phone that plays calls through my stereo speakers, if I can id love to retain that feature but I have no clue what kind of connection I need to have on the stereo for it to work.

I also want HD Radio and an IPOD connector I dunno if the stereos come with those or everything has to be bought seperately.

Don't think i can go with a subwoofer right now, but just want an all around good sounding stereo. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Yeehaw
01-08-2009, 08:36 PM
check out stay tuned they offer a good amount of head units id go with pioneer personal choice but chris over there should be able to help ya out tom

03CVLX
01-08-2009, 09:32 PM
check out stay tuned they offer a good amount of head units id go with pioneer personal choice but chris over there should be able to help ya out tom

Yep, thats the plan. I will probably also check out Project Two. I guess im just looking for a little bit of education on what I need to ask for etc. So when I go in there I at least have a slight clue. :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-08-2009, 10:27 PM
I assume you have the Town Car style steering wheel like my Exploder also has, thats amazing that you can get an adapter to keep the steering wheel controls. They are nice.

Good luck with your set up, are you eliminating or utilizing factory amplifiers ? Surely that car has factory amp/s ?
Whats wrong with the stock stereo ? Or are you like a bigtime headbanger ? :D :headbang

RanJer
01-08-2009, 10:31 PM
You're going to pay for a business to install a head unit and some speakers?.....

:(

I understand when it's complex or you're going for crazy show quality.. but it sounds like you want a good daily driver stereo.... They're not hard to wire up, even with the controller box... I've installed more than a few...

PM Puresound, he should be able to get ya going.

03CVLX
01-08-2009, 11:07 PM
I assume you have the Town Car style steering wheel like my Exploder also has, thats amazing that you can get an adapter to keep the steering wheel controls. They are nice.

Good luck with your set up, are you eliminating or utilizing factory amplifiers ? Surely that car has factory amp/s ?
Whats wrong with the stock stereo ? Or are you like a big time head banger ? :D :headbang

Yep, Its got the Nice wheel with Cruise,Climate and stereo on the wheel. I guess the control box as far as I know makes the buttons a glorified remote control. I don't think my car has any kind of premium sound, it sounds ok but its really nothing special. Its just got 4 5x7's in it 2 in rear deck and one in each front door.

Jer,

I am debating whether or not to install myself or take it in. I know a few people willing to help with the install, only thing thats scaring me is that module for the steering wheel. If it ends up being simple I might just get everything from Crutchfield.

Waver
01-09-2009, 06:17 AM
Go to crutchfield.....they have a setup that you customize for your car.....I t asks you questions like "do you have a steering wheel controller.....enter the information and it narrows down to the stuff spacific for your vehicle......that is how I got all of the mounting/harness for my car, and I am stil retaining the full use of the factory amps with no modulator like best buy and circut city try to hit you up for.

03CVLX
01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Here is the radio I am considering. Anyone have it or know someone with it?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130DEHP4HD/Pioneer-HD-Radio-Package.html?tp=5684

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Not but single din radios look horrible in double din slots. Love the HDead feature too bad the HDead tuner isnt built into deck.

PureSound15
01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Holy man is this thread like a can of worms!

The radio that you picked out is decent. I'm not hooked on HD radio yet but if it's something that you feel you'd enjoy than go for it!

I'll PM you with suggestions or you can PM me with questions. You've got so many options, it's crazy.

03CVLX
01-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Holy man is this thread like a can of worms!

The radio that you picked out is decent. I'm not hooked on HD radio yet but if it's something that you fell you'd enjoy than go for it!

I'll PM you with suggestions or you can PM me with questions. You've got so many options, it's crazy.

I can take or leave HD radio honestly. It was just something I thought I would try. Not real interested in Satellite radio only because Im not in the car for any real long distances to make the fees worth it. I wish I knew more about this stuff, hell maybe half of it isn't even possible. I just don't wanna make a $500 mistake.

Ryan, You have a PM.