PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Body Source fiberglass hoods

PB86MCSS
02-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Does anyone have experience with U.S. Body Source fiberglass aftermarket hoods?

I am planning on getting one soon, but have heard some bad things about their quality...I expect it to be some work to get totally prepared for paint but do not want a nightmare peice that fits like crap and has gaps or whatnot.

Rocket Power
02-06-2004, 12:01 AM
I have heard the same kinds of things about them. Glasstek makes nice stuff and they're right in IL.

88camaro
02-06-2004, 11:49 AM
i have us body hood on my beretta. Theres one outof the hole thing i dont like but other then that it fix just find no problems. Ive had it for 2 years and nothing wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/cangrick/cam.html

PB86MCSS
02-06-2004, 04:48 PM
The hood design I want is only made by U.S. Body Source...unfortunately. The SuperSport hood, its the LS1 Camaro SS ram-air style scoop, looks very good, IMO. Cowls look good too but seems thats what every one and their mothers Monte has ;). Im probably going to get it anyways and make Tim suffer in making it look great :D.

Burgandy85SS
02-07-2004, 01:49 AM
I would just make sure that it fits well if it needs finishing work like most fiberglass does that is not a big deal. Even really expensive hoods need countless hours of work.
My girlfriend bought a GTX Hood for her 97 Prix and I spend well a lot of hours filling pinholes block sanding and fixing a small hand print on the edge(idiot touched fiberglass before dried) and now it looks great.