PDA

View Full Version : This has got to be a joke..

That_Guy
01-07-2009, 11:41 AM
seriously?

a gti is better than a ss/tc or a csrt4?

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sports/112_0903_sport_compact_car_comparison/index.html

thats more like what the list should look like

1) SS/TC
2) wrx
3) csrt4
4) ms3
5) Ralliart
6) GTI
7) Mini
8) Si

Car Guy
01-07-2009, 11:50 AM
It's all personal opinions not hardcore science.....

PureSound15
01-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I haven't driven all of the cars on that list - but I have driven a GTI and the SS and the feel/quality is so much better with the GTI.

The SS has a very plastic cheap feel compared to the GTI which is so tight, and quick to boot. I wish American cars had the build quality of some of the imports (and I know.. reliability issues with the VWs but really there's the same issues with American cars).

That_Guy
01-07-2009, 12:05 PM
yeah but if you base it off of 1/4 mile times, ect.. the wrx and cobalt should be the top 2... price should play in to... idk.. i think the guy was a little off ...

nismodave
01-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Its Motor Trend, the worst of all the Auto Mags. Retards.

But you are obviously biased, and the fact that you put the Dodge anywhere but last makes me question YOUR judgement of autos.

Flicktitty
01-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, i haven't drivin/rode in a Turbo Cobalt yet....but going off what i know about being in and driving a SC/SS Cobalt and driving a 08 GTI. I had alot more fun driving the GTI around the GTI felt just as fast and to me seemed to handle better and not to mention the interior was way above and beyond the Cobalt. The price is the only downfall on a GTI...and the fact it's a VW.

I have yet to be in a Caliber SRT4 but i really liked the old Neon SRT4....bang for the buck it was awesome, besides the interior.

I really wish they would have tested the Mini S (NON CLUBMAN) i think it would have faired better the Sc Mini was a great car and they have only gotten better since being turbo charged.

I can't believe the Civic SI beat out the Ralliart Mitsu either that boggles me.

shoooo32
01-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I had a MKV GTI. The interior was just as nice as my bimmer and it handled better. If I was still in high school I would have picked one of the jap cars or a ss/srt but for DD use you can't beat the fit and finish of a VW.

Breecher_7
01-07-2009, 02:50 PM
The GTI is better built, Ill tell ya that much. Thats one thing Ill give VW, there cars are solid.

BoosTT
01-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Well, i haven't drivin/rode in a Turbo Cobalt yet....but going off what i know about being in and driving a SC/SS Cobalt and driving a 08 GTI. I had alot more fun driving the GTI around the GTI felt just as fast and to me seemed to handle better and not to mention the interior was way above and beyond the Cobalt. The price is the only downfall on a GTI...and the fact it's a VW.

I have yet to be in a Caliber SRT4 but i really liked the old Neon SRT4....bang for the buck it was awesome, besides the interior.

I really wish they would have tested the Mini S (NON CLUBMAN) i think it would have faired better the Sc Mini was a great car and they have only gotten better since being turbo charged.

I can't believe the Civic SI beat out the Ralliart Mitsu either that boggles me.

I agree completely. I drove a gti, mini s, cobalt and been inside an srt4 neon. GTI is what I would buy. After that most likely a mini s (non-clubman). GTI is a great little car, but it's not cheap and not fast.

BadAzzGTA89
01-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I agree completely. I drove a gti, mini s, cobalt and been inside an srt4 neon. GTI is what I would buy. After that most likely a mini s (non-clubman). GTI is a great little car, but it's not cheap and not fast.
Coming from a Audi owner:goof
But just drive any newer VW and the quality is better as far as interior or the whole car comaped to cars in each class IMO and i am not a VW/Audi nut just driven both.

TheRxForSpeeed
01-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Interesting...Car and Driver also did an article similar to this but with the: Volkswagen GTI, Mazdaspeed3 GT, Subaru Impreza WRX, Mini John Cooper works Clubman, Cobalt SS, Honda Civic SI and Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.

In this instance "Some test drivers in our group preferred the ride and handling of the cobalt, others favored the GTI's superior refinement, and so on throughout the field. But the Mazda, we all agreed, offers the best combination of speed, value, and sophistication."

Scores: MS3 - 209, VW GTI - 199, Cobalt SS - 195, Impreza - 192, Civic si - 180, Cooper clubman - 178, Mitsu Ralliart - 172.

Personally now that I have one (used to drive a stock cobalt ss 2.4L) I believe the speed3 is superior to the cars within this field.

But I have a large bias being my other car is a Rx7 and I love Mazda vehicles...