PDA

View Full Version : Got some horrible news today..

Yooformula
02-04-2004, 11:12 PM
My best friend of many years called me today to tell me his mom had been diagnosed with vCJD, Jakob Cruzfeld disease. This is a degenerative disease similar in nature to mad cow's disease except it is not passed through food. Apparently she has been forgetful and clumsy the last few months and they kinda chaulked it up to old age(56) but she fell asleep at the wheel last week and doesn't ever remember driving home at all as she took out a highway gaurdrail.

So they estimate her to live about another 3-4 months and she had an outstanding DNR order in the event of an illness but she had no clue what was wrong with her. She went thinking she was sick with a cold and is now on life support. I dont even know how to comfort him and she was very special to us and our family:(

Prince Valiant
02-05-2004, 12:00 AM
My condolences for your friend's mother, himself, and for you, Yoosef.

Hopefully you'll be comforted with the knowledge that you were at least able to have known and to have been impacted by such a person, whom you obviously feel IS an extraordinary woman...

...and hopefully sharing how you felt about her and how she touched you, and thus how she in part helped shaped you as you are today, will bring comfort to her son...

it'll help for him to know how great a woman others saw his mom as and his good fortune to have had the time with her that he did.

It is very hard not to feel empathy for her son... :(

I am sure God awaits another angel. :(

SMS 1
02-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Wow, I am really sorry to hear that Yoosof. It is always incredibly hard to deal with situations like this because of the shock involved. She will be in our prayers . . .:puppyeyes

Crawlin
02-05-2004, 06:36 PM
Man, don't know what to say. Always sucks to hear such bad news. You know in your heart how to be there for them, and that's just to be a person to listen if they need to talk. Just to hear how they are feeling and I'm sure they know how much you care.

Chris

rsscoty
02-05-2004, 07:44 PM
Yoos, I feel your pain. In 1996, my mother-in-law went from very healthy on easter weekend to dead on memorial day week end.

Apparently she had developed a very rapid cancer and was gone in six weeks. It was really tough, not withstanding that one month later my dad lost a 6 year battle with the cancer.

We were fortunate, I suppose because we had 6 years with him, of course when he died he was only 55. When they are suddenly diagnosed and only given a few months it is hard to fathom.

Best of to you and your buddy.
Scoty