PDA

View Full Version : garret turbo help!?

Yeehaw
01-04-2009, 07:58 PM
my '96 powerstroke is leaking oil again replaced the o-rings and that fixed the issue before NOW there is a little valve that comes up in the pedistal to meet the bottom of the turbo. it is on the left hand side of the truck on the back side of the exhaust back pressure valve (side where the snap ring is) but it goes vertical anyone know what this is called? and why would it have oil pushing past it? thanks

kyle

Breecher_7
01-05-2009, 06:07 PM
my '96 powerstroke is leaking oil again replaced the o-rings and that fixed the issue before NOW there is a little valve that comes up in the pedistal to meet the bottom of the turbo. it is on the left hand side of the truck on the back side of the exhaust back pressure valve (side where the snap ring is) but it goes vertical anyone know what this is called? and why would it have oil pushing past it? thanks

kyle

Im not familiar enough with th P/S engines. Call Hucksdorf and ask them.. HDDIESEL.com

Yeehaw
01-05-2009, 09:08 PM
i think i figured it out im pretty sure its the solenoid which nothing was holding it in i think there should be a bracket of some short above this

supposly they put the turbo in for the previous owner in april which was "brand new" unit but it has painted bolts which would mean it is a rebuilt put a new o-ring on it cause that was broke reason it was leaking and rigged up two washers above it to hold it down hopefully it will stop leaking for good

FourEyedFord
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
The actuator for the EBPV is a very common leak. Mine is leaking right now, too. It uses oil pressure from the motor to operate the back pressure valve right behind the turbine. I disconnected mine because it drove me nuts on cold days. I have the motor out of the truck right now, and I am going to gut the EBPV housing and get rid of actuator too. Hopefully I can just tap and plug the oil supply hole and never have any more issues.

How does the oil pan look on your truck?

Yeehaw
01-06-2009, 12:33 AM
The actuator for the EBPV is a very common leak. Mine is leaking right now, too. It uses oil pressure from the motor to operate the back pressure valve right behind the turbine. I disconnected mine because it drove me nuts on cold days. I have the motor out of the truck right now, and I am going to gut the EBPV housing and get rid of actuator too. Hopefully I can just tap and plug the oil supply hole and never have any more issues.

How does the oil pan look on your truck?

yea i read about gutting it on the psd forum but heard in our weather its not good to do so...is there something that holds that solenoid down? cause mine was just kinda there and leaking lol oil pan looks clean on my truck first thing i looked at when there wasa big puddle underneath it